- Transfer Device or FTP Access
- Hex Edit Knowledge
0x8245397F. Its a byte set to 00. Change it to 1. The controls are choppy and complicated, but it'll work. If you don't have realtime and are modifying the XEX. Go to offset 0x457962 That should move you to a line that looks like (see below). If it doesn't. Go to offset 0x45397F (and add 3FE3 (hex) to it). Look around there for the line below. Remember were editing a unencrypted, decompressed xex file. You can do this in xex tool doing (see bottom of post).
38 A0 00 00 38 89 86 C4
38 A0 00 01 38 89 86 C4
Or catch me on msn for the XEX or here or mu lol.
First time: Hold RB/LB + RT to launch the menu first time. You can even do this at the mainmenu. A version number will appear in top right if successful.
Hold RB (2 seconds) then click LB. = Pop Debug Menu / Close Debug Menu
DPAD = Navigate Menu
A = Select Options
Hold RB (3 seconds)
- Enables Fly Cam
- Moves to 3rd Person
- Moves to 1st Person
Hold LB (+ X Button)
- Enable/Disable God mode
- This god mode allows your health to never go past the last red bar. I tested by standing the middle of 3 elites on Legendary. They attacked me over and over and I never lost that last bit of health. The instant I clicked LB + X, It said, "God Mode Off" and I died.
Hold LB (+ A Button)
- Enable Gun Fly Mode (noclip)
- Body teleports to camera location after clicking again
Hold LB (+ B Button)
- Freezes for screenshot
- Stored in the active game partition (D), so you have to view it while the game is running. (dead canadian)
- In the game.cfg file, under the DEBUG section there is ScrShotPath="D://shots". Possibly changing to like HDD1://shots will work? (untested)
- deadcanadian (plugins)
- Xerax (found offset too, but forgot to button mash lol)
- AMD (explaining ppc)
xextool -ra -mr -cu -eu -o default_uncompressed.xex default.xex
- Removes all limits
- Converts to Retail (JTAG)
- It does not alter the original (default.xex).
- It creates new one at default_uncompressed.xex
Some controls on the debug menu: (cheats and collisions) don't save the options you select and they are always enabled (without giving the associated effects). My guess is that since the debug options are present in the game.cfg file, that there used to be variables for the cheats and collisions options that were removed prior to retail release. Maybe even in another cfg file, not currently referenced. However, the XEX only lists this 4 cfg
- game.cfg (present)
- user.cfg (present)
- parameters.cfg (unknown)
- saves.cfg (campaign save file, inside package)
Edited by iBotPeaches, 20 November 2011 - 11:10 AM.
updated what now.