143 replies to this topic

#21 william48151623

william48151623

Recruit

• Members+

• 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

[img]http://members.tripo...es/image150.jpg[/img]

Wow, all these emotions and that pic just makes it sadder.

The following is sad but true:

You will never be as happy as when you were a kid playing pokemon on the gameboy.

You will never find another website like these modding ones where you felt like you were a family and were a contributing member to something bigger than yourself.

#22 firefoxx04

firefoxx04

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

#23 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105

Insert Custom Title Here.

• Donors+

• 775 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

It says you joined in 2008 on the side ;) lol

On the .net domain ;)
    I was on co.nr and fourmer a little more that a year before halo 3 released.... so around 2006

#24 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

On the .net domain ;)
    I was on co.nr and fourmer a little more that a year before halo 3 released.... so around 2006

I joined after xboxtampers went down, what a shitstorm that place was ;)

#25 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105

Insert Custom Title Here.

• Donors+

• 775 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Xboxtampers... i remember that site
    Sligstorm right?

#26 EmptyGaming

EmptyGaming

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Im not going to lie, But Peaches this almost made me cry. This site like to you was a big part of my life. I to am on my way to getting my Computer Science Degree. And I still to this day remember the first time I came to this site. I may have not been as active as I could have been on this site, but i was so dedicated in learning all types of mods for Halo, etc. I dont know But i would be sad if this site diapered. I do have to say I hope after posting this, and with the Email, people will come back. This community was the best out there for a long time.

Im just rambling now. :/

#27 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

Always thought if I had applied as much time and effort into my school work as I did iBotModz I could have gone far with my education.

I remember all those names. Anarchy bitching when I first got a staff position, when I joined he had the most posts by far and I wanted to beat him.
    Also Dark Slipstream and I bitching over silly immature things.

I used 'Former Sub-Admin of iBotModz' and 'Modded Xboxs and Halo 2' on my Resume and I got the job. So iBotModz has helped me in life.

Was fun indeed.

#28 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

O wow I knew it would happen one day but didn't expect it anytime soon :(
    I loved the site it was amazing first site I ever joined.
    You will all be missed greatly. Goodby.

#29 SerpantSlayer

SerpantSlayer

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:40 AM

i released some mods back in the day ;)

#30 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for the mention. Sorry to say that I havnt been online in ages.

Tho I must say. I'm sure things would be a hell of a lot different for me if I never signed up 3-4 years ago.

To think, I was like 13 when I first joined here, maybe 14... 3 years on now and I do miss being here. It started to become an impossible task remaining an active member. Which has regretfully led to the decline in website activity from nearly all 20 odd thousand members.

Saying that, that number of members is an outstanding achievement in anyones books. So we must have been doing something right.

I would write out a list of people who have helped me, this forum, or any other people I think need a mention, but that list would be practically never ending.

It's been a good run, but this site, whether we wanted it to or not was always aimed at Halo modding. Since that kind of just 'finished' there was no where else to go for us.

I must say, it's been a good few years guys.

Thanks, Dan.

#31 william48151623

william48151623

Recruit

• Members+

• 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

Why talk trash about one of the fallen sites? It's like kicking a dead dog...

Edited by william48151623, 28 October 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#32 firefoxx04

firefoxx04

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

Xboxtampers... i remember that site
    Sligstorm right?

yesss!! thats the name of it. the otherday i was thinking about it but i couldnt remember the name. that is where i would post.

#33 Dataanti

Dataanti

• Members+

• 302 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

bye :( my name wasnt on the list ;_; fuzzy peaches is a meany

i met few good friends on this site... it makes me sad to see it die :(

#34 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

When I saw the title I was worried, then I read the last paragraph and there'd was a sign of relief. IBM isn't going down :)

I'm much like a lot of you, if it wernt for modding, I'd have never got into programming and wouldn't be doing anything I am today. So for that I have t thank halomods, ibotmodz, se7ensins and xboxchaos. And of course the hundreds of people on the sites that helped me and put up with my immature drama/bitching (damn attention *****).

Thanks guys, thanks so much <3

#35 StevenSVE♥

StevenSVE♥

Creator and Director of SVE

• Retired Staff

• 466 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Hey Guys, AModderGuy Here!

iBotPeaches, Those days working with you have been life-changing for me. Your guides and my services to you was a big start turning iBotmodz into a big popularity rivalry to all other modding sites and I thought we were going to be as great as Halomods! Man what a fantasy that was! I'm glad I got to be apart of your community and got to know all these wonderful people that also helped greatly at stuff that I had no skills upon, but this life experience from the age of 12 to now, it was a blast and I now have a career path because of you and the staffs and VIPs. Without you guys, I wouldn't have a clue to do with my life and since you guys showed me, I'm beyond grateful.

Halo 2 Modding was something I didnt think I had the power to do except the developers of bungie can do, but since I found Halomods and saw these incredible arts of mods, I knew it was possible for me and I found you Peaches, you advertising your newly developed site and wanted some people to help out. Man, what a trip down memory lane right? Well, I remember I posted numberless of mods on your site and you were very pleased and we racked up so many members that time, it was amazing for you! I felt so special when you promoted me to moderator; it was like I was worth something, so did I thought back in the days. Even as the site grew and grew, I always tried my hardest to improve the site and then the unthinkable happend when you promoted me to second in command! I was speechless! Yeah Peaches, those were the good o'days!

Well I'm not typing away the whole life story of my time at iBotModz, so anyways, Its been a great pleasure to serve you and others. Sorry to the others that I cant name right now, too complex to remember this sites members. Lets keep in touch Peaches, and who knows we might meet up someday. That would rock if we meet face to face, you've been a great friend!

Final Farewells to iBotModz! Everyone, "Brothers to the End!" As quoted from Gears of War 3

- StevenSVE AKA AModderGuy (Luc)

#36 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Just in a day, I've seen people respond to this post that I thought I'd never seen. Its great to hear that most of you are still out there, and enjoying what your doing. I added a couple more people to the list that I remembered over the day. FYI, that bulk mail I sent to spark this topic is only at 25% completed.

It really is great to hear these stories of everyone. I always wondered if iBotModz influenced anyone, and I think its safe to say it did. The closer I get to my Comp Sci degree, the more I realized how similar we all are. My partner right now was a fellow modder of the dreamcast system (didn't know it was moddable :o ). For those still in school, its amazing how much this community and modding helps you in the real world. The knowledge you obtain being part of this community is priceless. You can't pinpoint exactly what knowledge you gained, but rest assured you'll notice your ahead of some students in school. I know my parents initially doubted the fact that I was wasting my life away on a computer doing mindless mods, but years down the road its easy to separate those with real world knowledge (us) and those with "book" knowledge (them).

One thing I can never thank you guys enough for is the experiences. People sometimes try to convince me of something, and their only ground for facts is books. Those people grew up reading about things, and not doing it. Reading wasn't enough for us, we went ahead and learned with tinkering and messing around, along with reading. I learned programming thanks to you guys. For anyone else who is in college, chasing a computer science degree. I hope you can agree with me, that its easy to tell those programmers that learned from a book and those that learned from actually doing it. Its quite amusing. I wonder if I'll run into any of you guys in real life.

One last thing, I want to echo what smokiest said. I, much like him, spent more time perfecting things on iBotModz then on my schoolwork. I'm sure most of you sometimes put online communities over school. Sometimes I wonder, if I spent the same time on homework instead of online, where would I be now? There's no point in thinking, I like where I am now.

#37 kink

kink

Recruit

• Donors

• 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

Aww, I just never post much :( sad to see the site go.

#38 k9colin

k9colin

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

Wow Peaches you really almost made me cry. Don't get me emotional like that! You probably don't remember me, but I joined around Nov/Dec 2006. I remember AModderGuy/StevenSVE and you both helping me with AI mods (and if im correct, Steven's Coagulation SvE mods). Man H2 modding was a big part of my gaming life, and was one of the prompts for programming, and now, I thank God that Im doing a Computer Engineering Degree (and guess what - programming is my favourite area). Peaches, thanks for this site. If anyone here remembers T Beezies Halo Wars AI mod on containtment gimme a hell yeah.

Btw Peaches if you dont remember me I wont get offended (I think I only got up to 200 posts - not very good at spamming :p). And yes, programming is much better learnt, and a hell of a lot more fun, by doing it rather than reading about doing it. Look what I did recently: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I0cNkaGbrpE

iBotModz4eva

Edited by k9colin, 28 October 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#39 JSB

JSB

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

i havent posted ever, but...

http://www.youtube.c...WlUN1go&ob=av2e

#40 MarcMT

MarcMT

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Man i miss this community =) was the best out there. and because of this site it has lead my life to places i never thought i would be able to achieve, so many great memory's :) hope this site never goes down :D