2 replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

DICE detailed the many ways you can kit out a weapon in the latest post on the Battlefield 3 Battleblog. By switching out the add-ons slotted into each of a weapon's three hard points, you can go from a long-distance sniper to a room-to-room fighter.

The two firearms shown off on the Battleblog (pictured here at the top and bottom of the page) are actually the same gun. Above, you have a bipod, 4X scope, and heavy barrel for longer-range engagements and suppressive fire. Below, the same carbine has a suppressor, holographic scope, and foregrip making it ideal for close quarters.

Available attachments include the usual scopes and underslung secondary barrels (grenade launchers and shotguns in particular), but also utility items like flashlights and forgeries.

Unlocking accessories in Battlefield 3 is a matter of spending time with each weapon, so you'll have to get familiar with a gun before messing around with it. Oh no, that just means you'll have to play more Battlefield 3. Woe is you.

Battlefield 3 comes out October 25 on PS3, 360, and PC.

Posted Image

Edited by Slidell, 25 August 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#2 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

Still not getting my money if I have to buy it via Origin.

#3 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Still not getting my money if I have to buy it via Origin.

You can just buy the physical copy. I'm pretty sure you don't need origin for it.