5 replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

Microsoft used its E3 presentation to push Kinect, showing support for the motion-sensing device in upcoming games such as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Fable: The Journey. Curiously, the company didn't bother announcing that the HD remake for one of the biggest Xbox games ever would utilize Kinect.

Phil Spencer, general manager of Microsoft Game Studios, revealed the nugget in an interview with GameSpot. "As a first party, we believe that Kinect will be important to all genres of games, be it racing games with Forza, combat games like Ryse – even games like Halo Anniversary have Kinect integration."

Spencer didn't explain how exactly Kinect would be supported in the game. Will we be able to toss grenades by whipping our arms into the air? Could it be something more mundane, like letting Kinect players shed their headsets and talk to buddies with the unit's built-in mics? However it's incorporated in the game, please don't let us take control of Master Chief's during cutscenes. We can't be trusted with that kind of responsibility.

#2 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hopefully its mass effect 3 style integration.

#3 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

im just glad it isnt mandatory. kinect is horribly geeky, have you ever seen anybody use it and just looked at them? its like watching a mentaly ill person trying to wash a car... funny... but you feel bad inside. controlers FTW

#4 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

im just glad it isnt mandatory. kinect is horribly geeky, have you ever seen anybody use it and just looked at them? its like watching a mentaly ill person trying to wash a car... funny... but you feel bad inside. controlers FTW

Everyone who I know that has tried it loves it.

#5 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

eh that could have advantages and disadvantages. id hate to see someone trying to use kinect in halo and it screw everything over...

#6 pyrosquirrell

pyrosquirrell

Private

• Donors+

• 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Everyone who I know that has tried it loves it.

I'd agree with you on this one. I have a kinect and I'd love to see some fps or action based games for the device. As would many other people i know who have a heavy fps background.