•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

How to add a crouch switch to a S controller.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 nielsss

nielsss

Sergeant Grade 2

• Retired Staff

• 361 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:04 AM

This would be good because when crouching you do not show up on the enemy radar.

Step 1: Unscrew the 7 screws on the back of the controller (6 visible, and 1 behind the silver sticker), being careful not to lose any, and remove the back cover of the controller.

Step 2: The two points on the circuit board are tough to find. One is in the open, and the other is slightly under the trigger mechanism of the controller (but not that far under --- you can still solder to it without removing the trigger)
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Step 3: Solder a small lead of wire to each point (I used 2 of the 8 little wires inside a solid CAT-5 cable)
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Step 4: Solder those leads to your switch (for most switches, it will be the center pole, and one of the 2 end poles). If you are using that Radio Shack switch, remove the nut from the threads on the switch. Using a dremel (or scissors, wire cutters or some other cutting tool), notch the top front corner of the case as shown in the picture. The switch will fit snugly between the outside of the case and the "ring" where the left control-stick pokes through.
    Posted Image
    Step 5: Put the case back together, and re-screw the 7 screws. If you are using the Radio Shack switch, screw the retention nut back onto the switch. You are good to go...
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

================================================================================
    =========================
    ================================================================================
    OK guys ill do my best on finding a double shot tut.

Anyway I just did this!! here r some pics
    Posted Image
    My 1337 soldering skills lol

Posted Image
    Used soldering ion to melt a hole in the case

Posted Image

Done!