•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

How many people play minecraft?

• Please log in to reply
    59 replies to this topic

Poll: How many people play minecraft? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you play minecraft?

1. Yes, and I am interested (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. Yes, but no I am not interested (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

would anyone be able to start a blank server? let us all play and build a world without mods :)

i know i'm lame but i prefer playing this sort of game vanilla

#42 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

would anyone be able to start a blank server? let us all play and build a world without mods :)

i know i'm lame but i prefer playing this sort of game vanilla

I was thinking about it, but the cost was simply too high

#43 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

I was thinking about it, but the cost was simply too high

wish you could :( i like peaches server, but being a noob player, its to developed for me to be of any use. i need a blank canvas to work with for me to be of any use. and itd be more fun for me :(

#44 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

wish you could :( i like peaches server, but being a noob player, its to developed for me to be of any use. i need a blank canvas to work with for me to be of any use. and itd be more fun for me :(

I have the hardware to build a dedicated server, but I simply don't have the internet to do so. I was looking at hosting, and unfortunately it is simply out of the question for me to pay by the month for one, its too much.
    The price I saw for a VPS was around $40 a month.
    However, that's ridiculous, so I wouldn't ever do that. I saw these prices at on the Minecraft forums:
    Posted Image 3 players - 128mb RAM : $2.95/mo.
    Posted Image 5 players - 256mb RAM: $7/mo.
    Posted Image 10 players - 640MB RAM: $14/mo.
    Posted Image 15 players - 640MB RAM: $21/mo.

^If someone (or multiple someones) would be willing to split/help with the costs, I would manage it. If anyone is interested in splitting/helping with the costs, I will shop around for the best deal. I could also explore the option of regular web hosting, and setting one up on that (more work, but maybe worth it in the long run)

#45 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

5 player one looks ok ish. though i cant talk. i cant afford anything :( saving for a car

#46 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

I can take away the give command :p

This is one of the most vanilla public servers you'll find. Almost everyone runs buhkit or something. Go wander in a direction, (not too far). Otherwise you blow up my mapsize, then grow the file, then cost me more bandwidth. Then start your own little area. The intention of our world was to flatten a massive area and create a city, but that failed.

#47 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

5 player one looks ok ish. though i cant talk. i cant afford anything :( saving for a car

It would be more like donate what you can, not a fixed amount per month. I just don't know if I can pay my bills with another monthly charge

I can take away the give command :p

This is one of the most vanilla public servers you'll find. Almost everyone runs buhkit or something. Go wander in a direction, (not too far). Otherwise you blow up my mapsize, then grow the file, then cost me more bandwidth. Then start your own little area. The intention of our world was to flatten a massive area and create a city, but that failed.

I enjoy the give command because I want to build stuff. Your server really isn't survival, because the zombies/creepers etc. don't come around often, unless you are in an unlit area. I like making exotic places, hence the request for the give command. (if I just wanted to make my castle bigger with cobblestone, I would mine it :p)
    On a different note, I would definatly be able to help build a city (if you wanted to), but we should plan it out first, like what type of city? (Old style, modern?)

#48 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

It would be more like donate what you can, not a fixed amount per month. I just don't know if I can pay my bills with another monthly charge

I enjoy the give command because I want to build stuff. Your server really isn't survival, because the zombies/creepers etc. don't come around often, unless you are in an unlit area. I like making exotic places, hence the request for the give command. (if I just wanted to make my castle bigger with cobblestone, I would mine it :p)
    On a different note, I would definatly be able to help build a city (if you wanted to), but we should plan it out first, like what type of city? (Old style, modern?)

i'd be willing to donate, you can have it on a rolling month by month contract which is good for if it becomes unaffordable. how much would you need from me?

and (noob alert)... whats the /give command? :mellow:

#49 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

i'd be willing to donate, you can have it on a rolling month by month contract which is good for if it becomes unaffordable. how much would you need from me?

and (noob alert)... whats the /give command? :mellow:

a mod that lets you give yourself items I assume.

#50 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

a mod that lets you give yourself items I assume.

No, its in the vanilla game, it allows you to give yourself items/blocks (making building easier)

#51 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

how would i use it?

#52 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

how would i use it?

in the chat, type /give *item id* *amount* (or !give, one of the two should work)
    ^That's only for multiplayer, for single player you need a mod (single player commands, I believe) to use it.

#53 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

If you get permission error tell me. I think I upgraded all IBM members to usergroup 2.

#54 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

i'll try it out tomorrow :) thanks guys

#55 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Our personal server is down as its not yet compatible with 1.5. I could put a vanilla version up there, but I don't want to take the risk with anything possible. SimpleServer is our wrapper, and there seems to be lots of new packets (probably for achievements and weather). It will take awhile to map those packets out and then re-code them into the new version. Hopefully the guys who decompile minecraft will map out the new packets and post them, so then the developers can quickly add the code (lazy ftw).

Our version of SimpleServer also used that !mystats command, but those stats have been built into the core game. So those will probably have to be merged/remove/maintained separately. Point being, it will take time.

There are a couple of new items, so you'll have to spawn those by IDs as no word-ID pair has been made it. Those will come later when I have time.

Check back later today, or tomorrow early for the updated build. Until then, Single Player :p or GOW3.

#56 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Our personal server is down as its not yet compatible with 1.5. I could put a vanilla version up there, but I don't want to take the risk with anything possible. SimpleServer is our wrapper, and there seems to be lots of new packets (probably for achievements and weather). It will take awhile to map those packets out and then re-code them into the new version. Hopefully the guys who decompile minecraft will map out the new packets and post them, so then the developers can quickly add the code (lazy ftw).

Our version of SimpleServer also used that !mystats command, but those stats have been built into the core game. So those will probably have to be merged/remove/maintained separately. Point being, it will take time.

There are a couple of new items, so you'll have to spawn those by IDs as no word-ID pair has been made it. Those will come later when I have time.

Check back later today, or tomorrow early for the updated build. Until then, Single Player :p or GOW3.

Yay finally a booster rail!!!!

#57 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:18 AM

im still so poo at minecraft :( my house is nice enough but its basic as hell. at least i recovered from the small lava under wood incident...

#58 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

kk server is back online.

There might be some bugs left, so if the server rejects your login that means it crashed :( It restarts every 45 minutes, so have fun :p

A more stable SimpleServer will be out later tonight.

#59 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

kk server is back online.

There might be some bugs left, so if the server rejects your login that means it crashed :( It restarts every 45 minutes, so have fun :p

A more stable SimpleServer will be out later tonight.

Would you take offense to me building a giant phallus in the middle of the map?
    (:p)

#60 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

yes