mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image
    Posted Image

Very Simple Tutorial :)

Step 1. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable OR you can simply just insert your SD card into your computer.

Step 2. Download this archive onto your desktop.

Step 3. Extract the archive into the root directory of your SD card.

Step 4. Now, depending on what phone that you have, you will have to navigate to the STARTUP CONFIG folder on your SD card, go into the corresponding folder of your phone, and then copy the "STARTUP.TXT" into the root directory of the SD card. For example, I have the HTC Pure, so I navigated to the "TOPAZ" folder (Apparently it's the same thing), and then copied the "STARTUP.TXT" into the SD card's root directory.

Step 5. Disconnect your phone from your computer, and now navigate to the root directory of your SD card from your phone, and open "Haret.exe".
    Step 6. It will load Linux and take a few minutes to load, and at one point, you have to interact and calibrate the screen.

Step 7. After that, you are free to use Android! And when you restart your phone, you will be back in Windows :) If you want to go back to Android, just open "Haret.exe" again.

<3

Here's some guy's video on the tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHSGsqsESU

I can't imagine anyone having any questions, but if you do, please feel free to ask! I typed this tutorial, but I had nothing to do to the software.

Edited by mangriff32, 28 February 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#2 robert_hehn

robert_hehn

Private Grade 2

• Donors+

• 164 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Never would I put Android on my Windows phone... NEVER!

#3 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

But you gain access to the Android Marketplace, and the Apps on the Android Marketplace are far superior to those available on Windows lol

#4 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

... thats one of the dumbest things i've heard in a long time... i use ios, which (feel free to disagree) is the superior of the 3 big mobile os's. but a close second would be android! its got a great choice for customisation, great games and the android app store is second only too the iphone app store.

from personal trials (and believe me, i considered a move from ios when ios4.0 turned out to be as memory hungry, 4.1+ has fixed this) and windows mobile was by a fair way the most un-natural feeling ui in a phone i have seen. i would even put palms WebOS in front.

for me,

1) iOS
    2) Android
    3) WebOS
    4) Windows Mobile

But now on a different note, i take it this is without proper drivers? as i cant test this i would be very interested to find out how well this works :) iDroid for iphone was very impressive and i would have definitely tried it on my old iphone 3G if it'd had drivers for the battery control and smooth drivers for the graphics. if somebody has managed to successfully port the os to windows mobiles, then a huge kudos to them!

#5 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

I used iDroid as I got tired of the proprietary software which is iOS. Then once that became soo buggy and slow, I bought the Inspire 4G on AT&T, I just loved Android and all its customization.

#6 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

I would take Android over iOS or WP7 any day. The nazi-like restrictions of iOS are annoying, and from what I've seen, WP7 is just too new to be able to perform up to spec (i.e. needs more work)

#7 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

... thats one of the dumbest things i've heard in a long time... i use ios, which (feel free to disagree) is the superior of the 3 big mobile os's. but a close second would be android! its got a great choice for customisation, great games and the android app store is second only too the iphone app store.

from personal trials (and believe me, i considered a move from ios when ios4.0 turned out to be as memory hungry, 4.1+ has fixed this) and windows mobile was by a fair way the most un-natural feeling ui in a phone i have seen. i would even put palms WebOS in front.

for me,

1) iOS
    2) Android
    3) WebOS
    4) Windows Mobile

But now on a different note, i take it this is without proper drivers? as i cant test this i would be very interested to find out how well this works :) iDroid for iphone was very impressive and i would have definitely tried it on my old iphone 3G if it'd had drivers for the battery control and smooth drivers for the graphics. if somebody has managed to successfully port the os to windows mobiles, then a huge kudos to them!

I have it on my HTC Pure and it works pretty much flawlessly, it doesn't drain the battery, and all of the apps work and download just fine :) I have to admit though, it can be a bit sluggish.

#8 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

for me,

1) iOS
    2) Android
    3) WebOS
    4) Windows Mobile

IOS is far from perfect, im switching to either windows or droid.

#9 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

I don't really know if I mentioned this or not, but this is not a overwrite of the Windows OS. It allows you to boot into Android after booting into Windows, but the next time you restart your phone, you will be in Windows, and to go back to it, you just run "Haret.exe".

#10 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

I don't really know if I mentioned this or not, but this is not a overwrite of the Windows OS. It allows you to boot into Android after booting into Windows, but the next time you restart your phone, you will be in Windows, and to go back to it, you just run "Haret.exe".

Dunno if this is a dumb question or not, but are all the phone features working? As in can you still call, text, use data etc.?

#11 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

Dunno if this is a dumb question or not, but are all the phone features working? As in can you still call, text, use data etc.?

Yup, I can call, use data, and text just fine. However, using the normal texting app kinda is messed up, so all you have to do is download a seperate texting app and it all works fine :)