• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 three

three

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

need a hand with xplorer360. using a usb flash drive I formatted to xbox360. used winhex to add line to get rid of fatx error, but when loaded cant see any partition except for partition 0 any help?

#2 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105

Insert Custom Title Here.

• Donors+

• 775 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

you aren't using the right program, (unless xplorer added usb support) use this
    XTAF Explorer

EDIT: NOW 600th MUTHA FUCKIN POST

Edited by REDSTAR 105, 13 January 2011 - 03:43 PM.

#3 three

three

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

any way to put videos onto the harddrive or usb device like the vids you download off of xbl? I got the xtaf program and copied a sample video from my hdd over to the flash to find the location od the videos but when I put a video into that folder it reads as a corrupted video file once I plug it into the 360. any help with that part?

#4 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image

Was it that format?

This Microsoft FAQ should answer any question you have regarding media and USB. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945416

#5 three

three

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

first I tried wmv and it just said corrupted file then I converted it to mpeg4 and still said it was a corrupted video file, I know the file is good. I want to be able to move the file off my usb onto my hdd so I can put my ripped movies directly onto my 360 so I dont have to stream.

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

first I tried wmv and it just said corrupted file then I converted it to mpeg4 and still said it was a corrupted video file, I know the file is good. I want to be able to move the file off my usb onto my hdd so I can put my ripped movies directly onto my 360 so I dont have to stream.

Won't work unless your running a JTAG. All video files are checked prior to viewing. Its not like windows media player, there is verification on what it will play.

However, I might be wrong. To double check look for the "optional media update" in the marketplace and download that. Then give this a try.

#7 three

three

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

came up when I put it on the usb when it was still formatted for pc and it came up with that and I downloaded that. but just doing it from he xbox formatted usb it won't work. I guess I'll have to wait until microsoft finally allows people to transfer video files to their 360. as if that will ever happen. for now I guess I'll just throw them onto a spare external and plug that into the 360. Assuming I can get one that looks enough like the elite that it doesnt make my entertainment stand look stupid.

#8 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

came up when I put it on the usb when it was still formatted for pc and it came up with that and I downloaded that. but just doing it from he xbox formatted usb it won't work. I guess I'll have to wait until microsoft finally allows people to transfer video files to their 360. as if that will ever happen. for now I guess I'll just throw them onto a spare external and plug that into the 360. Assuming I can get one that looks enough like the elite that it doesnt make my entertainment stand look stupid.

your doing it wrong, if you dont format the usb as a memory card and drag the files on it will run.

Use a fat formatted USB and drag the file on, then plug it in.

#9 three

three

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

I dont want to run it off the usb, I want to be able to move it from the usb onto the hdd. but since I dont want to mod my 360 I'll just use an external hdd as a usb flash.