• Please log in to reply
    10 replies to this topic

#1 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hey guys, boy It's been a while since I've been here, prob. since Halo 2 days. But I need someone who has a few brain cells to help me. I was trying to mod new maps on Halo 2, I have the Maps + folders, I signed into LIVE and it gave me a update and my main menu is 1.5 so I believe I can run the new maps. Anyways so I add the maps to my HDD clean or modded, they appear as map packs under my Storage Unit (Microsoft 250GB HDD) All of them appear. The only problem is when I go to the game, choose my Offline profile, It says the DLC is damaged or corrupt... Could someone give me any answers? Is my the folder with all my updates either $c or $u or w/e. lol. I know one of them holds my maps then the other has some updates. Could someone upload there $c + $u MINUS THE MAPS, because maybe those are whats wrong. Maybe because the patch files + w/e files are licensed to another xbox???

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

I was under the impression that when the XBOX original servers went down, so did the ability to update them and/or maps.

Since you can't play on LIVE, I'd just use Snave's mainmenu patch then use that.

#3 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

How would I do that? I'm using a Xbox 360.

#4 Kurrupted Ninja

Kurrupted Ninja

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 195 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

when i got that error i didn't sign it.
    maybe you forgot that

#5 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

I was under the impression that when the XBOX original servers went down, so did the ability to update them and/or maps.

Since you can't play on LIVE, I'd just use Snave's mainmenu patch then use that.

For some reason the xbox 360 still patches the game, although it may just be the compatibility update. If you want the maps, pick up a dlc disk from gamestop.

As to why they are corrupt, its because the you need the appropriate patch.lvl files.

Edited by gruntmods, 20 September 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#6 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

For some reason the xbox 360 still patches the game, although it may just be the compatibility update. If you want the maps, pick up a dlc disk from gamestop.

As to why they are corrupt, its because the you need the appropriate patch.lvl files.

Already downloaded them off some guy on YouTube, It had the correct files in the correct folders, I just needed to put the maps in there which I got off xboxgamefiles.

#7 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

Already downloaded them off some guy on YouTube, It had the correct files in the correct folders, I just needed to put the maps in there which I got off xboxgamefiles.

they are locked to the console downloaded from, you cant use someone else's files.

#8 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

So how do I get the DLC maps under TDATA?

#9 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

So how do I get the DLC maps under TDATA?

no idea, I couldn't get anyone to tell me, so I have a backup copy from xbox live in case I lose it.

#10 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:04 AM

If you can't play online, then why use the correct structure.

Apply this patch to your mainmenu map. http://www.mediafire...ewMaps.serenity (Snave's mainmenu patch)

This tells the mainmenu to look for all new and old maps directly in the maps folder of the game. So this would be the root of your Halo 2 install.

Posted Image

Dump all the new maps directly into that maps folder.

If it doesn't work after doing all of that. Remove your updates by renaming that $u and $c folder to something else.

#11 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

If you can't play online, then why use the correct structure.

Apply this patch to your mainmenu map. http://www.mediafire...ewMaps.serenity (Snave's mainmenu patch)

This tells the mainmenu to look for all new and old maps directly in the maps folder of the game. So this would be the root of your Halo 2 install.

Posted Image

Dump all the new maps directly into that maps folder.

If it doesn't work after doing all of that. Remove your updates by renaming that $u and $c folder to something else.

peaches, he is on an xbox 360.