• Please log in to reply
    9 replies to this topic

#1 iTzoODavidOo

iTzoODavidOo

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 353 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

I have a couple of questions though for you guys.

1. My Computer won't detect my ear phones, they are sony and would work on my old one and on my ipod?

2. What new things can i do on Win7 that i couldn't do on vista (I have seen the adverts on TV)..?

#2 amcboi95

amcboi95

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

1. Get driver genius.
    2. http://lmgtfy.com/?q...dows+7+features
    Win7 is a lot faster and more stable than Vista.

Edited by amcboi95, 23 March 2010 - 12:44 PM.

#3 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

Windows Server 2008 Enterprise is way faster than 7, and looks like 7. :)

If the headphone port isn't working, amc is right, it's probably a driver issue, although 7 should have had the driver... lol

#4 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

Windows Server 2008 Enterprise is way faster than 7, and looks like 7. :)

If the headphone port isn't working, amc is right, it's probably a driver issue, although 7 should have had the driver... lol

windows 7 enterprise is better then both.

#5 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

It mostly fixed the tons of bugs Vista had.

One thing you can't do on Windows Vista that you can do on 7: You can't install your printers. :lol:
    Or at least I can't.

#6 Kurrupted Ninja

Kurrupted Ninja

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 195 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

get drivers. thats what i had to do for 10 of my things

#7 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

why does everyone slate vista?!?! it seems like people say its crap just to be cool. it was nowhere near as bad as people said it was, dont get me wrong it wasnt perfect, but it was fine. and as for win7 the only new thing about it thats useful is the search function which now works (the search in mac has worked for the last 5 years so its about time they caught up). other than that theres very little thats helpful (other than perhaps the new directx that makes emulation of things like PS2, Gamecube, Wii etc a lot smoother graphically).

feel free to slate me for bigging up both vista & mac, but tbh i like both. and 7 is ugly as **** 4 so i wouldn't want to use it anymore. (yes i have got it, have used it, have removed it).

let the hate comense...

#8 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

why does everyone slate vista?!?! it seems like people say its crap just to be cool. it was nowhere near as bad as people said it was, dont get me wrong it wasnt perfect, but it was fine. and as for win7 the only new thing about it thats useful is the search function which now works (the search in mac has worked for the last 5 years so its about time they caught up). other than that theres very little thats helpful (other than perhaps the new directx that makes emulation of things like PS2, Gamecube, Wii etc a lot smoother graphically).

feel free to slate me for bigging up both vista & mac, but tbh i like both. and 7 is ugly as **** 4 so i wouldn't want to use it anymore. (yes i have got it, have used it, have removed it).

let the hate comense...

Alright, I have my hate for vista for a legitimate reason. It came on my laptop, and when you went to open the god damn start menu, the damn start menu it took 5+ seconds. It blue screened the next day. Got it back up and running, brought it up too my cottage, the battery lasted about 2 hours. That very weekend, I installed Win 7, and all my problems went away, and the battery now lasts ~3 hours. I haven't had any blue screens with Win 7, and it was one helluva lot faster. I really don't care about how my desktop looks, so I ain't got a comment there :p

#9 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

Alright, I have my hate for vista for a legitimate reason. It came on my laptop, and when you went to open the god damn start menu, the damn start menu it took 5+ seconds. It blue screened the next day. Got it back up and running, brought it up too my cottage, the battery lasted about 2 hours. That very weekend, I installed Win 7, and all my problems went away, and the battery now lasts ~3 hours. I haven't had any blue screens with Win 7, and it was one helluva lot faster. I really don't care about how my desktop looks, so I ain't got a comment there :p

i would suggest that that was a bad instalation... maybe a driver issue. the OS diddnt cause the blue screen...

#10 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

i would suggest that that was a bad instalation... maybe a driver issue. the OS diddnt cause the blue screen...

How would you know without the error or dump file?