18 replies to this topic

#1 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Xbox 360 Smart Repairs
    Services: X-Clamp Fix Hybrid Advanced(no not the crappy xclamp), Southbridge X-Clamp Fix(on the southbridge chip, no not the gpu and cpu), Reflow with Custom BGA Reflow Station, Parts replacements, custom paint
    (which means I can fix any error)

All for $35 + shipping

Reballing/Chip Replacements Only: $55 + shipping(not$35+$55)

http://www.xbox360sm...epairs.webs.com
    email: xbox360smartrepairs@yahoo.com
    Posted Image

Edited by halo3, 23 March 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#2 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

Don't you think you've posted this enough? The last thing we need here is someone directing traffic away from the site.

#3 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Why don't you contribute to the site, and stop using it as an advertisement?

#4 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

Why don't you contribute to the site, and stop using it as an advertisement?

I do yet there isn't much to contribute to with halo 3 modding almost dead and that is mainly what this site is about. So what's up with people - reping me? Didn't I post this in the right section? I'm offering a great service here, and almost everyone on this site has a 360.

#5 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

I do yet there isn't much to contribute to with halo 3 modding almost dead and that is mainly what this site is about. So what's up with people - reping me? Didn't I post this in the right section? I'm offering a great service here, and almost everyone on this site has a 360.

you really should stop with these, you have probably posted in the forums and shoutbox at least 50 times about it

you even -rep'd someone just because they said they don't want to ship their 360 to you

its been enough

#6 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:44 AM

Offer the service here, don't advertise some half-shit site.

Whether or not you are good, you charge too much for a fix.

#7 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

Xbox 360 Smart Repairs
    Services: X-Clamp Fix Hybrid Advanced(no not the crappy xclamp), Southbridge X-Clamp Fix, Reflow with Custom BGA Reflow Station, Parts replacements, custom paint
    (which means I can fix any error)

All for $35 + shipping
    Reballing/Chip Replacements Only: $55 + shipping(not$35+$55)

http://www.xbox360sm...epairs.webs.com
    email: xbox360smartrepairs@yahoo.com
    Posted Image

no one cares your are unexperinced and over charging there are much better peopl out ther charging way less

#8 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

no one cares your are unexperinced and over charging there are much better peopl out ther charging way less

Who the heck are you!? Inexperienced? You don't have any clue about me or what I do! The people that charge "better deal" are idiots who do the xclamp trick to "fix" your 360; the xclamp trick bends the board causing flexing and other problems, so it doesn't last long and when it breaks again your 360 will be far more damaged then it first was. I don't do any of that crap at all! I only use the best methods and tools to fix 360s, so do a little research because you don't even have the slightest clue with what youâ??re talking about.

Btw I'd like to see someone who offers the same services for anywhere near my price, there isn't anyone, your not going to find a better deal then this.

Edited by halo3, 23 March 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#9 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

just chill halo3, all they're saying is that this website isn't a free base for advertising. if your going to use it to promote your website then personally i think you should at least donate to peaches. That way you'l at least have earned the right a little bit. Currently it's just leaching.

If, you are as good as you say you are (and i wouldn't know one way or the other) then fair enough, probably 99% of this sites members will have 360's and therefore may encounter problems. if you can help then thats fair enough, but to be honest this is a site thats free to register and mainly consists of under 18's, i would say it would be a much better idea to offer free advice rather than charge for repairs. If you know these "special methods" then show us where you learned them! help the community! Perhaps im being unfair, but i know that if i felt i knew a way to fix a problem, i would just walk people through it... i wouldn't ask for payment.

think about it, you can get a set of screwdrivers for £5 and im sure the rest of the necessary components can be picked up on ebay for a lot less than you charge. & this way you will be well thought of, as somebody who helps people (rather than pesters) and then (just maybe) if people need your help then they will seek you out rather than you thrusting your services at them, and you can feel good about that.

donate to peaches and perhaps ask for a sticky of your Xbox 360 repairs thread in the correct section. Then if somebody needs it they will be able to find it, and find you, on there own.

just some things to consider.

Edited by matty0, 24 March 2010 - 04:36 AM.

#10 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

just chill halo3, all they're saying is that this website isn't a free base for advertising. if your going to use it to promote your website then personally i think you should at least donate to peaches. That way you'l at least have earned the right a little bit. Currently it's just leaching.

If, you are as good as you say you are (and i wouldn't know one way or the other) then fair enough, probably 99% of this sites members will have 360's and therefore may encounter problems. if you can help then thats fair enough, but to be honest this is a site thats free to register and mainly consists of under 18's, i would say it would be a much better idea to offer free advice rather than charge for repairs. If you know these "special methods" then show us where you learned them! help the community! Perhaps im being unfair, but i know that if i felt i knew a way to fix a problem, i would just walk people through it... i wouldn't ask for payment.

think about it, you can get a set of screwdrivers for £5 and im sure the rest of the necessary components can be picked up on ebay for a lot less than you charge. & this way you will be well thought of, as somebody who helps people (rather than pesters) and then (just maybe) if people need your help then they will seek you out rather than you thrusting your services at them, and you can feel good about that.

donate to peaches and perhaps ask for a sticky of your Xbox 360 repairs thread in the correct section. Then if somebody needs it they will be able to find it, and find you, on there own.

just some things to consider.

Well put, and I pretty much did share what I do, google it if you want to, you can see that my methods require expensive tools, parts, and experiance. Also your sending it to someone who nows exactly where the problem lies and how to properly repair it. Besides my pricing is the best, do a little reasearch and find out if you don't believe me; with everything I do I could charge up to $100 for a repair yet I offer it a third of the price.

Btw I don't know why everyone thinks this, the repair is not some buy it off ebay slap it together crap repair

Edited by halo3, 24 March 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#11 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

Well put, and I pretty much did share what I do, google it if you want to, you can see that my methods require expensive tools, parts, and experiance. Also your sending it to someone who nows exactly where the problem lies and how to properly repair it. Besides my pricing is the best, do a little reasearch and find out if you don't believe me; with everything I do I could charge up to $100 for a repair yet I offer it a third of the price.

Btw I don't know why everyone thinks this, the repair is not some buy it off ebay slap it together crap repair

You completely missed the whole point of his post. That is the problem with you, you refuse to accept that, maybe, just maybe, there could someone smarter than you, that could help you on your way to forming a nice little business. But instead, you stage arguments with people who receive 10+ Xboxs a day (and fix them all too). Right now, to most of Ibotmodz, you look like a compete douche, because all your doing is shoving advertising down these peoples throats, when thats not what they need. Be a kind chap, and volunteer a bit of time to help people, and if they decide they don't want to try it themselves, then tell them about how you can repair them for a bit of money.

#12 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

100 dollars r u stupid or carzy u can get a new xbox for that much

#13 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

100 dollars r u stupid or carzy u can get a new xbox for that much

yeah well that's what I really could charge

#14 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

yeah well that's what I really could charge

You just keep telling yourself that :)

#15 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

You just keep telling yourself that :)

people charge $50 for the xclamp which I do something even better, people charge $40 for a reflow with a custom bga rework stations, and part replacements are $10; and spray paint for $10

#16 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:42 AM

people charge $50 for the xclamp which I do something even better, people charge $40 for a reflow with a custom bga rework stations, and part replacements are $10; and spray paint for $10

Yet no one buys off you, I could have a jtag performed for less then that, much less buy a new 360 that has been jtaged for 100$.
    Go to some other site and advertise, peaches has already told me that your advertising isnt welcome here, do something constructive with your time.

#17 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

k its come to the point of 2 things.

1) Blatant advertising.

2) Flamming.

For those reasons, I've locked the topic.

#18 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

^ Fail lock?

#19 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts