• Please log in to reply
    29 replies to this topic

#21 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

Actually, save your money... I can almost guarantee you that you can handle this yourself, easily...

What it sounds like from you description of the problem is that you simply used way too much thermal paste on the chips. Honestly, they only need a very light covering (about 2 grains of rice on each chip). The reason you are getting the overheat code is because the chips aren't making a good connection with the heatsinks. try to clean them off really good with alcohol prep pads and redo the paste. The Xclamp works fine and there is no benefit to the more costly "hybrid" clamp. Remember, and seriously... remember.... when putting the screws back in ( screw,metal, nylon, board, nylon, metal, heatsink) only tighten the screws as far as you can with your bare hand... no joke.

And Halo3... jtagging is 95% hardware. The software installation is very basic.

Lemme know if that helps.

The xclamp fix isn't a good fix; try the xclamp trick hybrid. I also don't have the materials for a jtag mod, and I've never done one, so I would rather not try a first attempt on a 360 I don't own.

Edited by halo3, 02 February 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#22 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

The xclamp fix isn't a good fix.; try the xclamp trick hyrbird. Also i don't have the meterial for a jtag mod, and I've never done one so i don't want to try my frist one of your 360.

Fixed:

The xclamp fix isn't a good fix; try the xclamp trick hybrid. I also don't have the materials for a jtag mod, and I've never done one, so I would rather not try a first attempt on a 360 I don't own.

Yes, I'm a Spelling and Grammar Nazi. And yes, I will attempt to fix the spelling on all of your posts (from here on.)

#23 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

Fixed:

Yes, I'm a Spelling and Grammar Nazi. And yes, I will attempt to fix the spelling on all of your posts (from here on.)

ha ha ha... lol yeah my spelling is funny sometimes, hyrbird lol. Its fixed now though

Edited by halo3, 02 February 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#24 Apollo

Apollo

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

ha ha ha... lol yeah my spelling is funny sometimes, hyrbird lol. Its fixed now though

Fixed:

ha ha ha... lol yeah my spelling is funny sometimes, hyrbird lol...I'm rather retarded, you see. . It's fixed now though.

#25 michael iz pro

michael iz pro

Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 355 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

ite ill try once more then its off to halo 3 lol

#26 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

Lol apollo :lol:
    @ kid, ok that sounds good, and remember my email is xbox360smartrepairs@yahoo.com

#27 michael iz pro

michael iz pro

Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 355 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

Can Someone Give Me A Cheap international Package Service From UK to US ?

#28 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

so i guess you didn't ship it out yet? best is fed ex or ups do u have one near you?

#29 michael iz pro

michael iz pro

Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 355 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

Nope And Im Not Sure Where The Closest one is :( do you know what ima put all the xclamps and stuff back on and ship it to microsoft let them fix it then sell it for another exploitable xbox :) do you guys think i should send it off even doe it doesn't have the warranty seal/sticker do you think i should take it off my online xbox and put it on the RROD console im scared that i wont be able to put it back on after repairs :( ive got the new one not the old silver sticker or is someone in the UK selling These Repair Seals/Stickers

Has Anyone Experienced Sending an xbox off without a warranty sticker but looks 100% tidy

#30 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

Nope And Im Not Sure Where The Closest one is :( do you know what ima put all the xclamps and stuff back on and ship it to microsoft let them fix it then sell it for another exploitable xbox :) do you guys think i should send it off even doe it doesn't have the warranty seal/sticker do you think i should take it off my online xbox and put it on the RROD console im scared that i wont be able to put it back on after repairs :( ive got the new one not the old silver sticker or is someone in the UK selling These Repair Seals/Stickers

Has Anyone Experienced Sending an xbox off without a warranty sticker but looks 100% tidy

send it to ms, and they WILL update it... unless they realise it has xclamps then they will just send it back, so its bad either way....
    Search mapquest or something idk for a ups or fedex near you