text sucks, sun thing sucks.

#3 Dog5point0

Dog5point0

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 169 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

rolf i made it rrly fast with Gimp it wasnt suppose to be great just better than his current one lol

#4 NeoBatWare

NeoBatWare

Private

• Members+

• 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

There's a good flow to the sig as the background give it some movement so kudos for that! However, in my opinion, the render blends in too much. Everything is a similar colour. Maybe this was what you were going for, but in my opinion, it detracts from the signature. Next time try to make the render stand out a little more from the background. By not using quite as many brushes and such on top of the render, you will create depth and layer to your piece. Pargy is right in saying that the sun effect doesn't look very good. If you want to create light, try using a 300 pixel circular brush that fades as it extends out (I hope you understand what I'm talking about because that probably didn't describe it very well). Set the brush to white and brush on the outskirts of where you want the light to shine down on. Be careful as too much light can make it look bad! Use a Gradient Map or something of the sort on top of the layer with your light to make the colour of the light fit in with the rest of the colors of the sig (unless white does fit in), and....BAM! Good insta-lighting!

As for the text, well that's just something that people have to pick up on their own (heck, I'm still trying to figure it out!).

Good Luck!

PS
    I know you said that this was a simply gift you made in 5 minutes, but hopefully these tips will help on any sig you make in the future!

Edited by NeoBatWare, 25 January 2010 - 09:48 PM.

#5 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

Text is bad but the glow is good.

#6 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

I agree with the above

Text does not blend
    Sun looks like its from a... kids drawing? (sorry first thing that came to mind)

#7 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

bad flow, monotone, bad text...

I've seen way better with GIMP

#8 NeoBatWare

NeoBatWare

Private

• Members+

• 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm sorry guys but can't we all stop simply stating what is wrong with the sig? 6 word responses listing off the negatives and comparing it to others you've seen isn't the way to go about it. If you want him to get better you have to actually provide constructive criticism, not bash him. Tell him what's wrong and how to improve. Just pointing out the flaws in 6 words won't get him anywhere. Ok so we know that the sun effect and text aren't good, but what could he have done instead to fix these problems?

The best sig makers on the site need to be the most helpful too, not the biggest trolls. If you're so amazing at making tags then clearly you have a lot of information and taking a bit of time to share that knowledge with someone will help them vastly. Remember--you weren't always where you are today. :unworthy:

#9 Dog5point0

Dog5point0

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 169 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

ehh oh well im not the best at this stuff i know that but wiith time i will get better