• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    60 replies to this topic

#41 Soviet Pro

Soviet Pro

Apprentice Grade 2

• Donors

• 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

We need to move away from halo and focous on all types of games that is what we need too do

I agree, the dicksucking fags at S7 have done so and they are getting tons of traffic. Time to bring Modern Crafare 2 into iBotModz xD

#42 Apple303

Apple303

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

well.. i havent been a part of this site long, and it actually just let me log in for the first time a couple minutes ago.. so it would really suck if this site goes to crap before i even get to join in the fun. well. whatever, heres hopin the site stays alive.

#43 Azraelrs

Azraelrs

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 85 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

Sites have come and gone, but this site has stayed. October 2006 the site was born and continued to grow through hackings, and multiple server moves. Its unfortunate that all things must end. Sites have spawned based off a little tool they make. Members want a piece of the moderating (which isn't that great), so they leave to join another site which will tumble in due time. The rise of other sites have left iBotModz in the dark. One could blame the lack of development coming from the iBotModz guys, but I don't think thats it. There are an excess of other sites out there, some of which make their mark from attracting little kids who want to boost. They go against the entire form of " modding" and switch to "hacking". Modding to boost was never, and should never be used online. People mod games for fun, not to cheat. A few sites forgot that and instantly attracted the entire crew of little kids wanted a big number next to their name.

Someone could say, "wtf peach, modding online is the bomb with the 360". I see no value in boosting my gamerscore. Its a bloody number that has no relation to me outside the gaming world. My boss is not going to care that I have 200k gamerscore. Avatar modding is harmless, so I enjoy it. Halo 3 forge mods are harmless, since you cannot go in matchmaking with them.

Point being, Halo Reach marks the start or end to iBotModz. If Halo: Reach modding explodes, we will go with it and continue to live day by day. If Halo: Reach modding fails miserably and the site ceases to exist, I will cancel the server payments and redirect the domain to a site of my pick. I guess we have to hop the bandwagon of boosting/cheating online, or fail miserably for the time being.

Also, If anyone remembered HaloMods it finally was shutdown after the poor management destroyed the best Halo 2 site that existed.

Last point, I have a jtagged xbox now. So I will try and release some tutorials and applications to benefit others as time permits.

I'm Azraelrs, and I 100% agree with this post. It has always pissed me off when kids think they need to cheat online. I feel (very strongly btw) that you have the right to mod your games offline, hack your GS, anything else that doesn't affect others peoples enjoyment. You have NO right to mod games online. Nothing gives you the right to screw with others enjoyment of a game. Some people aren't like me (and others), they can't just DL and burn a game. Some people work hard (and some kids save their allowances) for a long time, just to get that one game they really want. Or maybe they are even less privileged and only get 1 game a year for Christmas... What right do you have to destroy that? You have none.

Use MW2 as an example... How many people waited, and saved, and sooo looked forward to it... Then it was completely ruined for them by people cheating online. It's ridiculous.

Don't screw with others enjoyment... They deserve the right to enjoy the game they bought!

#44 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

how much are the server payments? i'd keep it alive XD
    besides that reach modding is going to happen. Before the beta was even released to the public the modded xexs where out, and a moddign program was out. Also remember microsoft had a hand in reach which means it's moddable + you can now mod with a usb stick XD
    Since reach has improved on a lot and taken somethings from other games I'm sure reach will be a huge success. the beta already has 1m players on it.

#45 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

I'm Azraelrs, and I 100% agree with this post. It has always pissed me off when kids think they need to cheat online. I feel (very strongly btw) that you have the right to mod your games offline, hack your GS, anything else that doesn't affect others peoples enjoyment. You have NO right to mod games online. Nothing gives you the right to screw with others enjoyment of a game. Some people aren't like me (and others), they can't just DL and burn a game. Some people work hard (and some kids save their allowances) for a long time, just to get that one game they really want. Or maybe they are even less privileged and only get 1 game a year for Christmas... What right do you have to destroy that? You have none.

Use MW2 as an example... How many people waited, and saved, and sooo looked forward to it... Then it was completely ruined for them by people cheating online. It's ridiculous.

Don't screw with others enjoyment... They deserve the right to enjoy the game they bought!

I am Quinn, and I approve this message. I'm strongly opposed against cheating/glitching in online play.

#46 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

It's looking good but all we have is con modding it will be like when halo was popular 1-2 years max that's alot of time but we need but we need to figure out something like we had for halo2

#47 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

.map over XBC...

#48 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

Whats xbc

#49 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:05 AM

Its XBConnect, but for some reason their site isn't loading for me right now.

#50 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

What is it a system link mod thing that allows you to connect through the enternet

#51 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

What is it a system link mod thing that allows you to connect through the enternet

not a mod

you download the program and when you go to system link on your xbox/360 you can connect with people (as long as you joined their lobby in the program)

no modding of any kind

#52 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

So jtag+halo modded loby= win?

#53 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

^^will reatil be able to connect and play .map mods^^

#54 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

yup.

#55 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

Nice so why have people haven't started doing that

#56 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

I'd just thought I'd update this and say things aren't going to well.

There is lots of conflict with Reach and tons of people flat out hate it. There is more bashing and arguing about the game then I've seen in any Halo game. Not to mention my plans for stats got shut down with the rules and terms of the new API. (You may view that in detail here)

I will be waiting for the upcoming TU update and judge the outcome of iBotModz on it. I need to create another non-modding site in order to gain the community support of Bungie with my stat application, and paying for 2 licenses and possibly 2 servers just does not seem worth it. iBotModz had its run in the Halo 2 days, but its more than likely time to retire the site for the increasingly large numbers of xbox 360 modding sites.

A very detailed in depth update will be posted by Saturday night.

#57 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

There is lots of conflict with Reach and tons of people flat out hate it. There is more bashing and arguing about the game then I've seen in any Halo game. Not to mention my plans for stats got shut down with the rules and terms of the new API. (You may view that in detail here)

I will be waiting for the upcoming TU update and judge the outcome of iBotModz on it. I need to create another non-modding site in order to gain the community support of Bungie with my stat application, and paying for 2 licenses and possibly 2 servers just does not seem worth it. iBotModz had its run in the Halo 2 days, but its more than likely time to retire the site for the increasingly large numbers of xbox 360 modding sites.

Posted Image

#58 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

I say manually scrape the server. If they do not let you use the API then fuck them.
    As for the site, if absoultly needed I can pitch peachy.

#59 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

A lot of people hate reach, but more say its the best Halo yet

#60 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

A lot of people dont like it because it is so new and different from the other halos. But I think that with time, they will enjoy it more once the community makes MUCH better variations of maps.

Bungie's maps suck. Spire is terrible and don't even get me started about the spawns on Pinnacle.

But once the communities maps get implemented in the system (which they hopefully will do soon), people will like it a lot more.

Why do you need to pay for 2 servers? Why not have 2 on one server?