• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    44 replies to this topic

#41 Azraelrs

Azraelrs

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 85 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

First of all its a smd rework station on the drill press. Yeah at the beggining of november i had no idea what e73 was, at that time i only worked with rrod and e74 360s which are the most common errors. Also no im right, im talking about the caps not the resistors. Try blowing one and find out XD

Also it really doesn't matter what i say anymore becasue it doesn't matter what's true, just what most people believe.

Actually I have removed caps from a 360 and had it run fine... rework station, hmm, does it produce heat directed at something... like a heatgun. Your problem is you come in, spout bad information you read somewhere and have nothing at all to back it up. I have a track record and lots of successful repairs. You have nothing you can show. You need to understand that reading stuff and paying to much for a "professional" rework station doesn't make you an expert. Doing this successfully for 3+ years on hundreds of consoles, is what makes me think I know just a little bit.

#42 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Actually I have removed caps from a 360 and had it run fine... rework station, hmm, does it produce heat directed at something... like a heatgun. Your problem is you come in, spout bad information you read somewhere and have nothing at all to back it up. I have a track record and lots of successful repairs. You have nothing you can show. You need to understand that reading stuff and paying to much for a "professional" rework station doesn't make you an expert. Doing this successfully for 3+ years on hundreds of consoles, is what makes me think I know just a little bit.

A rework station is sort of similar to a heat gun , yet you control the temp and air flow.

#43 Azraelrs

Azraelrs

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 85 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

A rework station is sort of similar to a heat gun , yet you control the temp and air flow.

yes, it is a heatgun. My heatgun allows adjustment of temps just fine, and nozzles direct how wide or narrow of an area you wish to heat.

#44 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

yes, it is a heatgun. My heatgun allows adjustment of temps just fine, and nozzles direct how wide or narrow of an area you wish to heat.

um don't all heatguns do that? A normal heatgun is bad beacuse it causes flexing and damage becasue its too wide, uneven heating, and too much heat. My smd rework station is ment to do things like this, and you can get it to the exact temp you want.

Edited by halo3, 02 February 2010 - 07:48 PM.

#45 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Halo3, you're wrong. Closed due to embarrassing yourself.