• Please log in to reply
    15 replies to this topic

#1 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:00 AM

I am modding a friend's xbox now and I want to put the mimesis maps on there. I downloaded them with mimesis v3 on my xbox a while back and now mimesis doesn't work because the servers are down I think. Anyway, is there a way to get those maps on my friend's xbox from a map pack or something?

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:36 AM

Does mimesis download the files on the fly and un-zip them?

I have all the mimesis packages in the mcp form, but I think you can drop them in their respective E:/TDATA folder and they will install. Most of those mods are in Killtrocity v1 and Killtrocity v2.

#3 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

It puts the maps in many different folders after the other 4 standard map packs. I am not exactly sure how the installation process works, but I think it uses the default.xbe v1.5 update to run. And there were some kind of patches too.

You mentioned the killtrocity packs. Could you point me in the right direction for those? And how do you install those? I installed the 4 original map packs with an installer that had them in their respective folders. However, I could not get this installer to load on one of my xboxes because it just booted back to the dash every time I tried to launch the default.xbe.

I already have the maps downloaded on one of my other xbox, so would I be able to put those in a folder in the installer and install them?

#4 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

The installer is a PC based application that just applies the patches for the mods into the the modified maps. Then you take all those modified maps and place them in the H2 structure folder (Like with the fonts, binks, maps, and default.xbe)

Then you move all of that into an ISO with QUIX, or just FTP into your xbox if you have more than a stock HD in it.

#5 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

So the Killtrocity Map Packs are separate Halo 2 game Discs that run independently if you put them in your game list on the xbox, correct? It just adds a ton of maps to the multiplayer maps and eliminates the campaign mode. How would it handle the downloaded maps? Would I be able to play the original Halo 2 maps if I ran the separate game?

I think I'm going to download the AI revision map pack as well as the two killtrocity ones. Is that all the map packs that are available?

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

There are 3 mappacks worth mentioning (Killtrocity v1, Killtrocity v2, and H2 AI Revision)

Some may say Halo 2.5 is a mappack, but its just not complete, and the Killjoy mappack is an excuse of a mappack.

Explain to me what normal xbox situation you run, based on that you can select a specific way to run the mappacks. If you have a large HD in your xbox, you can just copy the mappacks from your computer to your xbox using a tool like CBox Tools. Or if you still run the 10gb stock HD, you can burn the mappacks on DVD single layer discs using QUIX.

Some people will run the mappacks separately, by renaming the default.xbe and stuff like that. It bypasses the DLC maps, by editing the default.xbe to look in the wrong place for the new maps, so thus they aren't loaded. The campaign mode isn't really eliminated, its usually just not included since its an extra 2gb to download and upload. Any mappack that has less than 49 maps in the MP should be able to run the campaign (assuming you put the campaign maps in the right place)

#7 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

I think I got the hang of the map packs now. I downloaded the Killtrocity V2 Pack and it is super awesome! I will have to put it in my games folder and treat it like a separate Halo 2 game. That is what I would like to do for the other Killtrocity Pack and the AI Revision Pack. I have two xboxes with larger hard drives on them and I just put a larger hard drive in my friend's xbox, so I wanted to get the most out of it. I can't believe that I didn't know about these packs earlier when I was really into Halo 2 with my friends. I am finishing downloading the Killtrocity V1 Pack now and I already have the AI Revision one downloaded. I will have to FTP the clean maps for the AI Revision Pack so that I can patch them and put them back on the xbox. That will be 4 Halo 2 games on each xbox, and they will be named according to their map pack. I guess I have some work to do. The trickiest part will be figuring out the AI Revision Pack. I remember using Yelo back when I was into modding a little bit, so I will have to figure that out again as well.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I am running xbmc as my dashboard and I was wondering if there were any pictures that I could use for the 3 map packs. I have many xbox games each with their own game case picture and it would be great to have some for the new Halo 2 maps. B)

Edited by MasterChief117, 06 December 2009 - 08:20 PM.

#8 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

The little icon that shows on the modded dashboard for that game? Never found out how to change it, I think its in the default.xbe though.

Use this tool to edit the halo XBEs to rename them to like Killtrocity v2 and etc, so you can find them easier.

Attached File  Halo2USE.rar   96.33KB   355 downloads

Instead of FTPing clean maps, you can get them from http://xboxgamefiles.com if that helps.

#9 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

It seems like you don't use xbmc much. You can customize everything with pictures such as music, videos, games, and wide icons for tv shows and such. Anyway, here is a picture of my games list:

Posted Image

I was looking for a picture like this. You can also edit any xbe title within xbmc and you can use trainers on any xbox game that has them by going into the settings and choosing what you want to turn on.

Thanks again.

#10 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

Ooo. I never ever have sorted by Big Icons 2. Nor, did I know it was an option.

However, I do know my XBMC.

Here are some of my games:
    (note: xtreme beach volleyball)

g1.PNG

g2.PNG

g3.PNG

g4.PNG

and my HDD stats.
    500hdd.PNG

#11 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, coverflow is awesome for games and dvds. If you want to change pictures for your games you can find one that you want and rename it to "default.tbn" and stick it in your root game folder next to your default.xbe. Then you probably would have to delete your previous image from your Q:\Userdata\Thumbnails\Programs folder. Refresh and you're good to go.

BTW, what is that Halo 2 Combat Evolved game? I would be interested in that if I could play the original blood gulch and sidewinder in Halo 2.

Edit: DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball :thumbdown: J/K. Never played that one!

Would you happen to have the "intro_60.bik" for the AI Revision Pack? If you don't that's ok. I just can't find it in the pack I downloaded. I have the two Killtrocity Packs on my xbox now and they are spectacular! I am ftping the AI Revision Pack now.

Edited by MasterChief117, 06 December 2009 - 11:34 PM.

#12 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:53 AM

The cool intro for H2AR? I never found, I used to have it but lost it over the years.

Halo 2 Combat Evolved is basically Halo 1 in H2, I don't think I have the patching programs, just the ISO.

#13 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for the information about Coverflow. I've now started gathering cover art for all my games.

coverflow.PNG

#14 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

No problem man. I got all three map packs working fine. There were only a few levels that didn't load and I don't know why. I also found some cool pics for the map packs to go nicely with xbmc.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Also, I used an xbe shortcut to launch Xored 2.2 when you try to run the AI Revision Pack. That way anyone who tries to run it will be able to try this without the prior knowledge to run the Xored 2.2 trainer.

Edited by MasterChief117, 07 December 2009 - 09:05 PM.

#15 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

Here are the Killtrocity box arts. Just open them in photoshop, and cut the left side off of whichever one you want. Then boom cover art. You have the H2 AI one, so won't bother uploading it.

Killtrocity v1:
    kill1.jpg
    kill2.jpg
    kill3.jpg
    kill4.jpg

Killtrocity v2:
    killv21.jpg
    killv22.jpg
    killv2v4.png
    killv23.jpg

Or just be lazy, and use the ones I cut out.
    killtrocityv2.jpg
    killtrocityv1.jpg

#16 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Sweet! Thanks. :thumbsup: