2 replies to this topic

#1 ATTIKIT

ATTIKIT

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 80 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:01 AM

Though most of you wont care or belive me here is what happened

I just bought a Xbox 360 and guess what happened after I played Halo 3 for a few hours...E74

ATTIKIT'S story

I was playing Halo 3 like usual for a few hours.I was happy because I just got a new Xbox due to my old R.I.P "Sexbox 360"
    DVD drive failure.Now I had the Ben-Q Dvd tray witch struck me as odd because that is the same DVD tray in my XNA XeDK "Development kit 360" and I have had that longer than my old "retail".Most of you guys will probley be like well just play the XeDK well I do.But it is only for working and debugging my game and I cant get on LIVE with it only P-Net.Thats is why I bought a "Retail Xbox 360" in the first place.So I turned it off untill later that night when I was going to watch "The Fast And The Furious 4"Because it was my DVD player to :p.SO I turned it on and it started normal disk tray opened I took Halo 3 out went to put it away when the screen cought my eye...E74 error has occured or something like that.I started freaking out a little bit then I proceded to turn it off and remove the HDD from it.No such luck so I disconnected it from the internet...Still no luck then I decided to take it apart to fix it "DISCLAMER" I know what I did was stupid on my part but you have to understand I know a lot..about the 360 and have fixed this problem before on a friends 360. So I found that I had a xbox 360 that was old as sh!*. Feb 2005. after a little reaserch I found that A xbox that is made before or on the year of 2005 are not HD compatible and I had my HD cord in the TV switched to HD.Wich broke my console there is no fix for this now so my new question "joke" Anyone want to buy it "end joke" thank you for reading this ~ATTIKIT

#2 ixGAMEOVERxixx

ixGAMEOVERxixx

Private Grade 2

• VIP

• 478 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

That is truly unfortunate. Poor you, also your a lucky bastard for having XeDX, and for that.. I hate you.

#3 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

tl;dr