• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    10 replies to this topic

#1 nielsss

nielsss

Sergeant Grade 2

• Retired Staff

• 361 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

OOwwww Yeah halo 3 modding here we come, i know this should be in halo 3 news but this is too amazing ....
    TRUST ME THIS iS REAL AND IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FAKE
    [youtube:3qcw8kfx]6iqARzxWtm8[/youtube:3qcw8kfx]
    Video link if above dont work

Another video
    http://useruploads.m..._Video.mpg.html

Some questions answered by the creator of this video

Monkey wanted me to come here to answer any questions about XeNoN7 and my mods. We worked together on this project though do not expect much info. I can tell you right now that this takes extensive moding of a stock xbox360. I am lllsondowlll from youtube. XeNoN7 and I released our videos at the same time. XeNoN7 and I have worked on an application unlike engeneer that will allow extreme moding in halo 3 to be possible any questions related to halo 3 mods I will answer at this time.

The only safe word I can give you as of now is that there is someone currently working with a team to make a homebrew kernel for the xbox360. Though this is not really the method we used. It will work the same. This was not done with a devkit, per-say.

I once was a supporter of (non-cheating) LIVE moding but as of now I have come to realize that live moding will eventually lead to cheating. It is possible for a certain 360 such as this to access live. However no further testing has actually been conducted in the testing of loading halo 3 on xbox live with the mods. Though if you can access live with this method then I'm sure you can access halo 3, which we want to avoid. Thus waiting for a homebrew kernel to come out would be the best course of action for all of us as when that time comes it will use a lower kernel build to run which in tern will make xbox live non accessible unless updated.

Any other questions? Its getting late here and I'm only going to be doing this tonight. Maybe I will stay on one more hour. I'm doing this for purpose of eliminated speculation this way not to mislead.

Your free to ask questions. Thats why I am here. this way people don't get confused and spread really bad rumors.

I really doubt anthony would say anything like that maybe you misheard him. Anthony only knows of kornman's Devkit moding which is not possible to access live. A modded firmware will not get you anywhere. The path XeNoN7 and I have chosen for moding is using extensive hardware resources to build apon a stock xbox360

No infectus chip. permanent hardware was used. And the video quality is due to me using my old capture card do to failure of my newer one. The quality gets better near the warthog banchee hybrid due to the fact I used a better codec, divex.

strictly hardware to obtain this level of custom code. I will say this, it is a hybrid console.

A live enabled box? Well hypothetically speaking yes. only because, a downgraded kernel will most likely be the basecode of a homebrew kernel which I heard they are working on. If this is so. Your xbox will be live enabled but will not be able to play live. with infectus chip you can dual boot kernels so you could switch between custom and updated I suppose :-/. This is all in theory though.

Well since nobody seems to have anymore questions I'm closing this down. Hope I answered every one of your questions and I hope that you will be looking forward to moding in the future when ever homebrew is enabled for the xbox360. Till then just know, Its possible.

Just think about how well of a online community we would have if I did tell. Also I told you pretty much everything already. I'm just not going to tell you how to do it yourself because then everyone will mod their 360's this way and then turn xbox live into an unstoppable **** fest thats 50$ a year. No thanks. If it means you guys need to wait a couple of months to a year to mod rather then destroying xbox live then Its worth it.

There was no disk's involved and this wasn't modded on a devkit persay. Like I said this is a hybrid console.

If you actually watched my movie it will explain all of this. Information on how this will be done will NOT be released. A custom kernel is expected for release within this year, though this is debatable. What I can tell you is, is that this is a xbox360 upgraded with extra parts. There isn't anything to do with a modchip in this process. Just wait this year and maybe we will all have homebrew. Also you may be trustable but that doesn't mean others would be. Others would use this to exploit xbox live in modification in games without use of a backup disk thus evading any protection xbox live has against piracy and cheating. This method will NOT be publicized by XeNoN7 or I. However XeNoN7 will be releasing plugins we used for the moding program we have worked on (more of XeNoN7's work I should say) it will be released at halomods.com.

#2 noodle1119

noodle1119

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 212 posts
    • Location:Ã?¢Ã?Å?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã?®Ã?¢Ã?Å?Ã? Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?Â¥Ã?¢ââ??¢Ã?¡

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:43 PM

DDDDDDDDD

#3 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:52 PM

He he. I posted this before you. But you posted in the news section. This is custom kernal, not resigning and patching, so were still at square 1.

#4 Snowmon333♥

Snowmon333♥

• Retired Staff

• 1,029 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

wow

thats great

#5 xValidToasterx♥

xValidToasterx♥

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 239 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

why were the spartans flaming? and what was the elite doing? all in all that was FN awsome

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

Spartans were burning without damage. The elite was swapped with powerdrain. NOtice how he lost health when going near it

#7 sparta

sparta

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 192 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

ohh that what the elite was doing thought it was using some sort of force thing because he looked like he flew back guess he just jumped

#8 .dice♥

.dice♥

The Guitar Hero From Hell

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

HELL YEAH!! too bad when the "custom kernel" comes out, none of u want to sacrifice your online . Can't wait, for that kernel!

#9 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:58 AM

So this kernel...

Could someone explain a little better how we are going to mod from this kernel and what it is exactly?

#10 .dice♥

.dice♥

The Guitar Hero From Hell

• Members+

• 577 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:15 AM

well this wasn't modding with the custom kernel, they were modding using a devkit. the devkit made it so that the all the security checks turned off, so then the mods could boot.

#11 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:40 AM

Yeah i got it now. Thanks Dice.