• Please log in to reply
    18 replies to this topic

#1 Relapse

Relapse

Private Grade 2

• Donors

• 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

I know this is the wrong section but in the Xbox section it won't get noticed.

Halo2 is going to be dead forever PLAY IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

News: Microsoft to close Halo 2 Servers - Strategy Informer

OR

http://www.oxm.co.uk...le.php?id=12765

#2 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Halo 2 is the best game in the world, this is a big mistake for Microsoft.

#3 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

Old News. But some idiots forget about XBC and xlink...

#4 Relapse

Relapse

Private Grade 2

• Donors

• 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

They're doing it so they can make it so you can have more than 100 friends <_<

#5 Relapse

Relapse

Private Grade 2

• Donors

• 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Old News. But some idiots forget about XBC and xlink...

It was posted August 11th....2 weeks is not considered "Old news"

#6 swampy666

swampy666

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 254 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:45 PM

It was posted August 11th....2 weeks is not considered "Old news"

Not to be rude or anything but you could have just edited your first post instead of double posting.

#7 Relapse

Relapse

Private Grade 2

• Donors

• 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

Not to be rude or anything but you could have just edited your first post instead of double posting.

Too much work.

#8 XeNoN.7

XeNoN.7

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:03 AM

Too much work.

Perfect example of why this generation is garbage.. People apparently think moving their hand a couple of inches at most and clicking a button is too much.. I really hope you have carpal tunnel, otherwise I feel sorry for that wasted flesh wrapped around your head. Don't know about other people, but I'd rather take an extra second out of my life to actually look proper and professional.. as apposed to a 12-year old prepubescent child.

In other news, real shame.. Halo 2 was good, and it really is ******** for all those others who still play it.. I mean it's real ********.. but I mean I guess it's for the best.. Not everyone on Xbox Live likes Halo, and it shouldn't be holding them all back.

Edited by XeNoN.7, 28 August 2009 - 04:06 AM.

#9 Relapse

Relapse

Private Grade 2

• Donors

• 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:54 AM

Perfect example of why this generation is garbage.. People apparently think moving their hand a couple of inches at most and clicking a button is too much.. I really hope you have carpal tunnel, otherwise I feel sorry for that wasted flesh wrapped around your head. Don't know about other people, but I'd rather take an extra second out of my life to actually look proper and professional.. as apposed to a 12-year old prepubescent child.

In other news, real shame.. Halo 2 was good, and it really is ******** for all those others who still play it.. I mean it's real ********.. but I mean I guess it's for the best.. Not everyone on Xbox Live likes Halo, and it shouldn't be holding them all back.

First off before you flame me, I was joking about it being too much. Second you think I give a damn about looking "Professional" on a website?.....No I don't.

Edited by xBRxP3RF3CTIONx, 28 August 2009 - 05:54 AM.

#10 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

It said in oxm a few months back that they are increasing the size of friends list times 30, so 30 x 100 = 3000 friends.

#11 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

Thats fucking bullshit. I believe you, but 3000 friends? I don't want to look through 3000 friends looking for 1 gamertag, jesus fucking Christ. That idea is stupid, 150-300 friends. Okay, thats acceptable. But 3000? That really is retarded. I don't think that anyone on xbox wants 3000 friends, and if you play xbox enough to play with all 3000 friends i doubt that you would even have 3000 friends ever in your life...

Edited by Dakote, 28 August 2009 - 11:19 AM.

#12 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

Thats fucking bullshit. I believe you, but 3000 friends? I don't want to look through 3000 friends looking for 1 gamertag, jesus fucking Christ. That idea is stupid, 150-300 friends. Okay, thats acceptable. But 3000? That really is retarded. I don't think that anyone on xbox wants 3000 friends, and if you play xbox enough to play with all 3000 friends i doubt that you would even have 3000 friends ever in your life...

/agree theres no point at expanding the friend list because I hardly talk to 20+ of them

#13 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    i love halo 2 mods on live.......

#14 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

It said in oxm a few months back that they are increasing the size of friends list times 30, so 30 x 100 = 3000 friends.

I have 28 or 29 friends on xbl,I see no point in a friends list more than 100.

#15 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+

• 927 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

I'd rather have Halo 2 than friends any day! :D

I don't understand how anyone could possibly need more than 100 friends on LIVE.

and Halo 2 was :awesome:

#16 garygodx

garygodx

Recruit

• Members+

• 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:16 AM

Do you really think that there going to allow you to have more then a 100 friends its doubtful even if they had such a option there probably going to make a platinum membership or something to have more then 100 friends for a price. So maybe even less people would be enjoying over a 100 friends then the number of people that are still enjoying halo 2. Notice the only excuse they used was the 100 friend limit its probably the only excuse they had.

P.S.
    Why don't they just enable the guide button in xbox original games then there would be no reason to shut down the halo 2 severs except for them to just save a few dollars. That's all it is they force people to upgrade so they make more money they tried it with windows vista kinda and it didn't work but it worked on most gamers on the xbox 360 but there really was no reason for them not to make every game backwards compatible.

Edited by garygodx, 02 September 2009 - 05:22 AM.

#17 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

I have 28 or 29 friends on xbl,I see no point in a friends list more than 100.

Every day I have to remove someone and it gets annoying, but shutting down the best game in the world is a big fucking mistake for Microsoft.

#18 0xidium

0xidium

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 167 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

Every day I have to remove someone and it gets annoying, but shutting down the best game in the world is a big fucking mistake for Microsoft.

If you ask me I'd say it's about time. <_< Here read this.

It must be really frustrating to have a cap on your friends list for the Xbox Live. If you want to know the real reason why you can't have your 101th friend, it's because of Halo 2. Yes, the Xbox original is still haunting XBL, thanks to the power of its solid community.

According to G4TV, because Halo 2 fans are still at it in the original XBL, Microsoft just can't go and upgrade the friends cap for the new XBL. Not getting the connection? Here's the thing: the original XBL really can't handle having more than 100 friends; it just wasn't built that way. The new XBL can, though. The "technical obstacle" that Microsoft was referring to when they explained why the new XBL is capped at 100 friends would actually be Halo 2.

For them to up the friends cap on the new XBL, Microsoft would have to ditch support for Halo 2 online. And seeing how popular the game remains to be, it's just bad business call to dump something that many people are obviously enjoying, and thereby raking in profits for the company. Why not just release a patch for it? Well it's not that simple either, cos if it were the only problem, MS would have most likely released one already.

G4TV's insider source also said that there is no definite time as to when MS will disable support for Halo 2, but it could probably happen after the release of Halo 3: ODST. If you want to expedite and ensure this, however, you need to voice out what you want.

I sense an Online Petition coming on then. At least now you know what's the real reason for the cap, and knowing is always half the battle.

Edited by 0xidium, 02 September 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#19 Relapse

Relapse

Private Grade 2

• Donors

• 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

UPDATE: Released by MS on MajorNelson.com Halo2 is not going anywhere for the time being at least :)