• Please log in to reply
    26 replies to this topic

#1 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

Alright so I arrived in my new house around last Saturday/Sunday.

My dad told me that we're getting AT&T internet on Monday.

So on Monday, my internet was supposed to be turn on, but nothing happened, I was really disappointed...the next day, my dad and I went to WalMart and he just randomly buys me an new xbox.

I was really happy and I came home and unboxed it, and I couldn't get on live or check out the new update because my shitty internet wasn't on.

So I just spent my time going to the movies and playing Fallout 3 all day. When my dad came home at 5 he told me a technician is going to come tommorrow from 9-12.

So guess what, the next day I was watching TV right next to my door, and NO ONE knocked on my door AT ALL. Around 12, I get a call from my dad saying that a guy came at 10:51am.

I was really pissed because I was sitting a so close to my door and no one answered, they didn't even ring the ******* doorbell.

Guess what? I get to wait ANOTHER two days for another tech guy to come!

Its now Friday and remember they were supposed to set it up on Monday, so anyways this time the tech actually came. I told him to set it up and in 1 hour I was on xbox live.

Three words...SLOW AS FUCK

My brand new modem started turning off randomly and the new avatar marketplace was just fucking slow.

They promised a 3.0 meg connection was was HALF as slow as my older ISP SuddenLink, so at first I thought it was just the slow speed but it was fucking crazy how slow it was.

So anyways as I said my NEW modem started having problems, the internet light randomly started gong red and then the dsl light started flashing. I was really pissed.

So we get another tech, and he inspects the back of my house. He tells me that a cable was loose and he plugs it back in.

So I get on and the problem is still there. My dad called AT&T and they give him THE MOST RETARDED ANSWER:

I'm sorry sir, but your current area is to far from one of our "stations" so we are unable to give you a 3.0 meg connection. Your connection must be downgraded to a speed of 1.5 megs.

WHAT THE FUCK!?! I LIVE IN SHREVEPORT FUCKING LOUISIANA!! THE SECOND BIGGEST CITY IN LA!!

And they tell me that they don't have a "station" close to me?

So the story continues...My 1.5meg connection seemed to fix all of the issues, but not for long.

I was on IBM last night and I was getting pissed because I was trying to finish Dan's P2S promo but after effects was downloading at 10kbs. So I decided to go to make a topic just like this one telling how pissed I am about AT&T.

The second I click on the the make new topic button, this is the message I get:

Posted Image

I love AT&T :)

#2 Pargy

Pargy

WTF is a Pargy?

• VIP

• 1,466 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

I haz AT&T as well...well its wildblue..but its still AT&T
    Yesterday i couldnt connect at all..normally its like that when its rainy or cloudy because its satellite. It wasnt cloudy or rainy at all.

Right now i can barely load a page, the fastest it has been today is .08 Mb/s (according to speedtest)

...well im switching to Their DSL because its cheaper and faster. I live near a big ass city (columbus, GA) but the only shit i can get is damn AT&T :(

#3 360

Sergeant Grade 2

• Donors

• 373 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

That sucks lost. Not to brag or anything but I have comcast and it's the best i have a really good connection. Like the BEST ever. Sorry if I was bragging.

#4 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

I haz AT&T as well...well its wildblue..but its still AT&T
    Yesterday i couldnt connect at all..normally its like that when its rainy or cloudy because its satellite. It wasnt cloudy or rainy at all.

Right now i can barely load a page, the fastest it has been today is .08 Mb/s (according to speedtest)

...well im switching to Their DSL because its cheaper and faster. I live near a big ass city (columbus, GA) but the only shit i can get is damn AT&T :(

Have fun with that :)

If they can't get me more than a 3 meg connection in fucking Shreveport Louisiana then somethings seriously messed up with them.

#5 iTerry

iTerry

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

i love at&t no problems for me at all not slow or nothing,and they give me a lollipop when they came :drool:

Edited by iTerry, 19 August 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#6 amcboi95

amcboi95

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 150 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

I have att&t dsl and it takes me an hour to watch a ten minute video. -.-

#7 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

i love at&t no problems for me at all not slow or nothing,and they give me a lollipop when they came :drool:

Lucky...AT&T does have 6meg connection but its not available in the second largest city in Louisiana.

Its pretty sad.

#8 TheEazyB

TheEazyB

Corporal Grade 1

• Donors+

• 333 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

They gave problems intially, had to get a specialized business modem apparently. After that, everything has been fine.

#9 Decatur

Decatur

I went from script kiddie to network engineer

• Retired Staff

• 2,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

nvm

#10 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:55 AM

yourLink for the lose.

i often have trouble with mine, but for a diffrent reason. I live no where near a city lol.

#11 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

yourLink for the lose.

i often have trouble with mine, but for a diffrent reason. I live no where near a city lol.

I am on a damn 1.5 meg connection and my modem is shutting off every 5 minutes.

The AT&T guy came yesterday and that fat bitch didn't even knock on the door.

#12 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

I have BT (British Telecommunications). :D

Never had any problems, great 8mb speed, 1 problem with the wireless, they just sent us a new HomeHub (Router). :)

#13 PREPPY DIABLO

PREPPY DIABLO

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 625 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

i havee metrocast. its ok most of the time.

#14 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

Screw AT&T!

All you bitches out there I'm getting comcast tommorrow, guaranteed 6-12 meg connection.

#15 amcboi95

amcboi95

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Screw AT&T!

All you bitches out there I'm getting comcast tommorrow, guaranteed 6-12 meg connection.

BITCH! :[

#16 SotG Caboose

SotG Caboose

TheMasterSnails Pimp!

• Donors+

• 827 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

I have AT&T; it works fine.

#17 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

lol nvm.

Edited by Slidell, 20 August 2009 - 03:57 PM.

#18 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

I have AT&T and it's not to slow, but it's ******* pain when my router shuts off like every 15 minutes

#19 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

Alright so I arrived in my new house around last Saturday/Sunday.

My dad told me that we're getting AT&T internet on Monday.

So on Monday, my internet was supposed to be turn on, but nothing happened, I was really disappointed...the next day, my dad and I went to WalMart and he just randomly buys me an new xbox.

I was really happy and I came home and unboxed it, and I couldn't get on live or check out the new update because my shitty internet wasn't on.

So I just spent my time going to the movies and playing Fallout 3 all day. When my dad came home at 5 he told me a technician is going to come tommorrow from 9-12.

So guess what, the next day I was watching TV right next to my door, and NO ONE knocked on my door AT ALL. Around 12, I get a call from my dad saying that a guy came at 10:51am.

I was really pissed because I was sitting a so close to my door and no one answered, they didn't even ring the ******* doorbell.

Guess what? I get to wait ANOTHER two days for another tech guy to come!

Its now Friday and remember they were supposed to set it up on Monday, so anyways this time the tech actually came. I told him to set it up and in 1 hour I was on xbox live.

Three words...SLOW AS FUCK

My brand new modem started turning off randomly and the new avatar marketplace was just fucking slow.

They promised a 3.0 meg connection was was HALF as slow as my older ISP SuddenLink, so at first I thought it was just the slow speed but it was fucking crazy how slow it was.

So anyways as I said my NEW modem started having problems, the internet light randomly started gong red and then the dsl light started flashing. I was really pissed.

So we get another tech, and he inspects the back of my house. He tells me that a cable was loose and he plugs it back in.

So I get on and the problem is still there. My dad called AT&T and they give him THE MOST RETARDED ANSWER:

WHAT THE FUCK!?! I LIVE IN SHREVEPORT FUCKING LOUISIANA!! THE SECOND BIGGEST CITY IN LA!!

And they tell me that they don't have a "station" close to me?

So the story continues...My 1.5meg connection seemed to fix all of the issues, but not for long.

I was on IBM last night and I was getting pissed because I was trying to finish Dan's P2S promo but after effects was downloading at 10kbs. So I decided to go to make a topic just like this one telling how pissed I am about AT&T.

The second I click on the the make new topic button, this is the message I get:

Posted Image

I love AT&T :)

LOLOWNED!!!!!!

You got pwned. LOL!!!!

Get comcast I have no problems with it at all... btw....

YOU GOT PWNED!!!!!

#20 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

LOLOWNED!!!!!!

You got pwned. LOL!!!!

Get comcast I have no problems with it at all... btw....

YOU GOT PWNED!!!!!

Yeah I know lol. I'm getting comcast this saturday.