• Please log in to reply
    16 replies to this topic

#1 PromotionaL

PromotionaL

Recruit

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

This application is the single most powerful skinning tool currently out for Halo2. All you do is load up the map, click a wall, tree, ceiling, whatever, and then every piece of geometry using that shader will become highlighted in red. More interestingly and more importantly though, the shader editing panel will come up

Here you can, as you can see in the above picture, change the shader being used, change the bitmap(s) that the shader is linked to, and import/export/internalise the currently focused bitmap. Note that any changes made will be saved to the map file immediately, and will also be viewable just as quickly in the viewer.

The Import button is probably one of the best features in this tool, and really sets it apart from other skinning applications. Firstly, it allows for bitmaps that are of different dimensions that the original to be injected (512x512 over a 256x256? No problem ), and secondly it actually allows you to fix the other LOD's of the bitmap tag, if there are any.

Theres more to it as well, so I would definitely consider reading my tutorial on Skinning with Prophet first before using it. Otherwise you might receive some unexpected results :o

Visually speaking there has not been much improvement over what past BSP Viewers have given you. Sorry about that but I'm no pro at DirectX...and I didn't have the time to research the shad, stem, etc. That also means that this application does still rely on tag paths to tell one texture from another...not as much as other viewers do though, but still enough that if you mess them up enough Prophet will read in and display the wrong textures >_< ...but you can go upside down with the camera! What a good trade off eh?

You might also encounter some other weird errors from time to time, for example the viewer goes a bit awry when viewed without shaders loaded. Just take it in you're stride

Control Scheme

Code: Select all
    W - Forward
    S - Backward
    A - Strafe Left
    D - Strafe Right
    Q - Up
    E - Down
    +/- - Increase/Decrease Camera Speed
    Left Mouse Click - Select Shader
    Right Mouse Click + Hold - Rotate Camera

FAQ
    I'll get the most obvious stuff out of the way here, and also add any questions that are posted in this topic to the list if I deem necessary.

Q. I can't see the download.
    A. If you can't see the download at the bottom of this post, then you may not be signed in. If you are signed in...I have no clue

Q. I'm getting errors about .net framework when I try to open/during the course of the application.
    A. You will need to have .net framework 2.0 or higher installed to be able to use this application properly. You can get the latest HERE.

Q. I'm getting DirectX(graphic) related/"system.io.filenotfoundexception" errors when I try to open/during the course of the application.
    A. You will need to have the DirectX9 August 2007 runtime or higher installed to be able to use this application properly. You can get the latest HERE.

Q. I'm getting "Media cannot be found" errors when I try to open/during the course of the application.
    A. make sure the "Media" folder is located right next to the the application, in the same folder.

Q. I'm getting some weird errors with textures being null (completely white..or blue, sometimes).
    A. Go into Preferences -> External Maps, and make sure all three map paths are valid.

The camera seems to be acting very sluggish, as does everything else that requires keyboard/mouse input.
    A. Other applications may be interfering with the MsgProc of the app. I got the same thing when I had a MSN convo. open in the background, minimizing it solved the problem.

I'm using vista and am encountering lots of errors (and none of the above solutions work either).
    The application was not designed for use on vista, sorry. This is the only possible solutions I have found on the matter thus far:

Zone 117 wrote:
    Vista is extremely buggy for Halo modding. Halo 2 modding is not meant for Vista. The only trick to getting an exe to work that doesn't work is right clicking it and disabling desktop composition in the properties. If it doesn't work, then you will just have to install XP or use a computer that has it.

HPDarkness1 wrote:
    Vista users try these steps:

Right Click Prophet Application
    Select properties
    Select the Compatibility tab
    Select Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP 2)
    Under Privilege Level, Check off the box.

Mine runs fine, If this doesn't work try restarting your computer after this.

In closing, there is more that can be added to this application, such as spawn viewing, but that will have to be left for future releases, if there ever are any. We will have to see what happens, what with Halo3 soon to be released an' all.

Specials thanks goes out to Brok3n Halo, and also my Beta testers: Matt, dec123, xzodia, xheadshotmastax, Supermodder911, Dootuz, tftman, -Detox-, kibito87, and whoever else I forgot.

Enjoy.

Attached File  Prophet 1.0new.rar   155.3KB   327 downloads

#2 360

Sergeant Grade 2

• Donors

• 373 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

It's funny how you got this off of Halo Mods and didn't give credit you just took the written text and copied and pasted but you didn't include the images http://www.halomods....hp?f=92&t=69628 if you are going to post something that isn't yours you almost all the time have to give credit or tell everyone it's not yours and it's from another site.

Here is proof you got this off of another site

1. Zone 117 wrote:
    Vista is extremely buggy for Halo modding. Halo 2 modding is not meant for Vista. The only trick to getting an exe to work that doesn't work is right clicking it and disabling desktop composition in the properties. If it doesn't work, then you will just have to install XP or use a computer that has it.[/b
    ] I don't think he is a member of this site.

2. HPDarkness1 wrote:

Select properties

In closing, there is more that can be added to this application, such as spawn viewing, but that will have to be left for future releases, if there ever are any. We will have to see what happens, what with Halo3 soon to be released an' all. I don't think he is a member of this site either,not sure though.

There is the proof of you getting this off of another site and not giving credit.

3 things total

Next time,please give credit to the person that made it or at least say you got it off of another site before you post something. [b]You copied and pasted the special thanks to the members on the other site that made this but maybe next time in the topic description at least say something like this is from halo mods or something.

#3 BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 80 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

Here is a picture of it in action!

Posted Image

#4 360

Sergeant Grade 2

• Donors

• 373 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

Cool I guess. But no one really plays halo 2 that much.

#5 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

If this had been out 3 years ago and he had sold it instead this guy could have been rich

#6 360

Sergeant Grade 2

• Donors

• 373 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

If this had been out 3 years ago and he had sold it instead this guy could have been rich

Yea but it sucks how we got so far into halo 2 modding and modding programs are still coming out today when only like 1,000 people play halo 2. We have found a way to not get kicked out of h2 matchmaking when we mod, and we can bridge, and auto team standby in halo 2 and get host like everytime without even forcing host. Now bungie ****** up halo 3 to where we can't mod in matchmaking, Hard as hell to bridge and get host, and auto team standby. I hate halo 3 modding because you really can't do anything. We can do almost anything in halo 2 without dev kits, and in halo 3 even with a dev kit, It seems like we could only do half of the things we could do that we did with halo 2 modding. If there is another game like halo 3, You already know bungie will find a way to block even more shit to where we might not even be able to mod, even with a dev kit, maybe. That's why we all hate bungie. But yet people continue to play halo 3 when I don't really even play much anymore. One thing I don't get is why antony or anyone else with a dev kit can't mod halo 3 matchmaking. Im sure it's possible but bungie has their way of finding out what we are doing, They banned people and still do for people that put modded content on their fileshare. They even on some content like certain modded screenshots, It won't even allow you to upload it. If you try it to many times and it won't let you upload something, Then they ban you forever. Im probably not even going to consider buying another halo game, Simply because it's not fun to me unless I can fid some way of cheating in that game, lol. Im sure a lot of other people think the same way. That's why I hate halo 3 modding. :)

#7 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

Way more that 1,000. Also this tool has been out for some time, it was only just posted here. More reasons why you are an idiot.

#8 360

Sergeant Grade 2

• Donors

• 373 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Way more that 1,000. Also this tool has been out for some time, it was only just posted here. More reasons why you are an idiot.

Proper grammar please bitch.

#9 jrjonanddad1

jrjonanddad1

Private

• Members+

• 36 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

i think this is infected......

#10 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:01 AM

Expired certificate, which then falsifies as a virus.

I uploaded a new copy that has a new one.

#11 ATTIKIT

ATTIKIT

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 80 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Yea but it sucks how we got so far into halo 2 modding and modding programs are still coming out today when only like 1,000 people play halo 2. We have found a way to not get kicked out of h2 matchmaking when we mod, and we can bridge, and auto team standby in halo 2 and get host like everytime without even forcing host. Now bungie ****** up halo 3 to where we can't mod in matchmaking, Hard as hell to bridge and get host, and auto team standby. I hate halo 3 modding because you really can't do anything. We can do almost anything in halo 2 without dev kits, and in halo 3 even with a dev kit, It seems like we could only do half of the things we could do that we did with halo 2 modding. If there is another game like halo 3, You already know bungie will find a way to block even more shit to where we might not even be able to mod, even with a dev kit, maybe. That's why we all hate bungie. But yet people continue to play halo 3 when I don't really even play much anymore. One thing I don't get is why antony or anyone else with a dev kit can't mod halo 3 matchmaking. Im sure it's possible but bungie has their way of finding out what we are doing, They banned people and still do for people that put modded content on their fileshare. They even on some content like certain modded screenshots, It won't even allow you to upload it. If you try it to many times and it won't let you upload something, Then they ban you forever. Im probably not even going to consider buying another halo game, Simply because it's not fun to me unless I can fid some way of cheating in that game, lol. Im sure a lot of other people think the same way. That's why I hate halo 3 modding. :)

No offence but one BNG did not **** up halo 3 because your ass can not mod Matchmaking I dont understand you im sorry but When people like you modded matchmaking it made BNG pissed and they made it impossible to resign Halo 3 .maps on a retail not J-tag so srry but go **** yourself...

#12 WearingJOK3R

WearingJOK3R

Private

• Members+

• 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:06 AM

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-???. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .??-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:?. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .??~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ?~,_. . . ..??~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .?=,_. . . .??-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~?; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .?=-._. . .??;,,./`. . /? . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..??~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-?
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

#13 DrXThirst

DrXThirst

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

For all of the people who are trying to run this application and cannot find the link to the newest DirectX, you can install [THIS] to update your computer to the newest version of DirectX.

#14 metalhead

metalhead

Recruit

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

This application is the single most powerful skinning tool currently out for Halo2. All you do is load up the map, click a wall, tree, ceiling, whatever, and then every piece of geometry using that shader will become highlighted in red. More interestingly and more importantly though, the shader editing panel will come up

Here you can, as you can see in the above picture, change the shader being used, change the bitmap(s) that the shader is linked to, and import/export/internalise the currently focused bitmap. Note that any changes made will be saved to the map file immediately, and will also be viewable just as quickly in the viewer.

The Import button is probably one of the best features in this tool, and really sets it apart from other skinning applications. Firstly, it allows for bitmaps that are of different dimensions that the original to be injected (512x512 over a 256x256? No problem ), and secondly it actually allows you to fix the other LOD's of the bitmap tag, if there are any.

Theres more to it as well, so I would definitely consider reading my tutorial on Skinning with Prophet first before using it. Otherwise you might receive some unexpected results :o

Visually speaking there has not been much improvement over what past BSP Viewers have given you. Sorry about that but I'm no pro at DirectX...and I didn't have the time to research the shad, stem, etc. That also means that this application does still rely on tag paths to tell one texture from another...not as much as other viewers do though, but still enough that if you mess them up enough Prophet will read in and display the wrong textures >_< ...but you can go upside down with the camera! What a good trade off eh?

You might also encounter some other weird errors from time to time, for example the viewer goes a bit awry when viewed without shaders loaded. Just take it in you're stride

Control Scheme

Code: Select all
    W - Forward
    S - Backward
    A - Strafe Left
    D - Strafe Right
    Q - Up
    E - Down
    +/- - Increase/Decrease Camera Speed
    Left Mouse Click - Select Shader
    Right Mouse Click + Hold - Rotate Camera

FAQ
    I'll get the most obvious stuff out of the way here, and also add any questions that are posted in this topic to the list if I deem necessary.

Q. I can't see the download.
    A. If you can't see the download at the bottom of this post, then you may not be signed in. If you are signed in...I have no clue

Q. I'm getting errors about .net framework when I try to open/during the course of the application.
    A. You will need to have .net framework 2.0 or higher installed to be able to use this application properly. You can get the latest HERE.

Q. I'm getting DirectX(graphic) related/"system.io.filenotfoundexception" errors when I try to open/during the course of the application.
    A. You will need to have the DirectX9 August 2007 runtime or higher installed to be able to use this application properly. You can get the latest HERE.

Q. I'm getting "Media cannot be found" errors when I try to open/during the course of the application.
    A. make sure the "Media" folder is located right next to the the application, in the same folder.

Q. I'm getting some weird errors with textures being null (completely white..or blue, sometimes).
    A. Go into Preferences -> External Maps, and make sure all three map paths are valid.

The camera seems to be acting very sluggish, as does everything else that requires keyboard/mouse input.
    A. Other applications may be interfering with the MsgProc of the app. I got the same thing when I had a MSN convo. open in the background, minimizing it solved the problem.

I'm using vista and am encountering lots of errors (and none of the above solutions work either).
    The application was not designed for use on vista, sorry. This is the only possible solutions I have found on the matter thus far:

Zone 117 wrote:
    Vista is extremely buggy for Halo modding. Halo 2 modding is not meant for Vista. The only trick to getting an exe to work that doesn't work is right clicking it and disabling desktop composition in the properties. If it doesn't work, then you will just have to install XP or use a computer that has it.

HPDarkness1 wrote:

Select properties

In closing, there is more that can be added to this application, such as spawn viewing, but that will have to be left for future releases, if there ever are any. We will have to see what happens, what with Halo3 soon to be released an' all.

Specials thanks goes out to Brok3n Halo, and also my Beta testers: Matt, dec123, xzodia, xheadshotmastax, Supermodder911, Dootuz, tftman, -Detox-, kibito87, and whoever else I forgot.

Enjoy.

Attached File  Prophet 1.0new.rar   155.3KB   327 downloads

i downloaded it and tried to open it and it gave me an error, none of the isted above errors, just that it couldn't run... also i'm using win 7 as my os, but my bro has the same problem on winXP, how do we fix this?

#15 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

i downloaded it and tried to open it and it gave me an error, none of the isted above errors, just that it couldn't run... also i'm using win 7 as my os, but my bro has the same problem on winXP, how do we fix this?

Please do not quote whole posts.
    And we need to know what the error is before we can help you.

#16 metalhead

metalhead

Recruit

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

Please do not quote whole posts.
    And we need to know what the error is before we can help you.

ok sorry, well i think i found out what it is, i think it's just the directx error but win7 doesn't come right out and tell you what the problem is, but i dont think my computer is good enough to run the program to begin with...

#17 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

ok sorry, well i think i found out what it is, i think it's just the directx error but win7 doesn't come right out and tell you what the problem is, but i dont think my computer is good enough to run the program to begin with...

You can try updating your DirectX, but I'm not sure if that will help.
    http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en