• Please log in to reply
    21 replies to this topic

#1 yellowyoiker

yellowyoiker

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

Hey everyone, How much would you pay for recon on an account?
    I have heard that when odst comes out that they are going to give everyone that currently has recon a different kind of armor, so just for the sake of the possibility of that

Name your price you would pay for a recon account:
    Name your price you would par for a recon account that would end up getting a special armor after odst came out:

Also, just a random question, but has anyone that ever knew ANYTHING about modding actually obtained a recon account and actually done research on it? (Not through a dev kit)

#2 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:32 AM

No modders have ever been given a retail account with halo 3 recon, which is why no one can mod it on a retail, there is insufficient research to move that far. They could probably figure it out without the account, but would take a bit longer.

I wouldn't pay anything for recon, or an account with recon. It's just armor... I can live with the Mark V helmet, and Security Shoulders. That's all I need.

#3 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+

• 927 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

No offence, but the armour looks like it went up shit creek without a paddle!

It looks horrible, in other words.

Even if I did end up with it, I would never wear it. And I'm not going to pay money for something that I'd never use.

And I'm pretty sure you get recon when you unlock all the Vidmaster achievements for Halo 3...

#4 yellowyoiker

yellowyoiker

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

No offence, but the armour looks like it went up shit creek without a paddle!

It looks horrible, in other words.

Even if I did end up with it, I would never wear it. And I'm not going to pay money for something that I'd never use.

And I'm pretty sure you get recon when you unlock all the Vidmaster achievements for Halo 3...

Yes I know that the Vidmaster achevements will end up giving you recon, but my point is that they probally are not going to screw over all the people that have earned the armor, and I have heard rumors going around about bungie giving something to them in return. And also, the only anyone even wants recon in the first place is because very few people have it. I know it sounds like you have told yourself that you wouldn't even wear it even if you did get it but I bet some part of you wants it just because very few people have it.

#5 robert_hehn

robert_hehn

Private Grade 2

• Donors+

• 164 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:29 AM

$1.97 + tax

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:39 AM

If Recon was still Recon back when 2 people had it. I would of payed 5 bucks, except knowing now that almost 800 people have it and soon much more will. I see no point.

#7 gatienthe

gatienthe

Private

• Members+

• 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

I already have recon so :coffee:

#8 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

People who currently have recon, doesn't get a new armor when ODST comes out. They were bullshitting you.

#9 gatienthe

gatienthe

Private

• Members+

• 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image

#10 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

Wow, seriously who would actually pay for recon when ODST is coming out in a couple months.

If you can't wait and want it so bad, then go outside and get a life for the next 2 months or whatever.

But like Peaches said if recon was how it was back before the news of ODST, then I'd give you no more than 10 bucks for it with a silver membership.

#11 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

You would have to pay me for that shit, cause I don't have halo 3 and it would be another thing on my HDD.
    Now if I was able to Project Natal That bitch and make my player look exactly like me... well thats different

#12 XeNoS

XeNoS

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

$4.99

#13 amcboi95

amcboi95

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 150 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

You would have to pay me for that shit, cause I don't have halo 3 and it would be another thing on my HDD.
    Now if I was able to Project Natal That bitch and make my player look exactly like me... well thats different

WIN

#14 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

If you can't wait and want it so bad, then go outside and get a life for the next 2 months or whatever.

Screw that man I have the internet.

I'd pay $0.00.

#15 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Oh and, It's impossible for Bungie to make a new armor and give it to original recon owners anyway, unless they already had this armor since the start of Halo 3 but kept it secret.

Edited by Justrec, 18 July 2009 - 01:39 PM.

#16 yellowyoiker

yellowyoiker

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 56 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

Knowing bungie they might have just done something like that, or it could possibly be the bungie chestplate :D

#17 xchekmanx

xchekmanx

Recruit

• Members

• 0 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hey everyone, How much would you pay for recon on an account?
    I have heard that when odst comes out that they are going to give everyone that currently has recon a different kind of armor, so just for the sake of the possibility of that

Name your price you would pay for a recon account:
    Name your price you would par for a recon account that would end up getting a special armor after odst came out:

Also, just a random question, but has anyone that ever knew ANYTHING about modding actually obtained a recon account and actually done research on it? (Not through a dev kit)

People have gotten recon through non dev kit modding its very hard tho and alot of people get the entire xbox perm banned for doing sutch mods so in the end not really worth it basicly they obtained the odst files used profile tool and in the end gave them selves the newest h3 achievments and the odst ones and got recon

#18 STaRR BoRNN

STaRR BoRNN

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:24 AM

Yes you do get another armor when ODST comes out in september 22nd.I see it in a Bungie.net forum right now.
    And modding you Halo 3 ODST achievements will NOT get you recon, I made an accnt hoping it would but sadly it didn't. :(
    The gamertag is ReCoN4SeLL you can add it and check its achievements and service record.

#19 TheEazyB

TheEazyB

Corporal Grade 1

• Donors+

• 333 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

Really? So along all of the reverse engineering to unlock recon, this other set of armor wasnt discovered? :rofl:

#20 Curtis

Curtis

Captain Grade 1

• Retired Staff

• 1,382 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

wait.

i know how to unlock achievements on my computer... so if i unlock the recon achivements when odst comes out, will i get recon?