halodu03de

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 167 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

Tutorial: How to make almost anything drivable using .Map mods in Halo 3
    By Halodu03de/Halodu0DSTde

Things needed to make it:
    -.Map file of the map you want to edit from http://secure.xboxga...=category&id=19
    (In this tutorial, we will be using the map Warehouse.map(aka Foundry))
    -.Map file editor
    1. Alteration-Download: http://xenon7.net/fi...ration_0052.rar
    (This tutorial uses Alteration, which I recommend over construct.)

Things needed to play it:
    -A Developers kit(Dev, Stress Test Dev, Demo, Test, or Reviewers kit)
    -Xbox 360 Neighborhood
    -Halo 3 Xex 1.0 or 1.2 with checks disabled
    -Some other basic knowledge

1. Open the map file in Alteration and in the list of tags, expand the HLMT tag (This is the object properties).

Posted Image

2. Find where it says "objects\vehicles\warthog\warthog" and click on it to open it up.

Posted Image

3. At the top of the screen right above where it says "warthog.hlmt" click on 'Editors' and select 'Meta Editor'.

Posted Image

4. Now, scroll down until you find where it says 'OBJECTS' in Bold. And right under that, where it says 'Child

Object'. This is where the turret is attached to the warthog.

Posted Image

5. Change it to whatever you want to be driving, I am going to change it to a truck, for example. (you can change it

to anything within the following tags: Scen, Vehi, Weap, Bloc, Dctr, Eqip, Mach, Gint and a few more. So I would

change where it has the dropdown box that says 'Vehi' which is the vehicle tag, to 'Bloc' which is the obstacles tag.

Then I would look around in it until I found the Truck

"objects\levels\dlc\warehouse\truck_cab_large_military\truck_cab_large_military" and change it to that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

6. Now, Click the 'Save' button at the bottom. ONCE YOU HAVE GOTTEN TO THIS POINT, YOU CAN ONLY FINISH THE VEHICLE IF

YOU HAVE A DEVELOPERS KIT TO TEST IT ON, OR ARE MAKING THE SAME VEHICLE AS WE ARE IN THIS TUTORIAL(a drivable truck

on Foundry). Under 'OBJECTS' again, where it says 'Parent Marker', copy the number in the box (For example, the one I

copied is "3.812933E-42", but it is different for every map) to your clipboard (Highlight it and Hold down the 'CTRL'

button and click 'C').

Posted Image

7. Now in the tag list on the left again, expand the 'Mode' tag (This is the Model). Find where it says

"objects\vehicles\warthog\warthog" and click on it. Next, like we did in step 3, Click on 'Editors' right above

'Warthog.mode' and select 'Meta Editor'.

Posted Image

8. Scroll Down to where it says 'MARKERS' in Bold. Next to 'MARKERS' it says '0: markers chunk', click on the drop

down box twice so that '0: markers chunk' is selected in Gold color, but not expanded, and click the down arrow

button to scroll through the chunks (1, 2, 3, etc.) until the number in the box where it says 'Marker Name(SID)'

matches the number you copied to your clipboard EXACTLY (to confirm the number, highlight the number in the 'Marker

Name(SID)' box that you think matches the number on your clipboard, and Hold down CTRL and click 'V'. If the number

doesn't change, you have the right one.) In my example, the chunk is '70: markers chunk' which has the number

'3.812933E-42'.

Posted Image

9. Now, right under where it says 'MARKERS', it says 'INSTANCES' in Bold. This is where the coordinates and rotations

of the warthog's child object(s) are controlled.

Posted Image

10. Using real time halo, or just testing the map over and over again on your developers kit, you need to adjust

these coordinates and rotations to make the vehicle aim in the perfect direction. For the truck, the correct

coordinates and rotations are as follows:

Coordinates:

X: 0
    Y: 0
    Z: 0.017

Rotations:

i: 0
    j: 0
    k: 1

Posted Image

11. Now, Save your changes at the bottom again. Since we have the truck facing the right direction, and at the

perfect height, we need to make the warthog invisible so that all we can see is the truck. In the same tag that we

have been in (warthog.mode), under 'INSTANCES' in Bold it says 'SHADERS'. Now for Each chunk '0: shaders chunk'

through '13:shaders chunk'(14 chunks total), we need to change the tag in the LONG dropdown box to <<NULL>> which is

at the bottom of the list in the LONG dropdown box, So that for all 14 shaders chunks, the LONG dropdown box says

<<NULL>>. Make sure to click Save each time you change one of the boxes in each shaders chunk to <<NULL>>, so you

will end up clicking save 14 times here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

12. Now that we have nulled out the shaders we are almost done. The last things we need to change are the

attachments, widgets, and seating position for when you get into the warthog/truck. In the tag list on the left, go

down until you find the 'Vehi' tag which is Vehicle. Find where it says "objects\vehicles\warthog\warthog", and again

at the top click 'Editors' and select 'Meta Editor'.

Posted Image

13. Scroll down until you find 'ATTACHMENTS' in Bold. Now under 'ATTACHMENTS', where it says 'Attachment', just like

for shaders, go through each attachments chunk (0 though 5) and change the LONG dropdown box in each to <<NULL>>, and

make sure again to hit save for each one. You will end up changing the LONG box to <<NULL>> 6 times and clicking save

6 times.

Posted Image

14. Right under 'ATTACHMENTS', Where it says 'WIDGETS' in Bold, change

"objects\vehicles\warthog\attachments\warthog_antenna" to <<NULL>> and click Save.

Posted Image

15. This step is optional, but I highly recommend it to make it look complete. If you want, you can change the camera

distance from the vehicle for a more broad view of your vehicle while driving. To do this, While still in the

warthog.vehi tag, Find where it says 'CAMERA TRACKS' in Bold and where it says Track right underneath, choose a

different Track (Camera track) from the LONG dropdown box. For the truck I recommend "camera\board_large_camera".

Posted Image

16. Now the last part, seating. In the same tag (warthog.vehi), scroll down to where it says 'SEATS' in Bold. Like we

did in step 6, copy the 'Sitting Position Marker' to your clipboard (For example, the one I copied is "2.729729E-42",

but it is different for every map).

Posted Image

17. Now in the tag list on the left again, expand the 'Mode' tag. Find where it says

"objects\vehicles\warthog\warthog" and click on it. Next, like we did in step 3, Click on 'Editors' right above

'Warthog.mode' and select 'Meta Editor'.

Posted Image

18. Scroll Down to where it says 'MARKERS' in Bold. Next to 'MARKERS' it says '0: markers chunk', click on the drop

down box twice so that '0: markers chunk' is selected in Gold color, but not expanded, and click the down arrow

button to scroll through the chunks (1, 2, 3, etc.) until the number in the box where it says 'Marker Name(SID)'

matches the number you copied to your clipboard EXACTLY (to confirm the number, highlight the number in the 'Marker

Name(SID)' box that you think matches the number on your clipboard, and Hold down CTRL and click 'V'. If the number

doesn't change, you have the right one.) In my example, the chunk is '3: markers chunk' which has the number

'2.729729E-42'.

19. Using real time halo, or just testing the map over and over again on your developers kit, you need to adjust

these coordinates and rotations to make your character sit in the perfect position when it gets inside the vehicle.

For the truck, the correct coordinates and rotations are as follows:

Coordinates:

X: 0.67
    Y: 0.28
    Z: 0.576

Rotations:

i: -0.1
    j: 8E-10
    k: -1.5E-08

20. Now click Save and you're done!

Posted Image

Thanks to DarkShallFall and Detox for the research and program.

Edited by halodu03de, 26 July 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#2 PREPPY DIABLO

PREPPY DIABLO

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 625 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

too bad this crap is only dev/demo/reviewer shit nao

#3 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

Awesome dude, I wish I could mod Halo 3.

+REP

Edited by lostmodz26, 11 July 2009 - 08:12 PM.

#4 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

lol.

#5 ICookModz

ICookModz

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

#6 M1992 is BEAST

M1992 is BEAST

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

"omg i wish i had a xedk xenon dev xdk 360 kit to mod/hack halo3, if only i knew how to use 1" -V***car lololololololololololol hahahahahahahah LMFAO WHAT A F***ing noob

#7 JIME108

JIME108

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 177 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

If anyone, probably not, but go to the Warthog.mode tag and use these coordinates if you are using a Fork Lift:

Marker: [3: markers chunk]
    Instance: [0]
    X: -0.5
    Y: -0.5
    Z: 0.15
    i: -9E-10
    j: 8E-10
    k: -1.5E-08
    w: -1
    Marker: [70: markers chunk]
    Instance: [0]
    X: 0.1
    Y: 0
    Z: -0.5
    i: 0
    j: 0
    k: -1
    w: -1

That should sit it perfectly.

#8 gatienthe

gatienthe

Private

• Members+

• 43 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:27 AM

Jime is not sitting on the forklift lol

Use this for forklift :
    X :-0.1161996
    Y :-0.1586443
    z: 0.1580341
    i : -1.121E-07
    j :9.52E-08
    k :-3.3E-09
    w : -1

Posted Image

#9 JIME108

JIME108

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 177 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:15 AM

Jime is not sitting on the forklift lol

What? No Im not sitting on the Forklift....
    It works fine for me: (This was taken back in January, so no lights >.<)
    Posted Image

#10 gatienthe

gatienthe

Private

• Members+

• 43 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

Send me the patch xD

#11 fastmouth808

fastmouth808

Corporal Grade 2

• Donors

• 231 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

good tut. to bad i dont have a dev :(

#12 JIME108

JIME108

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 177 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Send me the patch xD

Why? The tutorial is right above...

#13 deadcanadian

deadcanadian

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

hey halodude, do you think you can put the co-ordinates for where to move the lights

#14 JIME108

JIME108

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 177 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

hey halodude, do you think you can put the co-ordinates for where to move the lights

Just open Alteration (Meta Grid), find the SID for the lights in the [vehi] tag under [Attachments] (Look through the chunks).
    Once you found the SID your looking for look for the same SID in the [mode] tag under [Markers] (Look through the chunks).
    There you should have the Coordinates of the lights etc.

Edited by JIME108, 12 July 2009 - 10:21 PM.

#15 deadcanadian

deadcanadian

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

Just open Alteration (Meta Grid), find the SID for the lights in the [vehi] tag under [Attachments] (Look through the chunks).
    Once you found the SID your looking for look for the same SID in the [mode] tag under [Markers] (Look through the chunks).
    There you should have the Coordinates of the lights etc.

that would only be the warthogs placement. i want to know where to move them so the truck has lights.

#16 halodu03de

halodu03de

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 167 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

that would only be the warthogs placement. i want to know where to move them so the truck has lights.

Ill add the coords here tommorrow

#17 JIME108

JIME108

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

Well you can't really test the placements seeing you don't have a Kit to RTH.
    If you do as I instructed above you will have the X, Y, Z coord's of the lights, then you must mess with the values to see which fit's the truck.

#18 xX Epsilon Xx

xX Epsilon Xx

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 372 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:37 AM

Resize the Forward unto Dawn in Sandtrap to banshee scale, and drive it.

#19 JIME108

JIME108

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 177 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

Resize the Forward unto Dawn in Sandtrap to banshee scale, and drive it.

Already been done, but it's shit.

#20 Dakode

Dakode

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

I did this when i was modding Halo 3. It wasn't shit, you tard.

Edited by Dakode, 25 July 2009 - 05:09 PM.