• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 subs_55

subs_55

Defender Of Whatever Needs It Most

• VIP

• 505 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

ok, i read fatal's tut on how to hack a psp, and it got me thinking that maybe they found a way to hack the updated psp's. ive looked around and it seams possible but is difficult to find soild and consitant information, it all just a bit different.

okaa, what im getting at is that, can i hack my psp with a 4.05 update, using the pantoras battery and the magic memory card. like in fatal errors tut? and if not what can i do to hack it? all im realling looking to do is download retail games, dl them to the psp, and play them. and homebrew (if that makes sense, idk if there is a difference).

all the info i can get would be great, i want to be pretty sure before i drop money to blow up my psp.

kk thx all.

#2 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

From what i read, you just do the pandoras battery trick to downgrade/mod

#3 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+

• 927 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:04 AM

The pandora battery and magic memory stick works with ALL firmwares for the PSP phat and slim. It will even work with firmwares that are to be released in the future.

Once you've downgraded with the pandora's battery and stuff, just upgrade to whatever custom firmware you want, or stay on 1.5 if you like it :)

And if you're gonna make the pandora's battery (either through hardware or software modification), buy a spare one. There's nothing worse than having a portable gaming device that you can only play when plugged into a charger :D

#4 michael iz pro

michael iz pro

Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 355 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

The pandora battery and magic memory stick works with ALL firmwares for the PSP phat and slim. It will even work with firmwares that are to be released in the future.

Once you've downgraded with the pandora's battery and stuff, just upgrade to whatever custom firmware you want, or stay on 1.5 if you like it :)

And if you're gonna make the pandora's battery (either through hardware or software modification), buy a spare one. There's nothing worse than having a portable gaming device that you can only play when plugged into a charger :D

Nope Your Wrong it doesnt when you put a Pandora Battery in a 3000 series or a 2000 series with a 3000 Motherboard some type of new security prevents it normally u put the battery in and you get an auto on well with this it dont Add me on Msn i will do it for u over team viewer look at ma sig ha ha ha and it suppose to be kid-hitman@hotmail.co.uk

#5 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+

• 927 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

Nope Your Wrong it doesnt when you put a Pandora Battery in a 3000 series or a 2000 series with a 3000 Motherboard some type of new security prevents it normally u put the battery in and you get an auto on well with this it dont Add me on Msn i will do it for u over team viewer look at ma sig ha ha ha and it suppose to be kid-hitman@hotmail.co.uk

At what point did I say that it would work in a 3000 series?

Retract that statement. I am never wrong! :D

You are getting confused between firmwares and PSP models.

You can't affect the hardware with a firmware update, and the pandora battery is hardware-dependant, not software-dependant. Which is why they can't make a firmware update to stop it working. :)

And when you say "a 2000 series with a 3000 Motherboard", I think you're getting confused with the TA-082 mobo. And that just ended up in a brick if you tried to downgrade with certain exploit downgrades (like the GTA:LCS exploit and the TIFF overflow exploit). It does not prevent a pandora battery downgrade. :p

And if you still haven't downgraded it, subs+55, you may want to tell us what type of PSP you are attempting to downgrade...

If it's a 1000 or 2000, you're fine. But if it's a 3000, it's not gonna work yet.