•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Installing MAC OS X Tiger, on any computer.

• Please log in to reply
    7 replies to this topic

#1 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

First off.

-Find the torrents online, there are no links, since there frequently updates and rewritten. Just search iATKOS on a torrent site, it will come up.
    -Use the Md5hash, people bug and virus most the downloads, make sure to check the md5 hash towards what is below.
    -Don't install this to your current harddrive, use another one. Take an old xbox harddrive, unlock it, then use that one.
    -If you like it so much, go buy one. Apple needs it

Lets start off

Requirements
    -Get .iso downloaded from torrent
    -check with md5 hash tool
    -find blank harddrive
    -FULLY UNPLUG your main harddrive and keep the new one in its place, to prevent accidentally deletion of drives.

Noob Alert
    If you cannot take apart your computer and swap Harddrives, then this is NOT for you.
    Also, if you do not know what SATA or IDE is, then forget about this tutorial.
    Also, if you do not know your computer specs, find those out, as installing the features in the procedure is necessary

Attention:

1- This DVD is designed for Intel architectures.

2-This DVD includes Apple's brand new OS Leopard 10.5.1 (9B18) which isbeing improved continuously. This system runs nice as we tested butmany kind of stability problems on your various hardware are possible.Please report to us, your feedbacks are important for this project.

For your installation to succeed, please regard to following information:

1- Make sure that the md5 of the iso image that youdownloaded matches the one that I posted below. Otherwise you have afaulty DVD. Use quality media/burner and burn slowly.

2- Please read the descriptions of the packages carefully.

3- Select SSE2/SSE3 kernel for non-Intel motherboards.

4- Intel Core Proccessors have appropriate SpeedStep Technology whichis stable in OS X. If you have such processor, you can enableThrottling feature using the "SpeedStep" package which u can find underDrivers section. You can not use this feature if you selected originalkernel.

5- This release includes EFI emulation boot. Intel Core CPUs can usestock kernel and stock ACPIPlatform kernel extension with EFIemulation. This increases stability and performance (especially hddperformance by %50 on Leopard).

md5 of iATKOS_v1.0i.iso: 166c9e104115ac7e6d6ee0a634b91471

md5 of iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso: 7c63eed3dfb5d17256fc5fd3a16efed1

Installation:

1- Run Disk Utility via Utilities menu and erase the target partitionfor clean install. Do partitioning if you need to, but be sure toselect MBR type partition map, not GUID (GPT) or Apple Partition sheme.(We advice you to do the partitioning via Gparted live cd)

2- For v1.0i, Run Darwin Boot and follow the instructions to installDarwin Boot to your target partition. In this section you will decideto use EFI emulation or not.

3- Select the destination for installation.

4- Click customize and select needed packages from menu. For v1.0ir2you will also select x86 or efi emu. bootloader here in this section.

5- Click Install.

Install time is about 20 minutes.

There are problems that are releated to Leoparditself and some will be releated to release of course, so think twicebefore asking or reporting anything..

I don't want complains, just report the problems please.

Known Issues:

1- The DVD has no integrated procedure for multi-booting. Whilepreparing dual-boot systems or such, you might need additional stepsfor your OS' to boot and function properly. We recommend Gparted LiveCD for such operations. You may easily find tutorials about multi-bootsystems on the web.

2- If you do partitioning with diskutil then be sure mbr partition typeis selected, otherwise you can not boot from that hd by bios. If you dopartitioning with diskutil while having another partitions in disk,they all can be unusable. Because of all these we advice Gparted livecd for partitioning and diskutil only for erasing.

3- Jmicron IDE controllers are known to have issues with OS X.

4- OS X have major problems with ATI X200 chipset.

5- nVidia 8xxx cards are known not to work on OS X except some models(8800, 8600). It seems that most of them will work in near future.

6- This dvd may not include all the necessary drivers required by yoursetup. Additional steps may be needed to be taken by the user to setupand use such components.

Unsuccessful Installation and Related Symptoms:

1- I get a blinking Cursor after Installation:

--> Your partition that OSX is instaled is not active and containing no Boot Flag.
    ~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition.

--> Your partition table type should be other than MBR (Apple type or guid)
    ~ Use Gparted Live cd for partitioning and set disk type to msdos or choose MBR type when partitioning with diskutil.

--> You might be using some Jmicron or such controller that is not supported.
    ~ Try using other controllers.

2- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" after installation.

--> Your partition that OSX is instaled is not active and containing no Boot Flag.
    ~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition.

--> You might be using some Jmicron or such controller that is not supported.
    ~ Try using other controllers.

3- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" while booting the DVD

--> You are probably trying to boot from damn jmicron ide.
    ~ You should use usb dvd rom drive, or need sata-ide convertor for your dvd rom drive. (See Known Issues #2)

Good luck, if you enjoy your Mac OS X86 Leopard System, buy a real Mac Posted Image

Brought to you by OSX86.TÃ?Æ?Ã?¼rk team

iATKOS_v1.0i.iso and iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso are the Leopard releases of the team.

you can get iATKOS_v1.0i.iso DVD image by usual way, follow by irc.

iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso which is revision of 1.0i has not been released asdvd image yet, we have a ppf patch for 1.0i image that converts it to1.0ir2.
    1.0i to 1.0ir2 patch: click to download

changelog for 1.0i to 1.0ir2:

- Intel sse2/sse3 cpu support, this should also solve the instant reboot problems on non-Intel motherboards
    - extended x3100 support
    - more jmicron and one ich9r id added
    - darwin bootloader installation automatized, special thanks to Denseabout his works and pointing the key on automatizing the Darwinbootloader installation..
    - realtek 8139 added
    - ntfs-3g deleted..

iBotModz takes no credit for this, help these guys out by donating at their site here

http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/

and iATKOS.com which will be up soon.

#2 mangriff32

mangriff32

Sergeant Grade 3

• VIP

• 486 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for this.

#3 Sassy Pants Editor

Sassy Pants Editor

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

lol, its illegal copying the files.
    You break the Apple Eula because they strictly say that you can only run OSX on an APPLE LABELED COMPUTER.

#4 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

Thats why the the tutorial says clearly, its illegal unless you own a copy of any apple computer.

#5 ilovegurls

ilovegurls

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 117 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

Cool tut. Gonna try it if I ever need Tiger.

#6 uhc0mods

uhc0mods

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

dont install sorry mac is useless with out the apple computer

#7 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

Mac is useless full stop.

Edited by SmokiestGrunl, 17 October 2008 - 12:09 AM.

#8 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

think i mite do this on my other comp :):)