• Please log in to reply
    63 replies to this topic

#21 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

Ok thanks man,I'll add it to the top if you do.

#22 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

Got this from the site-

Broken Steel Arrives May 5th

Fallout 3â??s third DLC, Broken Steel, will arrive on Games for Windows LIVE and Xbox LIVE on May 5th. Go here to view screenshots.

New Super Muties
    Posted Image

Description:

Continue your existing Fallout 3 game and finish the fight against the Enclave remnants alongside Liberty Prime. Broken Steel moves the level cap for your character from 20 to 30, allowing you to experience even more of the game, including new perks and achievements.
    Story:

You may have dealt the Enclave a serious blow at Project Purity, but their forces are still out there, and still pose a grave threat to the people and security of the Capital Wasteland. In Broken Steel, youâ??ll continue your current Fallout 3 character past the events of Project Purity, and work with the Brotherhood of Steel to eradicate the Enclave threat once and for all. Travel to new locations like the Olney Powerworks, wield destructive new weapons like the Tesla Cannon, and fight powerful new creatures like the Super Mutant Overlord.
    Key Features:

* Battle your way to level 30, with all new perks and achievements to unlock along the way!
    * Extends the Main Quest, allowing you to continue playing your existing character and find out what happens next in the Capital Wasteland.
    * Acquire new high powered Enclave Technology, including a new devastating flamethrower, the Heavy Incinerator.
    * Tougher foes await in life beyond level 20, including new enemies like the Super Mutant Overlord.
    * Your decisions will inalterably affect the outcome of the Wastelandâ??s survivors.

http://fallout.beths...bid=iWdpW79BZwd

Edited by DarkRuler, 24 April 2009 - 02:20 PM.

#23 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

I have most of that but there is some not there thanks.

#24 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

I have most of that but there is some not there thanks.

yeah, I know, but I just saw some missing info so I just copied the entire thing, and here's brand new info-

From Gamespy

I've played a ton of Fallout 3 since its release last year (I'm pretty sure the scientific term is actually a "shitload"), both the main game and each of its DLC packs. While Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt were both well-received by critics and fans alike, many Fallout 3 fanatics have been waiting for the release of Fallout 3: Broken Steel to finish the main game's storyline and take a whack at the rest of the DLC. This is largely due to the fact that Broken Steel will remove not only the game's level cap, but also get rid of the current endgame.

Until this week that was all I really knew about this third and possibly final DLC pack, which is currently slated for a May 5th release on the Xbox 360 and PC. But yesterday I attended Bethesda's press event in London, where journalists from around the world were finally given a first look at Broken Steel. While to the uninitiated it might just look like more Fallout 3, there were a number of things that immediately stood out to yours truly.

Home Sweet Home

While The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage both took place outside of the Capital Wasteland, the entirety of Broken Steel unfolds in various locales around the world map. After waking up in The Citadel nearly two weeks after the events that originally marked the end of the game (all we'll say about that is that you can now send some companions into the reactor instead of doing it yourself), you'll be able to head right out and return to doing whatever it was your character did in his or her spare time, be it completing side missions or just terrorizing the local populace of ghouls and raiders.

Posted Image
    Project Purity achieves its ultimate goal: a really fun water slide.

If you visit the location of Project Purity, you'll now notice clean water flowing from the pipes, and a quick trip inside will prove that, despite the fact that you've changed the future of the region, things still aren't perfect. You'll be able to take some side missions that involve actually getting said water to the denizens of the Wasteland, but this isn't the main quest of Broken Steel.

No, the main quest revolves around the ever-escalating war between The Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel, a struggle that the Brotherhood wants to end decisively. You'll be tasked with infiltrating an electrical substation of some type, where you'll need to find a tesla coil to build a new super-weapon called a Tesla Cannon. The Brotherhood believes that this is the key to victory, and finding it will allow you to launch into the second part of the quest: finding the last Enclave stronghold.

It turns out that said stronghold is actually [possible spoiler alert] in the remains of Adams Air Force base, a new location in the existing world (it's located in the southwest corner of the map). The base offers up some of the toughest combat scenarios I've seen in my entire run of Fallout 3.

More good news: Beating Broken Steel still won't end the game. You bitched and moaned, Bethesda listened!

Now With 30% More Evil

One of the first things I noticed about Broken Steel is the fact that it will feature a bunch of new enemies, provided your character is above level 18. The Feral Ghoul Reavers are similar to their creepy cousins, but they pack quite a bit more punch, tossing grenades with reckless abandon, safe in the knowledge that they're covered with heavy body armor. Speaking of armor, the new Enclave Hellfire Troopers that you'll encounter in the military base are wearing some stylish new gear, as well as sporting a badass new weapon that we'll talk about later. Finally there are the new Supermutant Overlords, which I unfortunately didn't get to see. I only pray they're tougher than the Supermutant Behemoths that I was taking out with ease by the end of the main game. Those guys were wusses.

Packin' Heat

In each of the DLC packs players have gotten to play around with some new weaponry. That's again the case here, but nothing I've seen so far could prepare me for the awesome might of the Tesla Cannon. This heavy weapon looks like a missile launcher at first glance, but instead of a projectile it fires bolts of electricity that can decimate even the game's toughest enemies with a single shot. Seriously, this bad boy can even blow a Vertibird out of the sky before it can drop off Enclave troops. Simply awesome. There's also a Hellfire weapon that fires flame-based projectiles, but I was too busy drooling over the Tesla Cannon to even bother checking out that one.

Posted Image
    You can take an optional summer job with the Enclave and hose off their ships.

Awwww, Wookit the Mangy Wittle Puppy!

As you'll finally be able to progress past the current cap at level 20 to level 30, the folks at Bethesda were kind enough to add some new Perks for players to enjoy. Unfortunately, VP of Marketing Pete Hines only mentioned one during his presentation, but it sounds like a great one. If you've got Dogmeat in your party, you'll be able to activate the Puppies! perk, which will "reincarnate" your canine companion as a puppy if he perishes in battle. We didn't get to see this happen, but we were told that Dogmeat Jr. (who I'm sure is adorable) will meet you at a certain location and will continue to come back from the dead over and over again.

Personally I'm hoping there's also a Fawkes-based perk that allows the brainy Brute to read aloud to you as you traverse the Wasteland.

It's a Long Way to the Top...

For most Fallout 3 fans the new level cap will really be Broken Steel's selling point. As I mentioned, you'll now be able to go all the way up to level 30, picking up new perks along the way. After the DLC was announced, a lot of people didn't even bother finishing the game once they hit level 20, and it looks like they may have had the right idea. You're going to need whatever experience points you can get, as the developers have made it very difficult to max out your character, as the points you need to level up increase dramatically as you get closer to 30. Hines didn't mention a specific amount of time except to say, "It'll take a long time." I'm hopeful that one of the new achievements (yes, Broken Steel will have them, too) revolves around hitting level 30 with good, evil, and neutral alignments. I'm going to win the race to be the first to get that one!

Well folks, I hope this helps you prepare for Fallout 3: Broken Steel, and has possibly even convinced you to start a new game over from scratch after it's released. As someone who basically flushed thousands of experience points down the toilet after hitting level 20, I'm certainly considering it. Level 30, here I come!

(I even took the time to make the original links that were clickable, clickable. and the images are too!)

#25 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

EXCLUSIVE Broken Steel video

http://g4tv.com/thep...el-Preview.html

#26 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Added that video to the top,thanks.

#27 Metalocalypse

Metalocalypse

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

Old Olney is a location in Fallout 3 surrounded by deathclaws, so I'm sure that Olney Powerworks is located around that location. I just hope they are not trying to turn Fallout 3 into an action game again and they allow more adventure to take place. Also, that laser gun looks kick ass...when I get it, I am going to pretend I am shoop da woop and I'll be firin' mai lazor at any unlucky soul that pisses me off.

Edited by Metalocalypse, 25 April 2009 - 09:54 AM.

#28 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:45 AM

No this will be more of an extension of the MQ.

Oh,and I added a new bit of info just a new announced gun,no pic no info except the name.

Edited by GMOF Slidell♥, 26 April 2009 - 01:48 AM.

#29 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

Update,added a new Xplay video (I couldn't watch the first but from the pic the quality looked bad)

Added a GameTrailers video.

Added a Pic of Olney Powerworks.

#30 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Nice update Slidell

#31 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:22 AM

Update,there are pics of the Tri Beam laser and new Achievements.

#32 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

Dude this thing keeps looking cooler and it's even cooler because one of the Paladins is named after me lol.

#33 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

Dude this thing keeps looking cooler and it's even cooler because one of the Paladins is named after me lol.

Witch one Tristen,oh that other ones a scribe nvm.

#34 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

Yep it's Tristan. Lol the scribe has a really weird name.

#35 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Update pic of Farrel ghoul reaver,a pic of fighting at Adams Air Force Base,a new enemy and some more info on the presidential metro line.

#36 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

Update a trailer.

#37 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

TRIPLE POST FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update spoilers added read at your own risk,I'll add more as I get further.

#38 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:42 PM

Still, the release date breaks my steel, but this looks soo awesome!

#39 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Quinn it's out the release date was wrong.

#40 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:12 PM

It's out! You mean like right now?!?!?!