8 replies to this topic

#1 BTKC124

BTKC124

Rob

• Donors

• 618 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

Halo Wars Ranks and Skill Levels Explained

Halo Wars has a couple different ways of tracking our players history from matchmade, public games. Some we use primarily to get you good games, others are more oriented to helping players rank themselves against the community. Lets go through each of them:

Player Trueskillâ?¢
    This is the standard Xbox LIVE Trueskillâ?¢ tracking value that rates players to help match them in competitive games. We use this only for matchmaking and we use it for all matchmade games. We track a separate Trueskillâ?¢ value for each of the different Halo Wars hoppers you can play in. So you if are great at 1v1 Standard but just getting started playing 2v2 Deathmatch games - then you will be matched with similar skill level opponents in those different games. Also for team games, we average your skill with everyone else on your team - so you don't have to worry about the skill level of the party host versus everyone else on the team - everyone's skill is taken into account. These Trueskillâ?¢ levels are meant only to help get our players the best matched game for all our different hoppers - but if you are ever curious about your level, you can always check it out under Multiplayer | Leaderboards. Select a Leaderboard Type of "MP Skill" and set the Filter to "Pivot" (that means "Find me in the list!"). You can also see the Trueskillâ?¢ value being used during matchmaking - right after the countdown starts you will see in the middle of the screen "Party TrueSkillâ?¢ Rank X". X will be the Trueskillâ?¢ level averaged for the entire party (if the party is just you, then that is your exact Trueskillâ?¢ level). If you are interested in more detail about how this is calculated, here are the details: TrueSkillâ?¢ Ranking System

Skill Level
    While the Xbox LIVE TrueSkillâ?¢ values are what help us get you good matches for each hopper, we also have our servers track a global skill value for you as well. If you look up on the website, the Player Stats for yourself (or any other player), right under your gamer tag is your Skill Level . That is a value between 1 and 50 for how skilled you are at playing competitive Halo Wars games. We calculate that on the Halo Wars servers with the stats from each matchmade game you play. Note that just like for the Player Trueskillâ?¢, if a player leaves early through any means (turning off the box, exiting the game, resigning, etc ) then the system will count that as a loss.

Score
    Skill level isn't always the best way for tracking a player experience with the game, so we also keep a total running score of all multiplayer, matchmade games you have played. As this global score for a player goes up, we award the players various ranks to reflect their experience with the game. See the Rank section below to see what total score is needed for the various ranks. To find your score (and rank), in game go to the multiplayer menu and select Service Record | Skirmish. Note that one of the best ways to boost your score per game is to complete the game (as opposed to resigning or disconnecting). While you get a 40% bonus if you win, you also get a 20% bonus if you just complete the game. On team games if you are defeated, the award happens right then - not at the end of the game - so you don't need to wait around in that game unless you want to watch the action.

Rank Rank | Score Needed
    Recruit Play | 1 Game
    Lieutenant | 80,000
    Captain | 200,000
    Major | 400,000
    Commander | 800,000
    Colonel | 1,600,000
    Brigadier | 2,400,000
    General | 3,200,000

by Aloysius
    http://www.halowars....-Explained.aspx

#2 XeNoS

XeNoS

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

Thanks BTKC124 :good:

#3 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

3 mil games to be a General = gotta have no lfe

#4 lekgolocrap

lekgolocrap

Private

• Members+

• 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

3 mil games to be a General = gotta have no lfe

he means the score not games
    only recruit u play 1 game but the rest of the rankings it's ur total score

#5 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

he means the score not games
    only recruit u play 1 game but the rest of the rankings it's ur total score

to be a general you need 960,000 points now

not 3 mil

#6 Sphere

Sphere

Corporal Grade 1

• VIP

• 103 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:04 AM

I thought it is 1,000,000 xp to be a General. Because I'm a Legit General at Halo Wars and I think I got to General at 1 Million xp.

#7 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:44 PM

lol, just realized when I did that post I did a 4 month bump

--------------------------------------

anyways, Ensemble lowered the exp requirement for general twice

you are right though, it was originally 3 mil

but then it got dropped to about 1 mil (maybe 2, I forgot)

and now ist the 960,000 unless Robot Entertainment (company that was formed from Ensemble employees and staff after bankruptcy) lowered it again

I haven't played HW in forever

the game could have been much better and was better in that '07 campaign video of HW

#8 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

No still at 960,000

#9 Sphere

Sphere

Corporal Grade 1

• VIP

• 103 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Oh, then I was wrong then. Haven't checked in a while so maybe thats why.