• Please log in to reply
    45 replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

In this DLC pack, the player will journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. This DLC is possibly based on some sort of conflict, suggested by the directive to "choose your side" in its advertised description. It is speculated that the player may have different karma-oriented methods of participating in the conflict.

During the latest interview with Bethesda, they state that Pittsburgh was not hit directly by an atomic bomb, but the surrounding water still became radiated making the people change in bad ways.

Apparently The Pitt will be accessed via railway, and will probably be loaded as a separate map from the Capital Wasteland. The Lone Wanderer will go there disguised as a slave in order to join, or usurp, a tribe of raiders that have taken over the steel yards there.

History:

Owyn Lyons saved many young children, including Paladin Kodiak, from The Pitt and rid the area of "scum" in the surrounding regions. This was known as Operation "Scourge". The area was at the center of three, flowing irradiated rivers that altered the population of the area. How it altered them is unknown (Possible FEV virus may have turned them into Super Mutants, high radiation may have turned them feral etc.). Though, considering the history surrounding the area, the DLC is most probably set to take place in the Lone Wanderer's time, as a holotape in Rockopolis indicates heavy raider and slaver presence in The Pitt. Todd Howard released on January 30th that "The Pitt" will have four achievements worth 100 points.

From counterfeitculture.com
    Taking place in the remains of Pittsburgh, 300 some odd miles away from the Capital Wasteland, the Pitt will have the Lone Wanderer traveling by railway to either join, usurp, or infiltrate the ranks of raiders and slavers now posted in the steel yard ruins. Radiation has run rampant around the area, creating both ghouls (normal and feral) and super mutants, for three irradiated rivers converge around the town. The presence of super mutants makes one think of the F.E.V, or Forced Evolutionary Virus, and points to a possible Government conspiracy that extends from the Vault experiments.

First mentioned by Paladin Kodiak in the Citadel, after the Great War, Pittsburgh simply became a shithole (wait…that's no different than today). Rape gangs and torture squads were prevalent, encouraging Elder Owyn Lyons to purge the area during his initial recon of the Capital Wasteland and its surrounding areas. Known as “The Scourge,” Elder Lyons led his highly outnumbered squad of power armor clad Paladins over Mount Washington and decimated all that was wrought. As they sifted through the remains, the Brotherhood came upon 20 unmutated children, who where brought back to the Citadel and enlisted into the East Coast Brotherhood of Steel, Paladin Kodiak being one of them. Although the area hasn’t been as dangerous since, raiders and slavers continue to have a strong presence within the Pitt.

One interesting notion about Pittsburgh within the Fallout universe is that it was not hit directly by an atomic bomb.

All in all, The Pitt seems to be shaping up quite well.With its release still over a month away, details have slowly been trickling out, but nothing about added weapons, armor, or perks has been discussed.

________________________________________________________________________________

From Gamespot (I think it's Gameinformers interview.)

Also Dark ruler should be thanked for this,he's the one that told me about the Trog.

GI: What new features/creatures/weapons/locations can players expect to encounter in The Pitt?

Gardiner: Without spoiling everything, The Pitt contains all of the above! There’s an “AutoAxe,” a melee weapon comparable to the ripper but with a huge, serrated rotary blade. There are three new perks including “Auto Axpert,” which will give the player a boost in damage when they’re using the new AutoAxe. Pittsburgh itself is infected with “Trogs,” creatures that were once human but slowly devolved into scampering mutants who fear the light and fight in packs. Many iconic locations in Pittsburgh are modeled in the game; several of our developers are from the city and their first hand knowledge is on full display!

GI: Are there any plans to further expand the level cap with this second expansion? Will there be any new perks or abilities for characters to try out?

Gardiner: The third DLC, Broken Steel, will expand the level cap to 30. As mentioned above, The Pitt will include three unique perks for players to experiment with and discover.

GI: Is there a loose release date plan for when this second expansion will be available? What platforms will the expansion release on?

Gardiner: Currently we’re shooting for a March release for The Pitt. It will be available on Xbox 360 Live and on Games for Windows Live as well.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Four achievements worth 100 points.

The Trog:

Biology

The skin of trogs is a dull yellow/white, as well as their hair, as a result of the loss of melanin. The trade-off is that their skin got a tad thicker, which made them more resilient to cold and hardships. They are, however, very sensitive to sunlight.

History

Before the big war, there were hillbillies. These people lived far away from civilized folk and fended for themselves in the wooded mountains. During the war, a lot of hillbillies decided it might be a good idea to head for the nearest caves and wait out the fiery mushrooms. Since the hillbillies were far removed from a lot of the nuclear blasts and subsequent fallout, especially being holed up in caves, the hillbillies fared pretty well . In fact, the hillbillies took to cave dwelling so well, they made caves their permanent home. Over the course of a couple of centuries, the isolation from the light, combined with ever so slight radiation that drifted over the world and managed to seep into caves, caused the hillbillies to change a bit. So, when some of the hillbillies first ventured out from their cave dwellings after two-hundred years, it came as no surprise that they could not tolerate direct sunlight very well. Smarter folks who saw the hillbillies started referring to them as troglodytes, but since most people of the wasteland were comprised of ignorant twits, the term "trog" became more accepted. Even the hillbillies referred to themselves as trogs

None of this "Info" on the trog is confirmed it came from the Fallout wiki witch any retard with a computer and email can edit.

Auto Axpert is a new perk in the new DLC, The Pitt. It will boost the Lone Wanderer's damage when using the AutoAxe, a new weapon also introduced in the DLC pack.

Fallout 3: The Pitt Hands On at DICE

That one finds himself in the grimy Pitt after completing the shipped title, feels, well, a bit ... unholy. But Hines explains to me you just jump into a save game from before you finish - perhaps even the handy autosave before the ending? - and you're in business. You'll receive a message and an update in your Pip Boy for a quest to help Wernher, and you are off to the lovely and exciting destination of The Pitt.

In chatting with Wernher about the Slavers in The Pitt, he explains he needs you to get inside and find The Cure. This Cure is a remedy for mutation, prized stuff in a post-nuclear apocalyptic world. After strolling through the outskirts of town, which may look familiar to those who've been to Pittsburgh (a few guys on the Bethesda Dev Team are from Pittsburgh), he shows you a group of slaves in the middle of being sold to the Slavers. Wernher suggests donning one of their slave outfits as a way to infiltrate the inner-sanctum of The Pitt. True to the Fallout series, how you get that slave outfit is up to you; kill the slavers and free the slaves, or kill the slaves and loot the corpse, whatever floats your boat.

And that decision is the first clue that the moral choices so basic to Fallout are back in full force with this second piece of DLC (unlike in Operation Anchorage, which was meant to be more of a fun romp, without too much thinking involved). In fact, you've just met Wernher; is this guy even telling you the truth? Who's really behind the whole place? What, exactly, is going on here? Moral ambiguity makes a strong play in The Pitt, which should please fans of Fallout immensely.

Once inside the Slaver encampment, you go looking for Midea, a slave to whom you've been directed by Wernher. She suggests you are going to play a vital role in an uprising against the slavers, but there are a few things to do first. You are sent out into the even grimier, sketchier parts of The Pitt to retrieve steel ingots amongst the Trogs.

The Trogs are a new enemy - once humans, the Trogs have become so mutated and foul, they are hardly human anymore. They crawl around on all fours, skittering in the shadows, until they jump out at you to attack - generally in packs. The effect is a bit creepy, wandering amongst the tattered remains of factories and train yards, and suddenly the animalistic, zombie-like creatures jump from a shadow and begin gnawing on whatever part of your person is most handy to them.

Once you've collected enough ingots, and certainly jumped a couple times from Trog attacks, a return to the Slaver camp will get you some manner of prize. Yes, for you guys who like the loots, you can repeat this over and over and build up an array of goodies, which might be a good idea for the next part of the quest.

Returning to Midea after surviving the ingot run, listen to the slaves wandering around: They're suggesting Ashur's gonna get his someday; there does appear to be a rebellion brewing. Midea's also about to fill you in on your part in all this rebellion brouhaha. There's to be an arena battle and the winner gets an audience with Ashur. The arena battles range from slave v. slave battles, on up to some of the raiders versus, well, you. Feeling up to the challenge?

I was, but at this point, Pete needed to appropriate my controller for some other folks waiting for a turn. So while I was packing up, I asked a bit about the genesis of The Pitt. He said its roots began post-beta. "After a point, you can't add anything else to the game, really, but not everyone on the team has necessarily seen every detail of the game. There are definitely things that people said, 'Oh, it would've been cool to do this!' or 'We need more of that, it's awesome!' That's The Pitt."

Were they able to take into account some of the user feedback for this DLC? "Not really. Not for this one. Broken Steel, the next one, yes. We got a lot of people saying they didn't want the game to end. Bethesda's games are usually still playable after the main storyline is finished, but we were sticking to the Fallout style of game. But people want it, so Broken Steel is ... what happens in the world after the main quest is over. You have to finish the main storyline to play Broken Steel." Not enough for you? Broken Steel also raises the level cap.

So, the first DLC is an adrenaline rush through the Battle of Anchorage and a bit of lore from the Fallout series. The Pitt, the second bit of DLC, is more of the awesomeness you saw in the main release. And down the line is the community requested "What happens after?" Yes, please!

Posted Image

Because this DLC will allow you to interact with Raiders, one of the quests lets you become an undercover slave in order to prove or disprove rumors that the Raider boss has a cure for mutation.

"Thankfully, The Pitt feels exactly like the main game, as you'll be able to level up your character, hack terminals, pick through garbage cans for sustenance, and generally do whatever it is you like to do."

The action actually kicked off at some point after the start of the mission, as I was already on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. A new character named Wernher was helping me to sneak into a slave outpost in order to find a cure for radiation mutation, and he told me that the only way in was to either pretend to be an escaped slave or a slaver that was looking for employment. Either way, I'd be stripped of my weapons and everything in my possession, except for a single pistol or knife that I'd be able to smuggle in (I don't even want to know the specifics of where or how). After crossing a bridge that was peppered with mines, I reached the gate and tried to talk my way in as a fellow slaver. When the sarcastic ******* manning the gate told me that all I needed to do was head inside to fill out an application, I knew I was in trouble.

Sure enough, I was immediately greeted by a gang of slavers who beat me down, took all of my possessions, and turned me into a slave. But hey, at least I was in, right? Thankfully, a kind woman named Midea was there to help me, and told me that she would be able to help me get what I needed. Alas, that meant "working" for the slavers, collecting steel ingots for their foundry. Apparently the ingots were just lying around for the taking, but I had to journey out into a particularly dangerous area to get them. This area was infested with trogs, a new type of humanoid enemy that is fast, ferocious, and attacks in groups.

Before I headed out to do battle with these new foes, however, I needed to get my hands on a weapon. Luckily for me, one of the slaves in the mill was adept at crafting weapons from the pieces of scrap metal littering the area. He gave me a new melee weapon called an Auto Axe, which is basically a whirring saw blade on the end of a mechanical arm. Now, I didn't use melee weapons much at all during my original playthroughs, but this one was a breeze to get the hang of. All I needed to do was hold down the attack button to get it started and then run toward my enemies (I chose to scream while doing this, naturally) to turn them into clouds of red mist. While the trogs were quick and deadly, I was able to make short work of them with the auto axe, switching to my pistol whenever I ran into a random human enemy.

Although I found all 10 of the ingots I was tasked with grabbing, my time with The Pitt ran out shortly thereafter. I do know that you'll have to fight in an arena of some kind later on, and there were a number of areas that were off-limits to me while I was playing. Since The Pitt takes place in the real Pittsburgh (and not in a virtual reality simulation like Operation Anchorage), you'll have to travel there via train from the Capitol Wasteland, but it remains to be seen just how you'll learn of the quest. Best of all, as someone who went to school just outside Pittsburgh, I was happy to see that the designers created the crumbling city to look just like its real-life counterpart... if it had been decimated by a nuclear holocaust, that is.

Edited by GMOF Slidell♥, 19 February 2009 - 06:45 PM.

#2 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

Here is Pittsburgh-
    Posted Image

the Dlc is either all of it, or it centers around where all three rivers connect.

All 3 rivers that connect are- The Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio Rivers

________________________________________________________________________________
    ______
    Hope that helps with the area, also maybe the neighborhoods will also be ironic names to what type of area it will be in the game...just a thought
    Posted Image
    Welcome to The Pitt
    Posted Image
    AutoAxe + Red Raider armor

In this DLC pack, the player will journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh, specifically its steel-making industrial district[2]. Although Pittsburgh was not hit directly by an atomic bomb, the surrounding water still became radiated making the people change in bad ways.

The town consists of a large "dungeon" area, an abandoned steel yard, as well as a settlement. The latter is divided into Downtown, inhabited by slaves, and Haven, occupied by their masters[2].

In contrast to Operation: Anchorage, the Pitt will involve a more traditional questline with lots of morally ambiguous choices, twists and turns. One major quest has you taking on the role of a slave, investigating rumours that the Raider boss has found a cure for mutation[2]. The DLC is announced to add about 4-5 hours worth of gameplay[3].

Apparently The Pitt will be accessed via underground railroad, and will probably be loaded as a separate map from the Capital Wasteland. The Lone Wanderer will go there disguised as a slave in order to join, or usurp, a tribe of raiders that have taken over the steel yards there[4].

Todd Howard released on January 30th that "The Pitt" will have four achievements worth 100 points.

__
    New info
    TROGS
    Posted Image

Biology-

The skin of trogs is a dull yellow/white, as well as their hair, as a result of the loss of melanin. The trade-off is that their skin got a tad thicker, which made them more resilient to cold and hardships. They are, however, very sensitive to sunlight.

Trog Settlements

Rockopalis

Rockopolis was once a hidden underground village. The inhabitants would only allow outsiders in if they presented a secret knock. The leader of Rockopolis at the time was King Crag. Herbert Dashwood accidentally led Penelope Chase, a slaver leader, to Rockopolis. According to Dashwood's computer, the incident led to the enslavement of the city's population and the destruction of the city itself. The fact that the population was enslaved is confirmed by the Rollings -- We're Done note. No new residents, human or otherwise, have taken up residence since.

The Pitt

There is a population of trogs in The Pitt - the ruins of what used to be known as Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They are descended from those captured in Rockopolis.

Hoover Dam

The trogs of Hoover Dam were nomadic at one time thanks to a cave-in at their previous dwellings. Before Dodge and his troops came to Hoover, Billy-Bob and his trogs took up residence in Baseline, figuring it was pretty secure from caving in. No one argued with the trogs, and when Dodge came to Hoover, he asked if they would help out Otto with the maintenance in exchange for food goods and water. The trogs accepted and have been content ever since to mosey around Baseline making sure every light was flashing correctly.

SOURCE

Edited by DarkRuler, 19 February 2009 - 05:21 AM.

#3 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:52 AM

Here is Pittsburgh-
    Posted Image

the Dlc is either all of it, or it centers around where all three rivers connect.

All 3 rivers that connect are- The Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio Rivers

______
    Hope that helps with the area, also maybe the neighborhoods will also be ironic names to what type of area it will be in the game...just a thought

Lol Brookline fail obviously a ripoff of Brooklyn.

#4 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

Lol Brookline fail obviously a ripoff of Brooklyn.

lol

#5 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

They should make michigan DLC :]

Or make the entire unitedstates O___O

#6 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:34 AM

They should make michigan DLC :]

Or make the entire unitedstates O___O

To make the entire US it would take years of 24 hour days.

Plus they should make a New Orleans DLC.

#7 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

To make the entire US it would take years of 24 hour days.

Plus they should make a New Orleans DLC.

Yeah it would take forever but it would be pretty badass you have to admit...

#8 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

Yeah it would take forever but it would be pretty badass you have to admit...

Yeah but that just be to big take years to wander around and it would probably cost like $150.

#9 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Yeah but that just be to big take years to wander around and it would probably cost like $150.

if just dc costs $60, and then dlc costss $10, I bet that would be around $1000

#10 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

if just dc costs $60, and then dlc costss $10, I bet that would be around $1000

That woulds sell a lot :p

#11 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

Ya a game that cost more than the console it's self.

I still can't wait for the new DLC march.

#12 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Now there are real pics of the Pitt

#13 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

Now there are real pics of the Pitt

Hey man thanks for the add.

#14 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

They should make england DLC :)

Thanks for the share Dom.

<3

#15 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

They should make england DLC :)

Thanks for the share Dom.

<3

IDK if england was even hit by bombs you have no idea.

#16 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

IDK if england was even hit by bombs you have no idea.

It was.
    The North America got Hit by Asia (well China really), and Vise Versa.
    Europe Got hit by the Middle East, and Vise Versa.
    Basically the whole world got hit, and even If Europe didn't get hit, don't you think they would send aid?

#17 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

I don't think they'd send aid. I think they'd probably have there own problems if the Middle east was shooting nukes at them. Also has there been a set release date yet.

#18 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

I don't think they'd send aid. I think they'd probably have there own problems if the Middle east was shooting nukes at them. Also has there been a set release date yet.

Early March.

The UN disbanded,you can see that in the headlines on a loading screen.

So I don't know if England would have helped.

#19 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Early March.

The UN disbanded,you can see that in the headlines on a loading screen.

So I don't know if England would have helped.

It was Disbanded, true, but do you honestly think they would just let us die?

#20 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

It was Disbanded, true, but do you honestly think they would just let us die?

Nah but where the hell did Morarty come from,he's Irish but that means that he had to come over on a boat/fly.

I doubt he swam.