• Please log in to reply
    27 replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

Well I don't know about but I was unhappy about not being able to keep the stuff you get in the Sim,so I did a little digging and found some stuff,and then I found a youtube video on how to it so here you go.

EDIT: You only need on body just make sure they have one arm(and only one)over the front side of the pod so you can use Garry 23's body and you wont have to kill anyone.

Cannot Be Displayed

How to keep the Winterized Combat Armor
    By: DRG6520 from the Bethsoft Forums
    http://www.bethsoft....gsforums/ind...

When I played Oblivion, my motto always was "When in doubt, there's a glitch." The immense freedom offered in the game mechanics often allowed me to circumvent some annoying limitations and exploit some cool things. I am glad to see that I can do the same in Fallout 3, and I have found a way to keep ALL of the items that you have in the simulation. Bear in mind this is geared towards the X-Box 360, since PC users can just use the all-powerful console to obtain the armor.

First and foremost, you NEED to not have entered the simulation. This requires a bit of setup before you even enter it.

To start, you need to kill one of the outcasts (preferably one of the unnamed ones). If you don't want everyone to attack you, then use the Mesmetron and hope that it causes one of them to go berserk. You can then kill them with no consquence whatsoever.

Next, activate the simulation pod to open it. DO NOT get into the pod. Using the grab button, move the corpse up onto the chair. You want it positioned so that, when you sit down, you will be looking right at the body and can access it as a container while looking at it. This may take a few tries to get right; sitting on top of it won't cause it to move, but the pod closing as the simulation starts may shift it around. So move the body, save, and then sit in the pod to see the results. If it moves too far away, then you need to reload until you get it positioned right. Please note that once you get in the simulation pod, you go into "cutscene mode", so your cursor will disappear and you won't be able to tell if it could be selected from your current viewpoint. If it's right in front of where the cursor should be, then it likely will be fine.

From there, play through the Operation: Anchorage simulation like normal. Collect as many items that you want to bring into the real world as you can. Many of the items are unique, retextured versions of old weapons, with VERY high health (so that they won't break for a very, very, long time). If you want a second suit of the winterized combat armor, kill the quartermaster after you've obtained your weapons from him (you can also obtain a second set of weapons by selecting a different weapon form, dropping all of your current weapons, and then talking to him to "trade"). Unlike the other bodies, he does not disappear once killed (although Sergeant Montgomery may attack you if he sees it - happened to me once). I don't know if it is possible to loot Chinese Uniforms (maybe by reverse pick-pocketing an enemy unawares, but the only thing to do that with is the Combat Armor, which was the whole point of coming up with this glitch).

Once you get to the end of the simulation, you will see a load screen before you reenter the real world. As it turns out, the inventory you have in the simulation is NOT removed until after you are back in the real world, and a few seconds AFTER you regain control of your character's functions. As soon as the black loading screen appears, start tapping A rapidly. Once the map loads and your vision goes white, if you push it fast enough, you will select the Brotherhood Outcast's corpse you left earlier, and activate it. From there, dump EVERYTHING from your inventory into the Outcast's corpse. Once you've done so, exit the inventory. The game will then remove whatever's left (if anything), and add your previous inventory back to your character. Once you exit the chair, loot the body of all of the items you just stored on it.

Congratulations; you now have several nigh indestructible toys to waltz around the Capital Wasteland with.

I can't guarantee that this will work properly for everyone the first time they try. I was lucky and only had to do this once. The body may glitch and move right when you reenter the real world, it may not be positioned right the first time, you may not be fast enough with the A button... Just be sure to keep a save BEFORE the simulation in case you screw up. I can guarantee that this HAS WORKED for me at least, and I am the proud owner of 2 gauss rifles, 2 sets of the winterized combat armor, and a bunch of pristine pre-war weapons that degrade VERY SLOWLY.

I hope this has been helpful, and that I explained it thoroughly enough.

http://www.bethsoft....gsforums/ind...

Edited by GMOF Slidell♥, 02 February 2009 - 03:56 PM.

#2 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:44 AM

I kind of skipped through the reading and I don't know what game this is for?

#3 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:05 AM

I kind of skipped through the reading and I don't know what game this is for?

Fallout 3,if you get the chance put Fallout 3 in the description.

#4 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:18 AM

Fallout 3,if you get the chance put Fallout 3 in the description.

Done, I've never played Fallout 3, but I have heard good things about it.

#5 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

Yeah I like it,it won game of the year I think.

#6 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

That's awesome except now I have to load my save from like ten days ago just to get this but its worth it. Also they should have let you keep the winterized combat armor normally.

Smokie, you should definitely get Fallout. It's a great game and has a good amount of replay value. Only Problems are that there's a level cap of 20 and after completing the main quest you can no longer play until the 3rd expansion comes out.

#7 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

That's awesome except now I have to load my save from like ten days ago just to get this but its worth it. Also they should have let you keep the winterized combat armor normally.

Smokie, you should definitely get Fallout. It's a great game and has a good amount of replay value. Only Problems are that there's a level cap of 20 and after completing the main quest you can no longer play until the 3rd expansion comes out.

You get a level cap increase when the third expansion comes out the closet,you can get to level 30

With this expansion you also get a new perk if you arnt already at level 20 like me.

I had to go back from my save to do it,but I've done all the quest and I'm at the last part of the MQ,you know in the Jefferson memorial I just left everyone there.

#8 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

or you could just beat the sim, then the door opens up after you go to that computer in the far right corner then the door opens, a lot of the outcasts try to kill you, so you kill them then just go into the room and then get everything

that is what I did and that is what you are supposed to do

#9 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Wow you really are teh failzor are'nt you,you don't get the winterized combat armor for doing that... :thumbdown:

Edited by GMOF Slidell♥, 01 February 2009 - 12:22 PM.

#10 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

Wow you really are teh failzor are'nt you,you don't get the winterized combat armor for doing that... :thumbdown:

yeah you do, I have it in my game, maybe yours is just glitched

#11 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

yeah you do, I have it in my game, maybe yours is just glitched

Then everybody here's is glitched,you get Winterized Power Armor but not Winterized Combat Armor.

#12 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:30 PM

Then everybody here's is glitched,you get Winterized Power Armor but not Winterized Combat Armor.

I have the gauss rifle, winterized combat armor, winterized power armor, other guns, and that electric sword

#13 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

Then where do you pick it up at where in the room do you get it?

Edited by GMOF Slidell♥, 01 February 2009 - 12:32 PM.

#14 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

Then where do you pick it up at where in the room do you get it?

lower right shelf,

thats weird since thats where I found it

#15 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

lower right shelf,

thats weird since thats where I found it

Well I'll look there but,none the less you can still keep the pristine guns.

#16 DarkRuler

DarkRuler

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Donors

• 602 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

Well I'll look there but,none the less you can still keep the pristine guns.

then nice find about that glitch then

#17 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

I only got the Winterized Power Armor, not the Combat armor.

#18 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

Yeah same here I think he is trippen.

I mean that's three people that didn't get it and one person who did.

#19 Random1225

Random1225

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 986 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

Are you sure you got the winterized combat armor? Maybe you're thinking of the Winterized Power armor or maybe the chinese stealth suit.

#20 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

Are you sure you got the winterized combat armor? Maybe you're thinking of the Winterized Power armor or maybe the chinese stealth suit.

He seems to Clearly state that it is Winterized Combat Armor, not Power armor or the Chinese Stealth Suit, but I doubt he is outright lying, Can you possibly take pics of that Winterized Combat Armor?