•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Sony’s next console may not have better visuals.

• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

There has been a lot of talk regarding the beginning of the next generation consoles. With the PlayStation 3 nearing 5 years in the market this November, people are already talking about it’s succesor the PlayStation 4.

In an interesting interview, James Armstrong, VP SCEE, (CEO SCE Spain+Portugal) had made some interesting statements about the PlayStation 4.

When asked about how Sony will accelerate plans regarding the launch of the successor to the PS3, he said:

As I said before, I think PS3 still has great life.This year in Spain we have the foresight to sell 500,000 consoles .And if true, may well become the best-selling entertainment system in our country during this 2011.In what marks the fifth year of Wii market, Nintendo has announced a new platform that will surely launch late next year.As we will see, wish them good luck.

He also thinks that Sony’s next console may not have better visuals but will have a better accessible experience and will also be targeted towards girls.

It’s hard to say right now.I do not think we’ll have a console with a lot better graphics than the PS3 currently offered.I believe the future will be to offer consumers better and more accessible experience .The aim will be to make more people enter the world of video games and try to design titles for women.

I think what Armstrong meant over here is that they may not improve upon certain technicalities like resolutions and disc format, namely 1080P and Blu Ray.

What do you guys think?

http://gamingbolt.co...cs-than-the-ps3

#2 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

Oh, I can't wait for Grand Theft Powderpuff :blackie:
    • michael iz pro likes this

#3 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105