•  

• iBotModz CBox

GR1T's Content

There have been 9 items by GR1T (Search limited from 02-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#51138 How Bungie remove their shield doors?

Posted by GR1T on 03 November 2008 - 12:42 AM in Help Desk

yeh, but slip on boundless they only removed a few of them. :o

Yeah, the ones inside the bases which are smaller, and the ones on the backs of the bases along with the one on the bunker are gone, but the small ones on the front of the bases are still there. The smaller ones on the front and inside of the bases probably have the same identity too.

#51050 How Bungie remove their shield doors?

Posted by GR1T on 01 November 2008 - 11:54 PM in Help Desk

Yea, basically it's like in vb.net

Me.Controls.Remove(shield_door)
    Me.shield_door.Dispose()

Dispose can be considered "null", where it sets it = nothing, and the Controls.Remove(shield_door) shows us that Bungie would have removed it from the map, by slighting editing the actual map, and making it so if someone was to forge it, the .Dispose would make it so it never returned.

I see, thanks.

#50998 How Bungie remove their shield doors?

Posted by GR1T on 01 November 2008 - 03:21 PM in Help Desk

Usermaps don't hold anything from the map. They act as a place holder to show where weapons, characters, power-ups should spawn. Since all the real game content of that map is located in the .map file. I assume as a game loads it draws the information it needs from the .map. If you own the game engine, then you know how the map files work, so I assume they just told the usermap not to grab the shield door tag. However you can still here the sound when you pass under it, so probably they just nulled the tag that showed it.

Yes, I understand the difference between .map modding and usermap modding, I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but what is stopping US from, just nulling the tag, we have pretty much complete control of usermaps so anything they edit in a usermap is just as editable by us.

#50947 How Bungie remove their shield doors?

Posted by GR1T on 01 November 2008 - 08:54 AM in Help Desk

The own the game engine, and the game. I assume they just nulled something out.

Yes, but what is stopping us from replicating what they did? All they did was apparently change something in the usermaps, since you can download it from your recent games played list and load it up in forge or custom games. Unless somehow the way they edited the usermap it is changing something in the .map file I don't see why this isn't something we can't replicate. Does anyone have some sort of concrete explanation or guess as to what they would have done?

#50938 How Bungie remove their shield doors?

Posted by GR1T on 01 November 2008 - 03:55 AM in Help Desk

Has it been identified yet how bungie removed shield doors on Epitaph and Snowbound? Since it seems they did it just with a user-map edit, it is sort of a mystery to me, unless there is a way to do this that I haven't come across yet.

#44340 Is there a Technique to deactivate the covenant defenders on Snowbound

Posted by GR1T on 12 September 2008 - 01:43 PM in Help Desk

Ohhhhhh. Then use Sandbox. You can move their spawn point to way up in the sky or under ground so they cant shoot you.

Hmm, I'm having issues doing this. I changed their spawns to underground, I changed them to way in the sky, I've used Sandbox to edit their values, I've used "Forge" (the user-map editor, not the in-game forge), I've changed their chunk type to edited, and also left it at original. No matter what I've done they don't move an inch.

Do you see anything I could have overlooked?

EDIT: Nevermind, Something was wrong with the Forge app that wasn't saving the defenders as Edited chunks.

#44103 Is there a Technique to deactivate the covenant defenders on Snowbound

Posted by GR1T on 10 September 2008 - 07:01 PM in Help Desk

I knew the general idea of overloading the map, thanks for the whole story on that, but I'm looking for something cleaner and more reliable. I was trying to just have them not spawn via a user-map mod but, you can't seem to edit objects that naturally spawn with the map.

#44077 Is there a Technique to deactivate the covenant defenders on Snowbound

Posted by GR1T on 10 September 2008 - 04:56 PM in Help Desk

Does anyone know of a way to deactivate these annoying auto turrets, or is it impossible since they are object's that naturally spawn on the map.

#44045 [How-To] Snowbound Sniper Turret

Posted by GR1T on 10 September 2008 - 01:41 PM in Tutorials

Could you use Weapon holders to get the same effect? I know you can use weapon holders to lock the cement barriers and other items in place.

Edit:
    Oh I see... The top disappears because the whole tower isn't one object, it's the base and the actual tower.

Further Edit: Never mind now that I've actually been working with the object I understand what you mean. It pisses me off how random there disappearances are. Sometimes it seems like they are going to stick but then they just dissapear. Guess I'll have to try your technique.