•  

• iBotModz CBox

Nazikiller's Content

There have been 16 items by Nazikiller (Search limited from 06-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#50015 Locking an unlocked, xbox original retail HDD

Posted by Nazikiller on 24 October 2008 - 10:41 AM in Help Desk

Are there any requirements for the new HDD? Like if i get rid of a comp could I just take the HDD out of that and put it in my xbox. Also could i use the slayer disc then too install evox?

#49471 Locking an unlocked, xbox original retail HDD

Posted by Nazikiller on 19 October 2008 - 09:04 PM in Help Desk

I was trying to fix what I previously screwed up on my Xbox orignal with a slayer disc (2.6 auto evox installer), when after several attempts at reinstalling evox, saw no improvement in my dash. It just showed the same evox dash I had before, not the one in the screenie that came with it . So , I thought maybe it was because my hard drive was locked. I unlocked it, tried again and rebooted. I got an error message with the number 5 in the top left corner. With a message telling me to service my xbox in several langauges.

Basically, I locked my HDD and need to unlock it, but cannot access anything on my xbox, not even an FTP. If I open my xbox, is there maybe a switch on the HDD to fix this? :D

#49470 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 19 October 2008 - 08:55 PM in Help Desk

Sort of yes and sort of no. I'm a chronic procrastinator so, when I damaged my xbox I figured I'd wait for a rainy day or something to fix it :p.

SmokiestGrunt, its nowhere near your fault. If I would've read the slayer disc manual all the way through, I would've seen that error 5 is a kernel error that only happens when you unlock your hard drive. Something about how it only works unlocked with certain bios, and apparently mine isn't one of the one's that work...

I'm going to start a new topic with a more appropriate topic :p

#49242 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 18 October 2008 - 10:53 AM in Help Desk

LOL!!! I knew I'd find away to screw this up :p. I downloaded the slayer disc, burned it to a dvd with alcohol 120%, put it in the xbox. After a little bit of manual reading, I decided to chose option 3 and then 3b

3)New Install/Full Rebuild
    3b) Full Install on retail HDD

Well I did that, took out the disc, it didn't work tried it again, didn't work, tried it again, and then accidentally clicked to have it do it again (without restarting first). I chose the restart/reboot option instead of manually powering off and I get a screen that says:

05 in the top left

and "Your Xbox requires service. Please call Xbox Customer Support." in several langauges...suggestions?

Edit: Also the LED is flashing Red and Green.
    Edit2: It doesn't matter if I boot it with the Slayer disc in, an original xbox game, a back up or nothing.
    Edit3:

Crap...I think I know what I did. I unlocked the HDD. Now I have no way of relocking it either, I'm screwed right?

#49147 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 17 October 2008 - 01:28 PM in Help Desk

k thx

#48956 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 16 October 2008 - 02:19 PM in Help Desk

I said like 3 times I'm not selling it...and what is a slayer disc?

#48804 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 15 October 2008 - 04:13 PM in Help Desk

Could you upload screen shots of your drives?

pretty please with a cherry on top :p

#48478 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 14 October 2008 - 01:24 PM in Help Desk

i think it was everything (it was about 2 years ago so I don't remember clearly), what are you supposed to have in the D drive because I have nothing....

#48399 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 14 October 2008 - 04:12 AM in Help Desk

Using that ini requires a special skin. I can tell by the text placement.

I don't quite understand. You can still FTP, but you want all modded content off?

It came with a skins folder, and no luck in the C drive either :angry:

#48306 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 13 October 2008 - 04:21 PM in Help Desk

Ok, I tried the dash and the ini in the E drive and it didn't work, I'm going to try the C drive now.

#48260 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 13 October 2008 - 06:02 AM in Help Desk

No...I did, now I don't :D

I downloaded a different version of the Evolution X Build 3935.rar with an INI, the dash and a new bios (M7) so maybe that will fix the problem. Come to think of it, where do I put the bios folder?

#48253 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 13 October 2008 - 05:08 AM in Help Desk

I tried that with my C and it didn't work, but I can't remember if I did or didn't with my E so i'll try again. Also, am I supposed to have anything in my D drive, because I don't.

Edit: It didn't work in my E drive so I downloaded a different Evolution X Build 3935.rar file and it came with everything I need I think, but I'll probably need more help so hang in there please :D

#48197 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 12 October 2008 - 05:59 PM in Help Desk

yeah, I don't really mind whether its evox, avalaunch or unleash x so, which ever is easiest. I was a noob back in the day when ibotmodz was .co.nr and now I've got to be way worse, so nothing too complicated please :D

#48149 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 12 October 2008 - 10:58 AM in Help Desk

I don't have the game or the AR anymore,could I ftp te installer or extract the files on my comp and ftp them over in the correct directories?

#48105 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 12 October 2008 - 01:17 AM in Help Desk

I don't think so, I'm uploading the screenies now. I'll edit in the link when they're finished.

Links:

http://i400.photobuc...AKxX/Edrive.jpg
    http://i400.photobuc...AKxX/Cdrive.jpg

lol, I just realized the print is hard to read, let me know if you need me to re-upload them at a bigger size.

Edit: Nvm, just zoom in once and you can see it fine.

#48097 help kind of remodding an xbox orignial

Posted by Nazikiller on 11 October 2008 - 11:42 PM in Help Desk

My xbox (original) is softmodded. I can ftp blah blah blah. I went to sell it and thought if I deleted everything off of the one crucial drive, it would unsoftmod it. I don't remember what drive it is, i'll probably edit this later on after I figure out which 1 it is. (I did that like a year ago) Haven't touched in since, and decided like having a fun lil' project, and fix it. Any suggestions?

Random Info I remember

I'm pretty sure it was the one where the BIOS were stored and so were the games...i have to read some tuts to figure out which it is.

I want to keep it softmodded now.

I still have the evo x dash except instead of many options its just launch disc and settings.

I can still play burned games.

i can't seem to find and evo x ini file in my c drive nor my e drive.

if needed I can upload screenies of my c/e drives.