•  

• iBotModz CBox

360's Content

There have been 54 items by 360 (Search limited from 16-June 23)

Sort by                Order  

#129666 Who's your Phone Provider?

Posted by 360 on 08 June 2011 - 06:04 AM in Cell Phones

My Cell phone provider is Nokia which is the best out of the rest.

Posted Image

I used to have Nokia, but I couldn't handle them. There aren't many, if any good phones for them anymore. They're coverage is definitely lacking among the other companies. Verizon Wireless has some of the best phones in my opinion, and they're coverage is great!

#129700 Who's your Phone Provider?

Posted by 360 on 09 June 2011 - 02:22 AM in Cell Phones

Yea, I was gonna see what people would say when I said that, it didn't confuse people like I thought. He bumped the topic and I came back with an idiotic response to see what would happen :)

#129732 What Phone Do You Want?

Posted by 360 on 11 June 2011 - 01:31 PM in Cell Phones

It isn't that good. Trust me.

Agreed. Dropped calls, not very customizable as other phones. Wait for the next one instead, I will tell you though, I almost guarantee it wont be 4G, just trust me on that one. I can tell you it will have a 8 Megapixel camera though. I'd get an LG Revolution. I have heard great reviews for that phone. Another phone I wouldn't mind would be the Sidekick 4G, or the Nexus S 4G :) All are pretty good phones.

#129528 Snow Transformation Pack 1.5

Posted by 360 on 31 May 2011 - 12:17 AM in Programs

This is mainly for the people who can't afford Macs, and for the people who can't get a Hackintosh to work.

I have tested this out on my computer, and it worked great! This is probably the best Transformation Pack out there for Windows.

Snow Transformation Pack will transform your entire user interface to Mac OS X Snow Leopard, including Snow Leopard Welcome Screen, Visual Style, Icons, Wallpapers, Sounds, Dock and much more. The latest STP version is 1.5 released on October 18th, 2010.

Features
    Snow Transformation Pack comes with the following main features below:

• Add applications to emulate Snow Leopard features like Dock, Spaces, Shadow, etc.
    • Change default logon screen background to default Snow Leopard wallpaper
    • Change system branding logo to Snow Leopard
    • Change system configuration such as taskbar position to look close to Snow Leopard
    • Change system icons and graphics to Snow Leopard
    • Change system theme to Snow Leopard
    • And much more

STP will transform your Windows 7/Vista user interface to look like Snow Leopard

What's new in STP v1.5

• Changed Dock application from RK Launcher to RocketDock with older StackDocklet for performance/stability (new configuration)
    • Fixed Desktop Theme Enhancements being checked even they aren’t checked from configuration
    • Fixed FontSmoothingGamma value that breaks some applications like jDownloader
    • Fixed reboot prompt to restore Windows Explorer shell if user choose not to reboot
    • Fixed system files modification compatibilities with non-English edition OS
    • Fixed x64 system files modification compatibilities

Above in quotes is a little bit of information about the Snow Leopard Transformation Pack I found on their website.

Below are a few pictures I found on their website.

computer.jpg

configureuseraccount.jpg

controlpanel.jpg

desktop.jpg

libraries.jpg

shutdown.jpg

userlogin.jpg

welcomecenter.jpg

Direct Download Link

Brothersoft Download Link

Softpedia Download Link

Size - 30.6 MB

Supported Operating Systems - Windows Vista 32 bit, Windows Vista 64 bit, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 32 bit, Windows 7 64 bit

#129699 Nintendo Wii U

Posted by 360 on 09 June 2011 - 02:17 AM in Wii

An engineer for embedded systems told me it would only cost about 50$ to make.

That's not too bad.

#129709 Nintendo Wii U

Posted by 360 on 09 June 2011 - 05:46 AM in Wii

That doesn't involve Nintendo making any profit, but I'm sure they will on the system and games, so they need to make the controllers affordable to sell more consoles.

I'm pretty sure they will make a lot of money on the system and games, as you said. Hopefully controllers won't be much more expensive than the controllers they have for every console out there now. I'm thinking $35.00 - $40.00 would be a pretty good price. I was really hoping to get one of these consoles when they are released next year. They seem pretty interesting.

#129719 Nintendo Wii U

Posted by 360 on 09 June 2011 - 05:00 PM in Wii

I expect them to be sold at no profit, not at a loss.
    There's also word that you can only use 1, but most of that is speculation based on one thing that was said.

I hope you can't use just 1. That would be pretty disappointing!

#129669 Nintendo Wii U

Posted by 360 on 08 June 2011 - 06:44 AM in Wii

the controller is gnna be as expensive as the system with all those features..................... : /

Hopefully it won't be too expensive. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

#129733 Nintendo Wii U

Posted by 360 on 11 June 2011 - 01:37 PM in Wii

I find it unlikely they wouldn't make it so you can use more.
    Good luck to third party controller clones though :p

For the way it looks, it seems like it would be pretty hard to clone.

#129667 Nintendo Wii U

Posted by 360 on 08 June 2011 - 06:11 AM in Wii

Posted Image

The new console’s name, Wii U, combines the contradictions built into this iteration: it is both a console for everyone and just for you, according to Reggie Fils-Aime, CEO of Nintendo of America. One of the main criticism of the Wii is that its games only appeal to casual gamers, so the mission this time around is to go “deeper and wider” — offer deeper, more immersive experiences and appeal to an even broader user base (read: hardcore gamers). Of course, the new interactive experiences couldn’t exist without the hardware to support them, which brings us to the new Wii U.

The new Wii U will support HD graphics in 1080p, run on IBM’s Power-based multi-core processor and embedded DRAM, feature an AV Multi Out connector and can hook up to your television via HDMI or S-video cables. According to the press release, the system is also backward compatible and can play all Wii games and use all Wii accessories. Because the console itself wasn’t demoed on stage at E3, details on the actual box are limited to the specs below:

• Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
    • Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Board™.
    • Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
    • Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
    • Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
    • Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
    • CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
    • Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.
    According to Nintendo’s legendary game designer and Senior Managing Director Shigeru Miyamoto, he envisions the Wii U “to become a more fulfilling device” in living rooms.” That is why the controller can continue games to free up the television for other entertainment needs, and handle video chats on the same device.

This system is scheduled for release in 2012.

#129665 Cloud Storage, New Dash, Beacons and more coming to Xbox LIVE

Posted by 360 on 08 June 2011 - 05:59 AM in 360 News

I dislike steam and live, cause I hate paying for things :)

Agreed. Definitely! I wish more things were free.

#120197 Changing windows 7 boot/splash screen

Posted by 360 on 27 June 2010 - 05:39 AM in Computers

why the hell do you care? if your computer is even half decent it only appears for like 5 seconds haha. and on xp and other builds of windows where swapping it out was simple, it was HIGHLY risky and ballsed up many a computer. give up on this pal, just go have a dump while your comp boots. save yourself a hastle.

yea i understand and yes it only takes 5-7 seconds max but i just thought it would be worth it to change a few things around i understand the risks and have taken many risks with windows and half the time understand what im doing :) but i might have a few ideas to how i might change this but then again they might not work, oh well worth the risk.

#120069 Changing windows 7 boot/splash screen

Posted by 360 on 25 June 2010 - 02:32 AM in Computers

Ok, I am pretty sure everybody knows how to change the windows 7 logon screen but that isnt what im talking about, im talking about the windows 7 boot/splash screen that looks like this. Posted Image

yea that one and not the logon screen. I know its possible to edit or change the boot screen but how would i do such a thing? I understand it would be hard....maybe but how would i modify the letters of "Starting Windows"? or possibly even the whole animation. im not sure if i were to download a boot screen that is compatible with vista such as the ones on deviantart would work with a windows 7 os but maybe. does anyone know how to edit the entire animation or just the letters of the windows 7 boot/splash or whatever you want to call it screen? i know for a fact there has to be a way to edit it, and i dont care if i have to through a program or manually but i sure would like it if i could do it manually. but either way i wouldn't care much.

#127074 Ethernet activated LEDs

Posted by 360 on 16 January 2011 - 12:05 PM in Tutorials

I love this, very nice! I have always wanted to do this, but never took the time, I think I will sometime. Anyway, Nice!

#129544 Thinking about picking up a Dell XPS 15z next week

Posted by 360 on 31 May 2011 - 08:33 PM in Computers

I don't lag on GTA IV ;)
    But seriously, get a custom laptop, they are generally much better than pre-built ones.

Alright, I will keep that in mind from now on.

#129533 Thinking about picking up a Dell XPS 15z next week

Posted by 360 on 31 May 2011 - 12:55 PM in Computers

I am going to need something more portable than what I have right now, mainly for school but I do some gaming in my spare time. I'm talking games like GTA 4, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty, etc. I will also need this laptop for the many trips I take. So I need to have both power and portability. Dell claims to have the thinnest 15" laptop on the planet. I really like the keyboard they have and the 2nd Generation Intel Processors they offer. This is thinnest laptop I have seen that has Intel's 2nd generation processors. I think this is the best deal that I could get on a laptop this thin, that has the specs I need, but i'm not completely sure.

For $1,199.99, here is what they offer.

2nd generation Intel Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus

8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz Memory

750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6230 & Bluetooth 3.0

64 WHr 8-Cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Elemental Silver Aluminum 15.6" HD (720P) WLED Display with Webcam

Backlit Keyboard

For only $100 more, they give you all the stuff listed above but also a NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 2GB graphics card, but only 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz Memory. Most likely I will only need 6GB. They also give you a Elemental Silver Aluminum 15.6" 300-nit FHD (1080P) WLED Display with Webcam instead of the 720p display.

I will have the money for both, my brother owes me $500, so I could upgrade even further if I wanted to, but I probably won't.

The link below will take you to a few pictures of the laptop

Dell XPS 15z Laptop Pictures

To see a quick video of the Dell XPS 15z Laptop, click the link below.

Dell XPS 15z Laptop Video

What should I do? Should I get the one that is $1,199.99, or do you think it would be worth it to pay $100 more and get the one with a few more features? I have the money to buy either one, I was just wanting a few suggestions on what people think I should do.

#129537 Thinking about picking up a Dell XPS 15z next week

Posted by 360 on 31 May 2011 - 03:02 PM in Computers

Getting a custom laptop was one of my first thoughts, but I changed my mind because I wouldn't think I would use it that much for gaming. I can see why I should get a custom laptop, but on the other hand, gaming is going to be more of an "if I have time" kind of thing. The only chance I would have quality time to play games would be on the weekends, if even that. I wanted an even better laptop than what I have because of the classes I will be taking, and for outside of school, also because I do a lot of video and picture editing, and a LOT of multitasking while editing. There are a lot of other uses as well. This isn't just for classes and editing and what not.

Having that said, do you still think I should lean more towards getting a custom laptop even though most of the times it won't be used for gaming? I do understand that GTA 4 runs pretty crappy, the other computers I have had, I have had some trouble using it sometimes. When I do play games though, GTA 4 is probably one of the games I will rarely play.

#129540 Thinking about picking up a Dell XPS 15z next week

Posted by 360 on 31 May 2011 - 06:49 PM in Computers

Try this: http://www.sagernote...del_name=NP5160 cheap and good for pretty much everything, light gaming included.
    You might even be able to run GTA IV, but its such a bad port that even a 5000$ computer might lag on it.

Thanks for pointing that out! That looks like a great laptop!

#129549 Thinking about picking up a Dell XPS 15z next week

Posted by 360 on 01 June 2011 - 12:44 PM in Computers

The last patch fixed the lag issues I believe, I don't lag on it anymore either.

I still lag a little on the laptop I have right now, but it's playable.

#129560 Instant Shutdown

Posted by 360 on 02 June 2011 - 12:38 PM in Programs

another way you can do this is to go to command prompt and type "shutdown -s -t 1"

That's true, you could do it that way, but this is for the lazy people.Posted Image

#129582 Instant Shutdown

Posted by 360 on 03 June 2011 - 11:03 AM in Programs

why would you use it at all?

I haven't used it in around a year or so, but I really don't know.

#129551 Instant Shutdown

Posted by 360 on 01 June 2011 - 04:20 PM in Programs

I just recently found another pretty cool program. This program will shutdown your computer instantly without waiting. I wouldn't use this every time to shutdown your computer. I would only use this program very rarely, just in case.

What is "Instant Shutdown 1.0.0.1?"

A C++ program that instantly powers off your computer when run, as if it were unplugged Instant Shutdown is a lightweight utility that will turn off your computer in a flash.

Careful when using it, as Instant Shutdown does not ask for any type of confirmation, and all unsaved work will be lost. Instant Shutdown does not generate any Windows improper shutdown error messages, so use it to replace the default windows shutdown option and save yourself 20 seconds.

Softpedia Download Link

VirusTotal Scan
    or

http://www.virustota...d9e6-1306966318

This file should be safe, I am pretty sure those are not viruses, but correct me if I am wrong.

#129566 Instant Shutdown

Posted by 360 on 02 June 2011 - 02:36 PM in Programs

You really should shut your computer down properly...

I know, that's why I almost never use this.

#129514 E3 2011: Confirmed and Rumored Games

Posted by 360 on 29 May 2011 - 07:23 PM in General Discussion

These are the games Im looking at

Same here! I especially hope that Grand Theft Auto 5 is going to be announced. I love the GTA series.

#129522 E3 2011: Confirmed and Rumored Games

Posted by 360 on 30 May 2011 - 03:21 PM in General Discussion

You haven't seen the announcement trailer yet? Here it is.

I thought you were actually serious until I saw that. :(