• Please log in to reply
    15 replies to this topic

#1 L337 Box

L337 Box

I Am The EL1T3 B0X!

• VIP

• 542 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:45 PM

i kind of skimmed through the halo 2 section and i didn't find them so i guess i will have to post them :) just incase nobody knows them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delayed Reload: Hold R, X (Off-host).
    At the beginning of the magazine of your rifle, hold fire and press X for the first shot, then you can fire a few rounds before it auto-reloads. If you learn the timing and press x every first shot, you can keep going without reloading. With the Shotgun you can do this all the time, after fired rounds it will reload till it's full and you can fire whenever you want.
    Note 1 - Many people combine this with the quick reload (X, B, X).
    Note 2 - Many people use this in the form (B, R, X), making it a melee fire which reloads afterwards.
    Note 3 - Only works Off-host.

Quick Reload: X,Y,Y or X,B,X
    After a certain time in a reload animation, the weapon is reloaded, pressing Y,Y, enables you to fire again. This also works to cancel out the swords 'reload time' since there is a period of waiting after a sword lunge. If you don't have a secondary weapon (Y,Y is switch back and forth), then press X and after the weapon is reloaded press B to melee and X to cancel it again.
    You can also Hit Reload and when you pull the magazine out and put the new in, just as you put it in melee and it will have a full magazine.

Grenade Reload: X,L
    If you have shot a few rounds out of your magazine already and you want to reload and shoot at the same time, then press L, then quickly press X while doing the reload animation and then just keep shooting the rounds you have left in your magazine while the gun reloads at the same time. Note - Works only when you are not host of a multiplayer game, due to communication error towards the host.

Double Melee: B,X,B or B,Y,B or B,L,B*
    As soon as your melee has hit your opponent and the damage is done, you can cancel the rest of the animation with X and melee again. If you have a secondary weapon you can also press Y between melees to switch and melee with your secondary, or go for a Y, Y to melee with your primary weapon again (The Energy sword and Brute Shot have much stronger melee attacks than other weapons).

BxR: B,X,R or B,Y,Y, R
    BxR is a somewhat-complicated move that can be used with any weapon within Halo 2. The procedure involved has the player pressing the buttons, "B, X, R" in rapid succession, causing a melee attack instantly followed by round(s) from whatever weapon the user is holding.
    This move is most often used in Team Hardcore by those experienced with the Battle Rifle, where it becomes an immensely effective combat type, for the strike will first take down shields, and if aimed right can provide an instant kill.
    MeleeFire: B,X,R or B,Y,Y,R As soon as your melee has hit your opponent and the damage is done, you can cancel the rest of the animation with X and open fire again. If done optimal it will seem like a melee and shot at the same time. To be done with a full magazine or using Y,Y instead of X when not. Strangely enough, you will automatically get a full magazine some time after a BXR, even if you shoot. Also works with sniper, but preferably press X before the melee hits so you are still moving towards your opponent and can get a clean snipe. Note - When you don't have ammo to reload your battle rifle, you can keep doing B,X,R
    On a second note when using the Battle Rifle you must have a full magazine. Attempting a B,X,R with any ammunition missing will cause a shot and reload, failing in the attempt of the attack. however, if all of you ammo is expended except for the currently loaded magazine (you have no more ammo to reload, only what is in the gun) you can BXR constantly (until the magazine is expended)

Quick Switch: Y, YY or Y,B,Y,Y or Y,B,X
    If you want to be the faster comboer after releasing a plasma bolt, just switch, melee and switch switch (or cancel melee by pressing X) and you'll be able to fire a split second before you combo-opposition can. Also Y, wait, YY works. Note - All rifles allow you to fire straight after the Quick Switch and Quick Reload, but all heavy weapons can fire just as soon as they usually can even though the animation finished.

Cancel Reload: X,Y,Y or B
    During reload you might decide to want to open fire again, press Y,Y before the weapon has reloaded and you can continue fire with the ammo left unless your magazine has no ammo left.

Melee Stick: RT,X,L
    To preform a "Melee Stick" , Firstly you must have an energy sword and at least one plasma grenade. Then, while you are lunging at an enemy with the energy sword( RT ), Cancel it using ( X ) and stick your opponent using the ( LT )button. if done correctly , you will be able to get an easy stick on your opponents.

Overheat Grenade: Charge, R, Y, L.
    When you release a plasma bolt after the pistol is charged and released, you can hit Y and L quickly after each other and the grenade will fly without its throwing animation. It especially helps if you missed the plasma shot because your opponent takes cover behind a wall. After the grenade is thrown, there is a small time you cannot shoot, but doing a cancel reload (Y,Y) fixes that. This does not work on Halo 3.
    An alternative way to do this is to Get a Sentinel Beam. Get a Frag grenade (plasma may work). Fire the Sentinel beam until it overheats. Wait one second, then throw your frag grenade. The frag grenade will sail ahead, without the animation.

Double Grenade: Charge, R, pause,L, L
    When you release a plasma bolt after the pistol is charged or when another plasma weapon has overheated (Beam Rifle, Plasma Rifle) wait one second and press L, L in order to throw two grenades rapidly after each other. With the right timing you can throw them almost at the same time. You can also set traps with this, deliberately missing a plasma shot, then surprising your opponents with a rain of grenades. You can switch back to your secondary weapon, but only after the first grenade is thrown.

The Dual Grenade is a trick that uses the picking up and dropping of dual wieldable weapons to cancel the time intersection between two grenade throws.
    It is possible to be combined with the Double Grenade.
    Basically you stand on a dual wieldable weapon, holding a dual wieldable weapon, then press L to throw your first grenade, hold Y to pick up the dual wieldable weapon, B to melee and throw the weapon away and L to grenade again. With default settings the button combo should be L,Y,B,L.

^Note: This trick can also be used in combination with the Double Grenade, using the plasma pistol as the first dual wieldable weapon for a deathtrap of three grenades^

Double Fire: R,R,X
    Quickly press the Right Trigger, then as soon as you have your trigger released, quickly squeeze it again and this time hold. Quickly after the controller has registered the start of the holding, press X in order to have the two shots burst out at the same time or rapidly follow each other.
    Timing is crucial as there is about 1/10th of a second to do so and within that second the pace of the shots is also determined. You will know it's successful when you see no reloading animation, instead having a full magazine again with 6 bullets less.
    You can also cancel the actual reloading by the Cancel Reload, but more useful is to Double fire and then instantly throw a grenade to cancel the reloading as this also seems to be the quickest way to get damage across a map or to a opponent.

Instant death: R,R,Y,B or B,X,R
    The Instant Death button combo is currently the hardest combo to pull off, but also the quickest way to kill someone with a Battle Rifle or Sniper Rifle. Stand in front of them and aim at his/her head, then by pressing R,R,Y,B quickly you will first fire one shot, then switch, melee and fire the second shot. The melee is to be pressed when you see the secondary weapon model. You could use the B,X,R, but with this trick you will always do damage, because of the first shot and on top of that you can do it with a not-full magazine.

Suicide shot: R,R,Y (secondary weapon) When you press R,R,Y (all quickly after each other, the results of the button pressing comes later) and move forward the following happens. You will fire one shot, then switch to your other weapon and then fire another shot. If you have moved forward during the button sequence, the second burst will hit you, because it will still come from the place where you pressed the second R. The message "Killed by the Guardians" will appear and you will not lose a point.
    Note - MLG prohibits this.

All Information above was received from HaloPedia, the Halo Wiki

#2 Mcmodder♥

Mcmodder♥

I have no friends.

• Banned

• 622 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

cool nice post i will have to try these out :p

#3 xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx

Private

• Members+

• 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

cool nice post i will have to try these out :p

fail you missed brx : P

#4 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:15 AM

fail you missed brx : P

Fail Its BxR and he does have it.

#5 cbpwnrs2

cbpwnrs2

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 65 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

Fail Its BxR and he does have it.

If You can edit this post and put that in But good post ;)

#6 V3NOM

V3NOM

Sergeant Grade 3

• Members

• 475 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

If You can edit this post and put that in But good post

You idiot!
    It has already been established that it IS in the post
    anyway...
    good post
    im gonna have to try these out

#7 Dataanti

Dataanti

• Members+

• 302 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

um theres a easter egg in the train thing room of the first mission were MC will run around in circles and eat dirt from and plant pot in that area of the mission if u do a button combo but i cant remember it :(

#8 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:43 AM

You idiot!
    It has already been established that it IS in the post
    anyway...
    good post
    im gonna have to try these out

He left IBM in shame after everybody flamed him and I mean everyone Mods VIP new members.

He ripped like 80 tuts/mods,then blamed it on his brother.

#9 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105

Insert Custom Title Here.

• Donors+

• 775 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

Lul at RRY!!!

#10 Joe Walls

Joe Walls

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 258 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

Thank you... :give_rose:

#11 xX Epsilon Xx

xX Epsilon Xx

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 372 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

I luv dat suicude gun shot :)

#12 xtrememan25

xtrememan25

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:12 AM

looks pretty cool, i'm going to try them, even the suicide shot, that could be funny.

#13 Jeehs

Jeehs

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 103 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:04 AM

I luv dat suicude gun shot :)

I love it more, becasue i'll hit someone and myself but wont live for the meadal

#14 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

I love it more, becasue i'll hit someone and myself but wont live for the meadal

Nice bump.

anyway it sucks that they fixed most of these in halo 3.

#15 L337 Box

L337 Box

I Am The EL1T3 B0X!

• VIP

• 542 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

Nice bump.

anyway it sucks that they fixed most of these in halo 3.

I'm pretty sure they fixed all of them, lol.

#16 XboxSoftModd3r

XboxSoftModd3r

Recruit

• Members+

• 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

thanks!

this is useful ^_^