• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

Note: The ODST does not have animations for Dual Wielding!

Step 1: Open Maps
    First, open Insolence. Now, open the multiplayer map in which you would like to play as an ODST. Also open any campaign map in which you encounter ODSTs. For this tutorial I will use beavercreek.map and 05a_deltaaproach.map.

Step 2: Drag & Drop
    To bring the ODST into the multiplayer map, you only need to click and drag only one thing over, and that is the HLMT tag.
    Navigate to objectscharactersmarinemarine, left click once to select it, and then left click again on the tag and drag and drop it into beavercreek.map's tag-list window.

Step 3: MoveBox
    Each time you drag & drop a tag, a small status box will pop up to give you information about what the program is doing while you wait. The longest part is usually "Relinking", but in this case it will be moving the sounds (that don?¢â??¬â??¢t work), and it may seem like it froze.. It didn't, it just has to do a lot of file reading & writing, so let it be. When the move is done, the box will go away.

Step 4: Closing Unneeded Maps
    Now that you have copied the tags from the single-player map to the multiplayer map, you can close the single-player map (05a_deltaaproach.map) as you will not be needing it anymore.

Step 5: Swap Masterchief's Object Properties
    Once all of the tags are in your multiplayer map, you do not need the campaign map anymore. Locate the masterchief_mp.bipd tag in your MP map, and double click the tag to open it. It should open with the IFP plugin to edit it. Under "Show", click on "visible dependencies". Find the Object Properties (hlmt) dependency; it should be on the top. Double click on its ID box and bring up the drop box. Scroll to the very bottom of the drop box and select "objectscharactersmarinemarine". Click somewhere in the empty area of the plugin to finalize the change. Close the masterchief_mp.bipd tag.

Step 6: Setting the Permutation
    Navigate to the hlmt tag for objectscharactersmarinemarine, and double click the tag to open it. Once it's open, click on the text that says "Edit Mode". When you click it, it should switch to "Dev Mode". What we are going to do now is set the model and sound dependencies by changing a string and all udlg dependencies to "sounddialogcombatmasterchief". Now you click on the blue "all dependencies" text. Change the ???¿???¿???¿???¿ Tag Type to udlg, and change its dependency from ?¢â??¬???Nulled Out?¢â??¬? to ?¢â??¬???sounddialogcombatmasterchief?¢â??¬?. Now click the blue Variation reflexive. At the dropdown box, click on the down arrow and choose the next chunk (chunk 1). Now click on All Dependencies in the Variations section, and change "sounddialogcombatmarine_perez" to "sounddialogcombatmasterchief". At the dropdown box, click on the down arrow and choose the next chunk (chunk 2). Click "all dependencies" again and change the udlg dependency from "sounddialogcombatmarine_aussie" to "sounddialogcombatmasterchief". Navigate to the next chunk (chunk 3) and click "all dependencies", and change "sounddialogcombatmarine_timid" to "sounddialogcombatmasterchief" and do the same for the next chunk (chunk 4), go to chunk 4's "all dependencies" and change "sounddialogcombatmarine_cross" to "sounddialogcombatmasterchief", go to chunk 5, (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!) but BEFORE clicking "all dependencies", double click the value "odst_cky", and type in or scroll to "default" and then go to it?¢â??¬â??¢s All Dependencies, and change "sounddialogcombatmarine_aussie" to "sounddialogcombatmasterchief", go to chunk 6?¢â??¬â??¢s ?¢â??¬???all dependencies" and change ?¢â??¬???sounddialogcombatsgt_gruff?¢â??¬? to ?¢â??¬???sounddialogcombatmasterchief?¢â??¬?, go to chunk 7?¢â??¬â??¢s dependencies and change ?¢â??¬???sounddialogcombatsgt_cautious?¢â??¬? to ?¢â??¬???sounddialogcombatmasterchief?¢â??¬?, and by now you?¢â??¬â??¢ve probably realized that we?¢â??¬â??¢re switching all of the udlg references to the Masterchief?¢â??¬â??¢s, so do the same with the rest of the chunks (all the way up to, and including Chunk 13). Once complete, move on to the next step.

Step 7: Fixing the Shield and Health
    Still in the HLMT tag, on the far left of the IFP plugin, click on ?¢â??¬???All Values?¢â??¬?, and change the following values (in order of appearance):
    6 to 5
    4.5 to 2.8
    2 to 1.8

Now, in the far left, below Variation, you should see a reflexive named Unknown 2, click that, and change the following values (in order of appearance):
    100 to 45
    4 to 10
    2 to 5
    0.25 to 1
    0 to 70
    to energy_shield_thin_hum_masterchief
    [the second 0 below the stringid] to 5
    [the third 0 below the stringid] to 2
    0.5 to 0.2

Step 8: Fixing the Shaders and Effects
    In the plugin section for Unknown 2, click "all dependencies". Change the first Nulled Out shad dependency to "objectscharactersmasterchiefshadersmasterchief_plasma_shield_change_color_fp".
    Change the second Nulled Out shad dependency to "objectscharactersmasterchiefshadersmasterchief_plasma_shield_change_color".
    Leave the first Nulled Out effe as it is.
    Change the second Nulled Out effe to "effectsobjectscharactersmasterchiefmasterchief_shield_depletion".
    Change the last Nulled Out effe to "effectsobjectscharactersmasterchiefshield_recharge".
    Change the next Nulled Out shad dependency to "objectscharactersmasterchiefshadersmaterchief_overshield_fp", and change the remaining one to ?¢â??¬???objects objectscharactersmasterchiefshadersmaterchief_overshield".
    In the far left of the plugin part of the marine.hlmt tag, under "Show", click "all dependencies", and replace the first Nulled Out shad dependency with "objectscharactersmasterchiefshadersactive_camo".
    Close the tag.

Step 9: Fix Encryption
    Select "Fix Map Encryption" from the Map Options menu, close the map, close Insolence and FTP it up to the Xbox

#2 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

what programs do i need to do this and dose it stay in the map that ive moded or do i have to do this every time i play the mod

#3 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

I scanned through the tutorial and all that I could see was Insolence. This tutorial is a little corrupt so I'll find the tutorial and post it again.

#4 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

I scanned through the tutorial and all that I could see was Insolence. This tutorial is a little corrupt so I'll find the tutorial and post it again.

ok sweet thanks

#5 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

I know, huge bump
    But I need this tut (the uncorrupted version please), anyone got it?

#6 SmokiestGrunl

SmokiestGrunl

Australian Retired Staff

• Retired Staff

• 3,888 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

I know, huge bump
    But I need this tut (the uncorrupted version please), anyone got it?

.:Complete ODST in MP Guide:.

Please use this version of Entity:
    http://rapidshare.co...ntity_2.1.5.rar

Info: This is for the few people who were having trouble getting everything rolling with their ODST's in MP. I've gone and redone the entire process using the latest version of Entity and I combined all three tutorials I have made to include every step in making an ODST fully playable in MP. So to everyone, enjoy! And if I missed something or it's out of whack let me know...I spent 2 or so hours making this in the middle of the night and I mean the middle. SO lemme know if need be! Also, I know I state it a few times in the tutorial but please DO NOT forget to save after making changes in the Meta Editor. As far as I know, the Meta Editor will NOT save changes on it's own.

Tutorial

Open 05a_deltaapproach.map in Entity.

Navigate to the marine's BIPD tag.(RED in picture A)

Click recursive and parsed. ( BLUE in picture A)

Save the tag to your computer, anywhere. I personally tend to save it to my desktop for easy location. (GREEN in picture A)

Posted Image

Now, close your single player map, and open your multiplayer map. (I chose Midship)

Once opened if Recursive and Checked aren't checked still, check them.

Hit the BUILD button and find (in the folder we saved to our computer) the marine's .info file. Your picture will differ a small amount from mine. No worries.(Below)

Posted Image

Let that build.

By now, you should know where recursive and parsed are so let's uncheck both of those.

Navigate in the left window pane to the masterchief BIPD tag in the list of tags. (RED in picture C)

Right click the middle section of entity and choose Display > Idents. (BLUE in picture C)

Posted Image

The first selection you should see in the middle window pane is the Model/HLMT. (RED in picture D)

Right click on it and press swap.(BLUE in picture D)

Posted Image

Choose the marines tag and press swap. (RED in picture E)

Posted Image

Go to the Marines HLMT tag and on the left side of Entity in the BIPD tags and select it. (RED in picture F)

Now head up to the Tools - Meta Editor. (BLUE in picture F)

Posted Image

Look till you find the Variation Reflexive. Notice the number next to it's name. We want chunk #5 and it will say ODST_cky as shown below. (RED in picture G)

Underneath that, we have it's Name.(BLUE in picture G)

Click the dropdown box and it will bring up the "String Swap" dialog box. Scroll all the way up till you find "default". Double click default and you will see the name change. (PINK in picture G)

Posted Image

Make sure you hit save at the top of the middle window pane where you made the meta edit.

Still the meta editor, let's look for this reflexive "new damage info".

We will edit all the following values inside this reflexive so make sure you do not steer into another reflexive. (RED in picture H)

Posted Image

Going down in a straight line:

Max Vitality = 45

Stun Time = 10

Recharge Time = 5

Recharege Fraction = 1

Shield Damaged FP Shader = objects\characters\masterchief\shaders\masterchief_plasma_shield_change_color_fp

Shield Damaged Shader = objects\characters\masterchief\shaders\masterchief_plasma_shield_change_color

Max Shield Vitality = 70

Global Shield Material Name = energy_shield_thin_hum_masterchief

Stun Time = 5

Shield Recharge Time = 2

Shield Depleted Effect = effects\objects\characters\masterchief\masterchief_shield_depletion

Shield Recharging Effect = effects\objects\characters\masterchief\shield_recharge

Make sure you hit the save button at the end of editing these.

After those have been done, let's move on down to another area (orange in color) and it's called "damage constraints". We have two values to edit here:

Overshield FP Shader = objects\characters\masterchief\shaders\materchief_overshield_fp

Overshield Shader = objects\characters\masterchief\shaders\materchief_overshield

Moving down a tiny bit you will see another section called "Active Camo Shader". (RED in picture below)

Let's edit this value shall we?

Active Camo Shader = objects\characters\masterchief\shaders\active_camo

Remember where you went to change to the Meta editor? Up by the tools section, let's go ahead and click the Tools dropdown box again, and this time let's select the Reference option. (RED in picture I)

Posted Image

We aren't moving to another tag so still being in the HLMT of the Marine, let's right click and go back to the idents as we did with the BIPD tag in the beginning. you will see in the middle pane at the top, there is a section called offsets. We will be editing quite a few of these. (RED in picture J)

Posted Image

The first offset we edit will be Offset 144. To the left you will see it says Unit Dialogue. Let's go ahead and swap that with sound\dialog\combat\masterchief. (RED in picture K)

Right underneath where we edited there are many more dialogues. We want to change each and every one of them to that of the masterchief. (This is because entity does not transfer our sounds correctly.) (BLUE in picture K)

If you have trouble following the two steps above, make your marine hlmt look exactly like the picture below!

Posted Image

Ok, so now we have a battle ready ODST. But wait, his arms are going to be all jacked up when he picks up weapons. Let's fix that shall we!?

So let's close the tag we are in and navigate back to the marines biped tag. (RED in picture L)

Since we have done it before, let's use the Tools dropdown box and click the meta editor.

In the middle pane, scroll down till you find "Preferred Gun Node"

Change this value or String ID if you will, to "right_hand_mc". Without quotes of course. (BLUE in picture L)

Posted Image

P.S. Since this version of Entity doesn't allow for copy and paste on this type of edit, I found it easier to keep hitting the "R" key till you find the correct value.

Save changes. Congrats now your ODST will hold guns correctly!

Now, we will fix the seats on vehicles to allow our ODST to drive it. ( What we are actually doing is tricking the Biped into thinking the vehicle is a ghost.)

On the left side navigate to the vehicle of your choosing. I will choose the warthog. (RED in picture M)

Now let's open the meta editor again.

Scroll down a bit till your find "Label" under the Seats reflexive. (BLUE in picture M)

Posted Image

Change this from warthog_d to Ghost_d. This tricks the biped into thinking it's getting into a ghost.

The other seats remain intact for the ODSt so no need to edit these.

*This will work for each vehicle. So if you would like your ODST to drive each and every vehicle... You will need to edit each vehicle driver seat to ghost_d to achieve the same affect.

Credit to: kibito87

Edited by SmokiestGrunl, 02 July 2009 - 11:26 PM.

#7 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:19 AM

Thanks Smokie, your a life saver!