•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

=Jurassic Ravine= by DoorM4n

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    1 reply to this topic

#1 DoorM4n

DoorM4n

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

logo.png

Hey Guys,

Today I present Jurassic Ravine, an ambiance mod for beavercreek. I have always  wanted to make a jungle map, but there were some technical problems with flooding a map with trees and brush. Thanks to the awesome guys at RemnantMods, we can  spawn almost an unlimited amount of items. The limit is as far as the Xbox RAM and  .xbe will allow, which is pretty damn far. Anyhow, I think I really pushed the limits of beavercreek in  spawning over 50 palm trees, 100+ shrubs, and the giant  canopy. I lost track at some point, as I was going trigger happy on adding scenery  everywhere I saw empty space. Beavercreek doesn't get enough love from the modding  community, and I've personally never made a beavercreek mod. As I was editing this  map, it took me back to the years before advanced modding. I felt like I was  modding back in the early days of Halo 2 modding. In the end, I wanted a new ambiance for beavercreek without a glamorous new custom map, and I'm very pleased at how this turned out. The high brush, palm trees, and custom jungle and temple sounds take you back to a prehistoric land. I played a slayer match on here and really enjoyed the new combat strategy that the map requires now that your enemy can trample through tall shrubbery or hide in it. But I'm a little biased. haha. Please take the time to play Jurassic Ravine, and I am confident you'll enjoy it as much as I did making it.

features.png
    •New Environment
    •Original Weapons
    •Full Custom Map Skin
    •Custom Dinosaur Jungle and Temple Sounds
    •Custom Sky and Slight Fog

pictures.png
    8_2_2014_12_58_35_AM_35_621.png
    8_2_2014_12_59_00_AM_0_82.png
    8_2_2014_12_59_12_AM_12_421.png
    8_2_2014_12_59_22_AM_22_343.png

download.png

Minor Bugs
    Some gameplay lag from all of the items spawned--nothing too distracting, IMO.

special_thanks.png
    • Remnant Mods users! All of you! You know who you are! Way too many to list. Thanks for answering all my questions and supporting my efforts!

• Program Makers! Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, Darkshallfall for Onyx, Swampfox for ADI, farklem for Dothalo, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH, and Click16 for his Mass Spawn Changer!

• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe almost everything to Bungie.

• kornmann for keeping HaloMods alive!

• Thanks Click16 for testing all this out with me man!

Visit Us!
    http://www.remnantmods.com
    http://www.halomods.com

Edited by DoorM4n, 12 September 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#2 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Looks good.