•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Microsoft will soon penalize Xbox One players for bad behavior

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 iBotModz_Bot

iBotModz_Bot

Brigadier Grade 3

• Bots

• 2,985 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:30 AM

Watch out trolls: New reputation system has been detailed.

It looks like naughty Xbox Live users will be punished with Twitch cut-off and reduced matchmaking.

Xbox-Scene

That's right, gamers who have a "negative impact" on the Xbox Live community will soon be handed penalties like reduced matchmaking pairings, and might even have access to Twitch revoked, Microsoft has announced.

Notifications for the Xbox One reputation system will start appearing this month, and there will be three types of reputation levels: “Good”, “Needs Work”, and “Avoid Me”.

Here are the details:

Leveling Up Your Reputation: Notifications Coming Soon

Last July, I gave you a preview of what to expect with reputation on Xbox One. Gaming has always been a social activity, and for Xbox One we redesigned the Xbox Live community-powered reputation system from Xbox 360 to help better inform players about their behavior in the community.

On Xbox One, there are currently categories of player reputation score – "Green = Good Player," being the large majority of our users, "Yellow = Needs Work" and "Red = Avoid Me." By looking at someone’s Gamercard you’re able to quickly see their reputation. The more hours you play fairly online without being reported as abusive by other players, the better your reputation will be. The algorithm looks to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive across the community on Xbox Live. The vast majority of players do not regularly receive feedback from other players and, thus, will stay at the “Good Player” reputation level.

Here’s what the reputation levels mean for you:
    • “Good Players” – The majority of gamers will fall into this level. As we’ve said before, we have plans to introduce rewards for good behavior and look forward to sharing more in the future!
    • Warnings for “Needs Work” – Beginning this month, some players will start receiving reputation warnings as their reputations drop due to feedback from the community. The purpose of these communications is to remind players about their effect on the community and encourage them to have more positive interactions. These warnings are based on community feedback collected since Xbox One launched.
    • Penalties for “Avoid Me” – If players do not heed warnings and continue to have a negative impact on other players and the Xbox Live community, they will begin to experience penalties. For example, people with an “Avoid Me” rating will have reduced matchmaking pairings and may be unable to use certain privileges such as Twitch broadcasting.
    Remember, we designed the algorithm so it won’t penalize you for bad reports over a few weeks of play. The system also adjusts for false reports from people that might intentionally report someone of greater skill or for other griefing purposes.

At the end of the day, our goal is to match you with other gamers you’ll enjoy, and create the best gaming community online. Visit the Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement page for more details on the Xbox One reputation system.

So, there you have it. Xbox players, play nice!

News-Source: Microsoft will soon penalize Xbox One players for bad behavior (via) MaxConsole

View the full article