• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

I asked an owner of a pre-released game via Xbox Live to leak it to the world. In all honesty, I knew he wouldn't and I was just messing around.

The next 2 days that occurred though is unbelievable and just worth telling. For those unaware your Xbox Live account is actually a Windows Live account which also has the ability to be part of

-MSDN
    -Dreamspark
    -Windows Messenger
    -SkyDrive
    -Outlook Mail
    -MicrosoftStore
    -Bungie.com Forums

and a lot more.

Lets follow the steps of my account.

1) Microsoft first banned me till year 9999 per...

"This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to attempts to extract account information from other playersand/or attempts to use the Xbox LIVE service for commercial purposes. This conduct was discovered in your profile, your activities, and/or your communications."

In my defense, no where in that statement does it say. "Asking another member to commit a crime can result in a complete Microsoft account deletion"

2) Their ToS change. The next day I sign into Xbox Live on my brothers account to check if I got him banned. O wait. I have to approve a new ToS. So Microsoft updated their ToS sometime after suspending me (probably adding in something which gives them the ability to ban me).

3) I wake up and my Windows 8 Release Preview computer says, "You are signing in locally because the remote Windows Live account couldn't be found". Tried to sign into passport.net and got

"That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different email address or get a new account."

So thats great. My entire Windows 8 computer with synced settings is just gone. Since Windows 8 syncs settings back to the Cloud, I lost my entire personalized computer. Seems like an evasion of privacy.

4) I wonder how my Halo 4 preorder is doing. O wait. My account doesn't exist. Can't even check on my order.

5) My SkyDrive account (which hosts a ton of my school files) just gone. Couldn't even find a local storage of the files on my computer. Could be my fault, but either way. Just lost a ton of school related files.

6) My MSN Messenger. Over 500 friends that I've met over 7 years just gone. No way to redirect them, account just missing.

7) I try a password reset. Account doesn't exist. I try a recovery your account by passing information to Microsoft. The response 20 hours later.

"We have determined the Microsoft account ibotpeaches@******* does not exist. This is normally caused by an account being set to inactive, the account was deleted, or the account has expired. The account recovery request with issue number 59675096 has been closed."

Yeah right. I signed in literally everyday. There was no inactivity here.

8 ) I get a phone call.

"Hello, this is Matthew from Microsoft Store. I'm calling to tell you that your order was cancelled due to credit card problem. Would you like to fix this to keep the order of Halo 4 LE Console Pre-order?"
    Me: "Mathew, there is nothing wrong with my credit card, but I can't sign into my account to check."
    "Sorry, I tried to re-issue the order but that email did not work. Do you have another Windows account?"

just my luck. Everything is being taken from me.

9) Well my edu verified Dreamspark account is gone, can't even download the new VS 2012 when it comes out. Just great.

10) Asked on the Xbox.com forums (on new account). Why my entire MS account was deleted. Once again, the question was avoided.

"Reason: Apologies, but this forum is solely for the purpose of learning the reasoning behind individual Xbox LIVE account suspensions, not to debate their duration or validity. The suspension will stand as issued. This forum is reserved for inquiries regarding Xbox LIVE account suspensions due to Code of Conduct violations. If your account has encountered a billing or payment issue, please contact Xbox Support. Thanks! "

11) I was a part of the Beta Dashboard (Fall 2012). I've been part of lots of Xbox Beta dashboards. Probably about 4. Can't even sign into the MSDN private section to report feedback/bugs. That account is completely gone as well.

Lesson learned. There are no rules at Microsoft. They respond to problems however they want deleting everything inside their Microsoft Ecosystem over a silly Xbox Live problem that if anything should of been a 2 week suspension. I urge everyone to get everything off their system into other systems if you care about your data at all. It seems they can completely wipe your account from existence. Even a 7yr old account without as much as a warning.

#2 Korupt Data

Korupt Data

SoOoO KoRuPtAbLe

• Retired Staff

• 3,503 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, i gave up on any online activity with microsoft.

#3 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wow that is absolutely terrible. Sorry that happened to you, Peaches. Hope you can recover some of what you lost, but it seems like Microsoft isn't going to give any help on that.

#4 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

That's Microsoft for ya, even worse now as since they own everything they have all their bases covered since they don;t use third party for anything which means any way you interact with them no matter how small is governed by a certain set of their terms. You see what they did... "oh that's not in the terms ?, lets just add it now..."

It's a shame cause with the flick of a switch they can demo your whole account and leave nothing but ashes... even worse it was never yours to begin with :(

Make sure to always have your content backed up somewhere else and not just relay on your emails never being deleted or that attachments never going anywhere, if it means anything at all to you, save it!

This is precisely the reason why when i do have to use Microsoft services each service is used with a different NET account.

#5 D.HeRo♥

D.HeRo♥

MeLo Is TeH ReSpEcToR

• Retired Staff

• 692 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

They deleted your account so you would lack evidence that your account was suspended before the ToS update. There idiots, like i said before, you have screenshots and proof(hopefully) you need to talk to someone higher up then the Shi*ty ban squad and moderators they have. If my cousin still worked there I would have helped you out, unfortunately he does not. Sorry to hear about that man, good luck peaches.

#6 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105

Insert Custom Title Here.

• Donors+

• 775 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

God damn, that is literally worst-case scenario. Thank god my microsoft email is completely different from my others.