• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 GermanShepherdD

GermanShepherdD

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

I have current come across a action replay disc but not the hardware. So I decided to try to make my own AR using a controller and a usb cable. I link them together and it works with games on the computer. But when I go to use it to soft mod my xbox 1 AR does not see the memory card in the controller. The lite on the AR software also blinks once when I plug in the controller but will not stay on. Me and Twam do not know what to do so I am counting on you all to please help. :3

Edited by GermanShepherdD, 30 July 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

I'm guessing its just because its not official, but otherwise then that I have no clue.

#3 D.HeRo♥

D.HeRo♥

MeLo Is TeH ReSpEcToR

• Retired Staff

• 692 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

format the memory card to fat32 and check for the proper files online, i used to have them, till i got a new pc Posted Image

#4 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Wrong section lawl....

Install Action Replay, plug in everything doesn't matter if you are using the legit AR memory card or a USB stick.

Open and run the following program and find the the proper port where the card/usb is plugged into.

Look for the following and save the aaaa and bbbb characters.

idVendor: 0xAAAA
    idProduct: 0xBBBB

Attached File  USBVIEW.EXE   67.5KB   289 downloads

Go to your action replay driver folder in program files/datel/Action replay/ drivers and edit the driver file. In there scroll down to the devices list and on the first like only edit the VID to the AAAA characters and the PID to the BBBB characters then save the file.

Go to device manager and find the device and update the driver to the file you edited in to AR drivers folder...

Start AR and it should work :drool:

PS, This does work on Windows 7 but i was only able to get it on 32bit and not 64 as the driver does not want to work properly in x64.

#5 GermanShepherdD

GermanShepherdD

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

This worked thank you twam the master of all technology... now all i need is the save. :3