#1 iTzoODavidOo

iTzoODavidOo

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 353 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

First look at Halo
    Halo 4 perks system announced.
    Halo 4 bringing the Battle Rifle back, introducing unlockable abilities in progression system
    Possible evidence of a clan system returning?

Campaign:
    - The story will be the most cinematic Halo experience to date, that will set the stage for the next decade of the franchise.
    - Master Chief is back, and a new ancient and dark threat is going to be thrown at him that will not only test his abilities, but will give players an understanding just who he really is, all while introducing some new gameplay mechanics.
    - Cortana will play a huge part in the story.
    - Master Chief's armor design has been upgraded to provide the functionality needed to convey his power.
    - Story will be darker and more sophisticated than past games.

Multiplayer
    - Story wraps around the multiplayer experience for the first time in the franchise.
    - Players now control Spartan IV's, which promise to be just as powerful as Master Chief.
    - There is a reason why red and blue soldiers are killing each other.
    - Beyond the typical cosmetic customization options, players will be able to augment their Spartan IV's abilities and weapon loadouts, altering their gameplay styles for the first time.
    - A lot of focus has gone into giving players a better sense of weight.
    - Audio design has been much improved and really gives a player a sense of where shots are coming from.
    - Maps have been built from the ground up.
    - The Battle Rifle is back and has been redesigned.
    - Two maps have been announced so far: War House and Wrap Around.
    - War House takes place in a civilian manufacturing plant that is travelling in a near space orbit above a gas giant. It has a large decorative Cyclops Mark II mech in the center which serves as the focal point for this slayer style map.
    - Wrap Around is another small slayer style arena, set in a Forerunner facility, that contains catwalks, ramps, and plenty of man-cannons to keep the action fast and frantic.

My Opinion: UK David T
    Now this quote here is what I want to bring up:

"Beyond the typical cosmetic customization options, players will be able to augment their Spartan IV's abilities and weapon loadouts, altering their gameplay styles for the first time."

They're basically going to expand on Bungie's stupidity and add perks and other ****. So basically instead of it being like Halo 3 where it actually took skill, its rock, paper, scissors where the person with the best perk wins.

But it doesn't stop there! Nope they're adding a progression system like Call of Duty where you unlock weapons, perks, abilities and other things. We're not that step closer to Call of Halo: Space Warfare.

My body is not ready for this.

Update 1:

Posted By: TMX BoxBurn
    Well from the Vidoc posted on Waypoint, when looked at it seems that each team has it's own symbol. As there are more people on the radar we know it is not 1v1 so why else would a team have a dedicated emblem?
    Heres the picture: link
    What do you think, is this evidence to a Clan system returning?

Update 2:

Posted by Venturebeat:
    1. The progression system won't just be cosmetic
    2. On-screen icons will point out where weapon pickups arefor a special reason
    3. Large feel-good text will tell you how you killed someone
    4. Halo 4 will be higher resolution (but still not 60 frames per second)
    5. You'll be able to customize loadouts
    6. Power weapons may not be on set timers
    7. A new bad guy
    8. The return of Halo 3′s BR
    9. Mechs?
    10. The guy behind Call of Duty's Nazi Zombies is working on Halo 4
    11. Multiplayer stages will tell their own stories

#2 xDSLx Killer

xDSLx Killer

Private

• Members+

• 42 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I kinda understand the perks and the rewarding system they are introducing in halo 4. IMO I always had the problem that multiplayer in Halo is kinda repetitive. I don't know but if I look back to Halo in let's say 30 years, I remember the fun I had in custom games. I like that 343i is listening to their fans about Halo Reach matchmaking. Would it be too much to ask for a custom game finder? If they say that Halo stays Halo with all the perks and 'stuff' I'll play if multiplayer becomes less boring to ME.

#3 iTzoODavidOo

iTzoODavidOo

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 353 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

I can confirm right now that it is not perks. A Bungie Employee posted on Neogaf:

We didn't mention them. That's why I put it in quotes. That term was coined by someone else to interpret stuff they saw in the UI. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and to be expected during announce fervor. And yes, it's partly our fault since we re rolling out more information about this stuff at a later time.

This was a reply to this post:

I'm surprised Perks were even mentioned without even a follow up. That will only serve to get people riled up. Although you probably can't control everything that's said.