•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Bungie.net Halo Services End March 31

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    1 reply to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

Posted Image

At the end of March, Bungie will no longer handle player data for Halo games. The studio issued a statement today saying the transition process between it and 343 Industries, Microsoft's new internal Halo studio, will be completed March 31. After then, all live Halo data will be managed by 343.

"Bungie will no longer be able to update game stats and player service records, to host new user generated content, or to operate the Bungie Pro service," they said. "All currently supported, Bungie-developed Halo titles will be impacted by this change.

"Any replacement functionality, and all future Halo support, will be provided by Microsoft and 343 Industries via Halo Waypoint."

Bungie said it will preserve all existing historical Halo data on Bungie.net "for as long as the Internet and Bungie's data storage systems remain functional."

[Source: Bungie]

#2 REDSTAR 105

REDSTAR 105

Insert Custom Title Here.

• Donors+

• 775 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

WAT.
    WAT.
    I REFUSE TO BELIEVE.
    I still have my first Halo 2 live game played all the way back from 2004 :((
    Team Assault on Zanzibar man... and it's STILL up.