• Please log in to reply
    143 replies to this topic

#41 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

One last thing, I want to echo what smokiest said. I, much like him, spent more time perfecting things on iBotModz then on my schoolwork. I'm sure most of you sometimes put online communities over school. Sometimes I wonder, if I spent the same time on homework instead of online, where would I be now? There's no point in thinking, I like where I am now.

Same, I just about passed my GCSE's thanks to reach beta modding and have only scraped exams since I started modding. Yet the knowledge of programming/formats of halo game files and the techniques used to research them have helped me through school, and got me through computing and just tought me so much more than I'd have ever learn at high school. The stuff they teach you is just pathetic.

Just to add on, when I read "It's like Halley's Comet, its a once in a life time ride and we were part of it.", man that almost had a tear in my eye, yet I felt honored to be part of it.

Edited by Xerax, 28 October 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#42 cdeath

cdeath

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

Hey guys.. I doubt any of you guys remember me. I am writing from my cell phone at college right now. Ii remember when ibm opened and I would just scan the pages. I never joined until later. I felt like you guys were our competiton lol. I was owner of blood4hire and modderator at a few other sites. I began modding back in 07 or 06 I believe at blitzwarez. On youtube, I saw a video of the halo 2 main menu in color and I thought iit was amazing. So I googled around and talked to a few modders online to solve the mystery of modding. I got ahold of everything and I must have modded about 30 xboxes. I added lights for people and xbmc and emulators, etc. Ii upgraded a few harddrives for ppl and got ppl I barely talk to to buy xboxes. Currently, I only have 2 modded. As for halo 2, I loved all the map packs they had avaliable and I moved on to old map modding. Ill admit, I cheated online for a few months with 2 months back in the day. But then I just started to make fun mods for ppl and I would leave my xbox on for hours for ppl to play them. On b4h, I took screenshots of other peoples mods with yelo and posted them online. As the xbox died, I moved towards wii modding for a month, and then to the 360, which I currently do. I was 14 when I started with all this stuff. I am 20 now and I am a sophomore in college going for my IT degree. It all started with the xbox and halo 2. People used to post bogus software to generate 2 months or mod and it was up to me to get that malware off my computer. This is how I learned. And while I wasn't really active on this site, I did check it out. I did take a few things off here and added it to our site when it was around lol. Idk if you guys know lackey04 or The Stud 45, but I still am friends with them. I had a few friends such as ghostsniper who I lost contact with also. But I just wanted to say thanks to this site and everybody else who contributed to modding anything. You guys sparked my future and I say thank you!!

#43 Dark Master

Dark Master

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 81 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

It's absolutely incredible what not only this forum itself, but this topic in general has created. Peaches has single handily shown each and every one of us a door into a future that didn't yet exist. In all three pages of comments, its astounding to see the number of you who have mentioned distinct changes in your life due to the things you learned (and taught) right here at these very forums. It's sad to think that it has to come to an end, but like Peaches mentioned, this is not quite the end.

The success seen on these forums has impacted countless lives, including my own, and those who never actually registered here. If you ever check how many "Guests" are active versus registered members, that number in itself will astound you. With that, consider yourself the lucky one as the modding revolution truly began with iBotModz. And unfortunately it is true that all good things end. But they end in a way that will leave room for the next generation of modders to take over. I myself have seem IBM through a few iterations in order to to better serve a community who's only goal was to learn.

I myself admit that I was never as smart as all of you, and you have the potential to be great from the skills you've learned here. As much as I'd love to tie my formal education to what I've learn at IBM, unfortunately, in my case, it is not the same. To me, I'm just a geek, a modder, and a hacker. And what I learned here was a hobby, not an occupation. What I learned here taught me skills that simply cannot be taught, and as cliche as that may sound, we all know it to be true. How many of your friends mod Xboxs?

To conclude, IBM was an icon of my childhood, and to this day continues to provide information to those still wishing to learn. Peaches and everyone else on that list showed us that an online community can change your life. And I can honestly say my life, my childhood, and my future, has and will be affected by everything and everyone I had the pleasure of meeting and working with at iBotModz.

Cheers,
    Dark Master

#44 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

HAHAHAHA! I GOT ON THE LIST! I WIN! But seriously though, I've been here three years. I love this site like I love myself. Which isn't saying much because I have low self esteem, but still. I feel like I should say something more, but I'm not that great with emotions, I like to hold them all back. I'm sure I'll go out in some form of murder suicide at some point in my life because of it. But um, I don't know, I can definitely track my progression as a person through my posts on this site, which is saying something. Whether it's for good or bad remains to be seen. Oh and I'll start posting a bit more later on, it's been a bit hectic lately. I'll try and keep the site filled with as much new stuff as I can.

Edited by Slidell, 28 October 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#45 mattk508

mattk508

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

Those were the good old days, I used to be on ibotmodz all the time. It's where I learned how to modd, and I used to love it!, still would if I could. I still have my modded original Xbox. Everyone here was always so nice and friendly, now it seems like Xbox itself is full of "pros" if I could go back, I would. This was the best site ever!
    <3 you ibotpeaches! Your the dude.

#46 Kyaizen

Kyaizen

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

lol wow haven't been on here in forever.

#47 Dataanti

Dataanti

• Members+

• 302 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

[*]Dataanti - You broke the forum layout with a garbage post. I posted it on IPB forums and got lots of credit for finding a bug. It was you though lol.

:) you welcome :p

also....

WOOOOOO 300 POSTS!!!!

Edited by Dataanti, 28 October 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#48 Kurrupted Ninja

Kurrupted Ninja

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 195 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

joined in 2009 because i got my own computer when i was 13
    i've allways wanted to be like those guys who glitches or hacked the game back from halo 2

i would go to my uncles house and play any latest mod he had installed on to the xbox they owned. after awhile i started looking online for a site where i could learn how to do all of this stuff, i found IBM.
    now im 15 going in to 16 and don't have much time due to my job and school, but i still come on just to see any new post.
    i love this site and everyone here, it was great :)

Edited by Kurrupted Ninja, 28 October 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#49 Doomz

Doomz

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Was never really involved here, but a few may recognize myself.

Sad to see another Halo Modding related board close, but we all move on eventually.

-Doom

#50 lambooguy

lambooguy

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

I'm still alive. Good to see everything and everyone is still here. I have been busy and have learned alot. Thanks for the email Peaches. I will try being more active here.

#51 hazza1o1

hazza1o1

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

#52 HaloModder2000

HaloModder2000

Corporal Grade 2

• Members+

• 246 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

Most of you won't remember, but I am xHdTxHaloModder. I saw this thread yesterday when I was just checking out iBotModz again yesterday, couldn't find my password but I finally got it. Since everyone is saying there "good-byes" I might as well do the same. I planned on re-joining this site a few months ago, but I got caught up in some "irl" stuff and I couldn't get around to re-joining.

I remember when I first got that message from Peaches that he was banned off whatever modding site (It was either Zero Gravity's or HaloMods) and he quickly needed me to join this site (well, it was the old blue & black forumer forums) and then my journey on iBotModz began. I was 9 or 10 at the time, I was moderator for about a week or so, then Peachers found out and removed me from staff. ;3

Once iBotModz migrated over to this new site, we lost a lot of the old school members. Lost some good friends, but everyone moves on.

Peaches, I just want to reach out to you personally and say thank you for inviting me to this site, I called it "home" for quite a long time. Ever since I left this site I joined the hacking scene and learned a lot about Computer Security. I can honestly say If you didn't invite me on to this site, I'd probably never have the computer knowledge I have today. I would have never learnt so much about modding, I would have never stayed in to computers this long. So I have to thank you for everything that you basically gave to me. I'd also like to thank you for dealing with my 9 - 12 year old ass while I was on this website. I've matured a LOT since I joined this site. I actually know how to spell "actual" now. lol.

I would like to say a final goodbye to all the friends that I had the pleasure of meeting on this website.

"They say that all beauty must die, I say it just moves on." - Avenged Sevenfold

Edited by Selena, 29 October 2011 - 02:50 AM.

#53 Hap3niz

Hap3niz

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:23 AM

woww, how times have changed.
    always loved this site, although i never contributed anything useful.
    i do agree, part of my childhood.. and will always remember.

miss them H2 days!

#54 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

Well, I wasn't here at this site for very long, and I wish I had spent more time here. I knew you fairly well Peachez and we had some great discussions. Sadly, I kinda dropped off the H2 modding thing once my Xbox fried on me, that and family had become a bigger priority. I had a great time during my run with everyone here and the community. As wierd as it sounds, you all sorta became like family to me in some way or another. Some of you were great inspirations, kinda like a brother or sister. Others were stern and harsh kinda like a second set of parents.

In any case, we achieved and helped carry a legacy of modding that people will go on to remember for generations, that much i am sure. So thanks again to everyone in the community that helped make Ibotmodz and the Halo community in general an awesome place to be and create! Cheers guys!

PS: I'll catch you eventually over at 343i Peachez ;)

#55 blacklabelfosho

blacklabelfosho

Impossible is nothing

• Retired Staff

• 520 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

Thank you for the mention Peaches and Lax :D

Where do I begin, I was always the old guy having to teach all the tardbabies in the cbox.
    I am 23 just graduated college with a music teaching degree. notice teach is repeated from the cbox to my now profession.

I Still have some of my hardmodded xboxes as well as some old softmodded xboxes. Don't get played much anymore but when I see them up on that shelf it reminds me of a time long ago when i had this site to always go to for anything I needed.

I remember saying "find a tutorial" about a thousand times a day back then. Halo2 modding was beast and the community that spawned off of it was incredible. yes there were those douschbags that wanted credit for everything that was found, but for the most part it was all about finding something new and sharing it with the rest of us. I remember when shader swaps were first found. and then the next day EVERY SINGLE mod showcased that specific thing.
    I remember when Yelo trainer was released and everyone sh!t themselves.
    Killtrocity mappack was in its own league of mods and noone knew where to go from there.
    Then killtrocity mappack 2 came out and even more mods were created after that.
    model swaps were a thing of the past, you now had to incorporate them into the mod seemlessly.

I was already in college when halo 3 came out so I never really had time after that for any of this.
    I was also dissapointed to see how h3 modding was so different from h2 modding.
    ppl trying to sell modded maps for m$ points :/ this is what killed the community

I am still friends with peaches and nox1336 and snail on xbl.
    Im in adult mode now so i dont have really much time for playing games but if anyone wants to chill add me on xbl
    GT - Scary lil boy

I'd love to do a shoutout list but I would just forget someone and feel so damn bad about it.
    whatever here goes:
    Peaches, Lax, Melo, Nielsss, Anarchy, MasterSnail, StevenSVE, EazyB, Curtis, Fattwam, yungbol, snowmon333, Dark Ruler, , Korrupt Data, Dark Slipstream, SmokiestGrunl, Dan, Slack, Slidell.

my post count is very low, but remember that is because of the site switch so long ago. mine should be around 2.5k but you all should know that post count doesn't mean you know anything about what you are talking about. If you really want help i suggest the people mentioned above, they were my inspiration and made me into the person I am today.

I still visit this site at least once a day believe it or not. I just don't have time to really post, but if you guys ever need anything I am always looking for ways i can still contribute to the site.

Edited by blacklabelfosho, 29 October 2011 - 09:07 AM.

#56 fausto240

fausto240

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hey as many of the others who have posted I to was a Lurker but I got started Modding and this forum has formed my future. It got me started into this technical hoohah and now I love every second of it. PS has anyone figured out how to non jtag/dev kit mod halo reach? But that's besides the point I'm accualy going to start designing computer parts at one of the big two, either intelligence or amd preferably amd because that comapany has fueled my computer everything since birth. I just wanted to say thank you for hosting this forum because it was the first forum that I can remember and it has had such a massive effect on my life. Well guys --fausto240-- out. Peace.

#57 pokemon

pokemon

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

We are with you ibotmodz!!!

#58 zowned

zowned

Recruit

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

Sorry to see this site go. I know how it is man. To all who don't know me... I had a chat a while back with iBotPeaches about becoming an affiliate. Hell I even did a kick-ass logo that took me 2-3 hours to do when the site was looking for a new look. I guess it doesn't matter now. But if anyone needs a breath of fresh air I have created a forum category in recognition for iBotModz and everything is was and could have been. Peaches, you are always welcome back to my site even though we never got anything going. Here's to you.

Check out the forum site dedicated to iBotModz:
    http://www.zowned.co...s/33/i-bot-modz

Main site (think of facebook for gamers):
    http://www.zowned.com

zowned

#59 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Check out the forum site dedicated to iBotModz:

zowned

Thanks for the offer and forum, but iBotModz was founded on the premise that we wouldn't require registrations to view content, as it just pisses people off and doesn't aid in the community. Its more of business motto instead of community motto. If people want to join a community they will, the forced registration is just maddening. That forum requires registration, and though I have an account I don't wish for the rest of the community to do so. I thank you for the offer, but I do not wish for iBotModz to have a dedication forum.

#60 halo3glitching

halo3glitching

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

It was truly fun, thank you for teaching about modding at such a young age!