• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

In what will likely be seen as the next in a series of decisions intended to confuse and anger PC gamers, Battlefield 3 developer DICE has confirmed that the upcoming shooter will eschew the profile freedom the series has maintained for so long. In a recent tweet, DICE's Daniel Mastros states that "your name is linked to your origin persona." Yesterday it was confirmed that retail copies of Battlefield 3 will require Origin, and now the reason for that is just a little bit clearer. It's safe to say that this also answers yesterdays question regarding other services like Direct2Drive: Yes, Origin is required. It seems PC gamers will be locked into the same profile restriction that console gamers have known for quite some time.

Only one Battlefield 3 soldier allowed per player? [Battlefield3Blog]

#2 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

Well, I guess I know what I'm pirating. I love Bad Company 2. I really do. I even got an amazing deal on steam, $10 for the game, the Vietnam expansion and the spectac kits. Battlefield 3 is starting to look worse and worse though. For one, I have enough programs on my PC, I don't need another (Origin). Now we can only have one soldier. Next thing they're gonna tell us is there won't be any dedicated servers. In which case I might as well boot up ye old 360 and play a bit.
    /rant
    :(

#3 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Well, I guess I know what I'm pirating. I love Bad Company 2. I really do. I even got an amazing deal on steam, $10 for the game, the Vietnam expansion and the spectac kits. Battlefield 3 is starting to look worse and worse though. For one, I have enough programs on my PC, I don't need another (Origin). Now we can only have one soldier. Next thing they're gonna tell us is there won't be any dedicated servers. In which case I might as well boot up ye old 360 and play a bit.
    /rant
    :(

It's EA, not DICE. EA's getting as bad as activision. They ****** with bioware, now they're ******* with DICE.