• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 JMorin86

JMorin86

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and I just happened to come across you guys while attempting to install the Halo 2 Phantom Map Packs. I used a tutorial that Peaches wrote on transferring the V1 Map pack to my soft modded Xbox HDD. When I attempt to run the map pack, it plays the opening AMV of the Phantom Map Pack with the epic music. Afterwards, I go from the menu to multiplayer and when I go to select a different map it only shows the original Halo 2 maps that came with the disc. Can someone try and direct me in the right direction with this? As far as I know I set up the files correctly when I placed them under my F drive under Games.

Thanks!

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

That means that you either

1) Didn't patch the mainmenu correctly, thus its loading the clean maps

or

2) You still have the Halo 2 update installed. I don't remember exactly, but under E/TDATA/00000064/

There is a folder called $c or $u, just rename them to $c_old and $u_old. That should fix the auto updated maps problem.

#3 JMorin86

JMorin86

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

That means that you either

1) Didn't patch the mainmenu correctly, thus its loading the clean maps

or

2) You still have the Halo 2 update installed. I don't remember exactly, but under E/TDATA/00000064/

There is a folder called $c or $u, just rename them to $c_old and $u_old. That should fix the auto updated maps problem.

Alright, I got it to work finally. All I had to do was repack the files and it worked. Just got done checking out some of the maps and I have to say that they are definitely imaginative. The bubble map was an awesome idea and I thought it was cool how they used Bart's skateboard as a sword in the Simpsons map. Lol As I was playing some of the maps, I began to think it would be cool if someone made a laser tag-like map where you use some type of modded gun that shoots red lasers in a darkly lit arena + neon lights and whatnot. I spent about an hour trying to beat the Donkey Kong map, it's intense; I have yet to beat that one. The vehicle spawning map is a neat idea, I liked how they took a warthog and wraith and fused them together. By far one of my most favorite maps would have to be the Mario Kart Block fort mainly because of the nostalgia. The only issue I've had thus far is the fact that a couple of the levels froze on me and I had to re-start my xbox. I hope it has nothing to do with the way I packed the files or an error from my xbox. If you know of it just being a glitch in the maps, please let me know. Peaches, your name will most definitely go down in xbox-scene history along with all the other bad ass minds behind these maps! Thanks for making my Halo 2 experience long lasting!

#4 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

I just build the mappack. I only tested a few of them during development, otherwise no other involvement :p

I tried to fix freezing issues as I encountered them, but most were just impossible to fix. If it freezes instantly on load, then that would be a patch problem. If it freezes after you do some action, that is neither one's of our faults. Just being the fact its modded.

#5 JMorin86

JMorin86

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

I just build the mappack. I only tested a few of them during development, otherwise no other involvement :p

I tried to fix freezing issues as I encountered them, but most were just impossible to fix. If it freezes instantly on load, then that would be a patch problem. If it freezes after you do some action, that is neither one's of our faults. Just being the fact its modded.

Yeah, I was assuming that it's inevitable to bypass an in game freeze now and then just because it's modded and all. It's not that big of a deal to me. I won't hold it against you for not testing all the maps, I'm pretty sure you released enough blood sweat and tears into compiling the map pack itself. :D Now that I've learned how to load up these custom maps, I'm going to look around for those Killtrocity map packs; they're bound to be around here some where. I found some dead links here in the forums, it's really hard to keep links alive; especially when they're more than 3 years old. Lol

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

Link me to any of the posts where you find dead links. I have almost everything on my own computer that I can re-upload for you.

#7 JMorin86

JMorin86

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Link me to any of the posts where you find dead links. I have almost everything on my own computer that I can re-upload for you.

Alright, I found some dead links for the Killtrocity Map Pack V2. If you can find V1 please see if you can re upload those too. Were there a lot of map packs released? If so could you tell me what they were all called so I can take a look? Thanks man.

Killtrocity V2: http://ibotmodz.net/...city-2-mappack/