• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

I have been fooling around in Halo 2 Vista lately, and I have created a pretty fun little mod for High Charity. Changes include:
    -Character changed to a Grunt (With recharging energy shields and health)
    -All plasma pistols swapped with Fuel Rod Cannon
    -Fuel Rod Cannon now has bottomless clip

Since I gave the Grunt a bottomless Fuel Rod Cannon and recharging shields, its actually quite fun to play and you can beat the whole level, though some parts are still a challenge.

To install, download this file: http://www.gruntmods...erunnership.map
    Then place it in your maps folder of you Halo 2 Vista install directory ( say yes when it asks you if you would like to replace the existing map file).

To remove the mod, delete the map file from your maps folder, and insert your game disc. Then select "Play the game" and the game will launch. At the menu, the game will copy over any map files you are missing ( you can tell by viewing your hdd activity indicator light on your computer). After it is done, you may continue playing or exit the game, and the mod will be removed and replaced with the original map.

Here is a youtube video of me playing the Mod:

#2 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

looks great! downloading now :)

Its really fun, I guess one of the things I like about it is now you have no flashlight, youre smaller and you move slower. So its turned Halo into a horrow game with all of the flood and the bad vision haha

I feel like Im playing Condemned or something. Anytime I hear something or see something move, I just turn and obliterate it!

Ill rate a 9/10... due to the fact that you dont see a grunt in the cutscenes... :p

Edited by Randomrocket, 21 July 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#3 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

looks great! downloading now :)

Its really fun, I guess one of the things I like about it is now you have no flashlight, youre smaller and you move slower. So its turned Halo into a horrow game with all of the flood and the bad vision haha

I feel like Im playing Condemned or something. Anytime I hear something or see something move, I just turn and obliterate it!

Ill rate a 9/10... due to the fact that you dont see a grunt in the cutscenes... :p

Not sure why that is, I guess its because the way they do animations, the character you swap has to be similar to the one that was originally there.
    Edit: Use blu trainer for third person camera

#4 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

Finally updated my site and made a page for this: http://gruntmods.com/?page_id=358