• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

I believe that this will be the last tutorial in this series, unless something specific is requested. If you want to run a completely vanilla (stock) server, this page is probably not for you.
    --
    For Minecraft servers, there are multiple options that fit (mainly) into two categories; Server Modifications and Server Wrappers

In this tutorial, I will cover how to install bukkit, the largest beta server mod out there.
    Bukkit, in a simple sense, provides a basis for other mods, called "plugins" to run. I use it, and so do many others.

1. Getting Bukkit
    To get bukkit, go to their website, and look to the right of the page. There you will find "Recommended Builds", click on the one for your minecraft version.
    Posted Image

After you click on that, it will bring you to a page like this:
    Posted Image

Click on the outlined object, and it will download the file (alternately you can use wget, if you know how, I'm not going to explain it)

2. Install
    Well, this is an easy step! Simply upload the file you just downloaded (rename it to something shorter if you like) to the same directory as your minecraft_server.jar.
    Now, you must change your script that you use to launch the server. You should just be able to replace "minecraft_server.jar" with "craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" (or whatever you renamed it to)
    However, if that doesn't work, refer to the bukkit site.

3. kso it b installed, wut do i doz nows????!??!?!?!?!??!?111111111
    Whoa, easy there, don't hurt yourself using proper English! What you do now, is start the server with your freshly modified script, let it load, then stop it again. The "plugins" folder should now exist, along with some other files.
    Posted Image

4. Getting some mods!!
    This has got to be the easiest step ever... just go to Bukkit's plugin list!

5. Installing those plugins
    So you found some plugins you like? If you downloaded a .zip or .rar, decompress them, and upload the contents to your plugins folder. If you downloaded a .jar, upload the file to your plugins folder.
    (NOTE: The server must be restarted before new plugins are loaded. If your server has been off for this tutorial, then simply start it when done. If not, restart it.)
    Posted Image

^^^ Some of the plugins I'm running

Well, have a nice day, and I hope you learned something!

#2 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

will you please op me again quinn? i'm really bored of not being able to give myself blocks :/. i started playing terraria now... gotta admit its more fun than minecraft

#3 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

will you please op me again quinn? i'm really bored of not being able to give myself blocks :/. i started playing terraria now... gotta admit its more fun than minecraft

Done, sorry about that

#4 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:03 AM

Done, sorry about that

yyyaaayy :D gonna build me a house haha

#5 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3