• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

If you've been living under a bridge for the last month then you would have missed that the PS3 keys were published by George Hotz or geohot. However, Sony decided to throw a giant lawsuit on his door, but first lets cover some ground

Geohot was the first known individual to jailbreak / unlock an iPhone, then the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) was revised allowing phone modification, which made it legal. On the grounds that since you purchased it, you can do whatever you want. Microsoft has ran into problems like this, because they have the right to "brick" dev consoles because consumers don't legally own them. However, if they were to "brick" JTAGS the lawsuits would fly as Microsoft would be sued for destroying purchased property from a consumer. This is all related roughly to what is going on now.

This case will more than likely decide modding for all consoles. This case could set the precedent for all future modding legal problems. It all comes down to weather you own that piece of hardware you purchased. However, once Sony realizes the weight of this lawsuit they might drop it on a technicality.

Here is an interview with geohot about the whole situation: http://ibotmodz.net/...-of-the-show-r4

For up to date news, watch on geohot's website: http://geohot.com/

Related to IBM: This is our new news feed. Feel free to submit your own stories.

Click here to view the story

#2 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

Related to IBM: This is our new news feed. Feel free to submit your own stories.

Click here to view the story

We can submit any modding related story to you?

#3 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

Go to this page: http://ibotmodz.net/gaming_news

And there should be an "Add Story" button, and yeah. As long as Slidell or me think the story is good, then it will be accepted. The link to the most recent story will be global on all iBotModz pages, once its finished being skinned:

Posted Image

See looks quite ugly now.

I think the categories right now are just simply PS3, Wii or Xbox 360. I plan to broaden that for specific things later on. If there are any permission problems let me know. There was at least 1000 checkboxes and I'm tired of clicking them.

#4 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Go to this page: http://ibotmodz.net/gaming_news

And there should be an "Add Story" button, and yeah. As long as Slidell or me think the story is good, then it will be accepted. The link to the most recent story will be global on all iBotModz pages, once its finished being skinned:

Posted Image

See looks quite ugly now.

I think the categories right now are just simply PS3, Wii or Xbox 360. I plan to broaden that for specific things later on. If there are any permission problems let me know. There was at least 1000 checkboxes and I'm tired of clicking them.

I already posted this u homo

#5 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Both those last 2 stories had been in the "preview" stage for testing forever (as in last few days). They weren't just now created.

So I won :o

#6 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Both those last 2 stories had been in the "preview" stage for testing forever (as in last few days). They weren't just now created.

So I won :o

:(