• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    72 replies to this topic

#21 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

There's a major flaw in the game it's not fun!
    It's like a present to the mlg players and a big **** you for all the average gamers

I actually thought it was the opposite. Armor Lock, and Bloom. really?

#22 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Regardless there is a problem.

The amount of "hate mail" and constant conflict on the bnet forums can attest to that. There was only about a month of this during Halo 3 and they released a TU to fix the beatdown issue. That fix was hated by most, but now is generally accept by the community. Bungie acknowledged the fact they messed up and announced progress on a beat-down fix. There has been no indication that a TU is being produced for Reach.

As for my personal opinion.

I bought the game since Halo was in the name, and that Bungie created it. However this game doesn't keep me addicted. I only have 10k+ H2, and 10k+ H3 games for a reason. Those games kept me addicted. The games were also shorter, and I generally could play 7-15 games without feeling bored. Honestly, after 1 game of anything on Reach I'm bored. I want to play Team Objective, but I spend 6 minutes looking for a match just to be paired against a team of 4 and we get destroyed. Invasion is fun for awhile, but then the maps are repetitive and boring. Multi-team is a kill stealing fest and is only good for getting challenges. As for FFA I've never liked, so thats nothing Reach specific. As for Team Slayer, I like it, but I get bored when the constant objective is to just kill the other team.

#23 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

Yeah. I like Metro 2033. And Fallout. And TES.

#24 yungbol

yungbol

Firmware Expert

• Global Mods

• 1,461 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

:(

#25 blacklabelfosho

blacklabelfosho

Impossible is nothing

• Retired Staff

• 520 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

i personally find halo reach pretty boring too... i find myself going into team sniper matches and only no scoping just to force the fun... but it just doesn't have the same fun that h2 had...

#26 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

There's a major flaw in the game it's not fun!
    It's like a present to the mlg players and a big **** you for all the average gamers

this is why I dont believe in these complaints, everyones is complaining the opposite of one another.

#27 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

this is why I dont believe in these complaints, everyones is complaining the opposite of one another.

We all agree it's not fun!

#28 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

I love it, its my favorite halo yet.

#29 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

Yeah. I like Metro 2033. And Fallout. And TES.

**** yeah. Metro 2033 is GOTY, also Bourbon was a bro.

Edited by Slidell, 09 December 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#30 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

**** yeah. Metro 2033 is GOTY, also Bourbon was a bro.

I was really pissed when he died. Why did he hesitate? He should have lived.

#31 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:12 AM

I will not eat green eggs and ham, I will not eat them sam I am!
    DO NOT SHUTDOWN THE SITE FOR ANY REASON!
    KEEP IT CLEAN!

#32 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

I like it. Not as much as BFBC2 though.

#33 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

KEEP IT CLEAN!

:hrhr:

#34 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

One problem I see that Bungie made in Reach is that they tried to implement too many map specific gametypes. Sure they're allowing us to create our own invasion maps, but it's so complicated, the average player can't figure it out. Thus, leaving us with only 3 maps to choose from. And it gets really repetitive after about 3 games. Especially when you get teams like this.

The sad part is the community is forced to recreate old maps due to the lack of good maps that came with the game. Seriously what was Bungie thinking when they made Zealot??? That was pathetic.

I even remade a bunch of old favorite custom gametypes (Lava Pit, Mongozombies, etc)

But then there are other games that just suck in Halo Reach. People tried recreating Grifball but it comes no where near the amount of fun as in Halo 3. The health bar ruined it.

Maybe a TU that gives the option of Halo 3 and Halo 2 style combat? lol

#35 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

The sad part is the community is forced to recreate old maps due to the lack of good maps that came with the game.

I agree with you 100%, If Bungie did actually make "kick-ass" maps there would be no need, Don't they see this ? The community is recreating the old cause the new isn't that good. Look in Halo 3 even... They tried to use guardian as a substitute to lockout then realized the players wanted lockout then had to bring back the original even though they still edited the map from its original halo 2 version which still made the game play differ. They also said that they were not going to come out with a recreate of Blood Gulch/Coag and after halo 3 they did "forge world" which still is a shitty remake of it. Then with ODST they just got money hungry, they released a new Campaign with firefight and the EXACT SAME multilayer for the same price as halo 3 when it came out... Something doesn't sit right there.

#36 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Then with ODST they just got money hungry, they released a new Campaign with firefight and the EXACT SAME multilayer for the same price as halo 3 when it came out... Something doesn't sit right there.

ODST I felt was mostly just a testing ground before Reach. If you look at the cutscenes in ODST, they are very much like Halo Reach.

They were probably testing some things then came up with the idea to make another story while also testing firefight.

#37 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

ODST I felt was mostly just a testing ground before Reach. If you look at the cutscenes in ODST, they are very much like Halo Reach.

They were probably testing some things then came up with the idea to make another story while also testing firefight.

Yes, But how do you justify the price for a new release with the Multiplayer disc just being halo 3 with all dlc ?

#38 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Yes, But how do you justify the price for a new release with the Multiplayer disc just being halo 3 with all dlc ?

blame Microsoft on that one. they're the ones that set the prices, not Bungie. And I completely agree

#39 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

One problem I see that Bungie made in Reach is that they tried to implement too many map specific gametypes. Sure they're allowing us to create our own invasion maps, but it's so complicated, the average player can't figure it out. Thus, leaving us with only 3 maps to choose from. And it gets really repetitive after about 3 games. Especially when you get teams like this.

The sad part is the community is forced to recreate old maps due to the lack of good maps that came with the game. Seriously what was Bungie thinking when they made Zealot??? That was pathetic.

I even remade a bunch of old favorite custom gametypes (Lava Pit, Mongozombies, etc)

But then there are other games that just suck in Halo Reach. People tried recreating Grifball but it comes no where near the amount of fun as in Halo 3. The health bar ruined it.

Maybe a TU that gives the option of Halo 3 and Halo 2 style combat? lol

How is invasion complicated?

#40 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

How is invasion complicated?

You have to read a freakin novel on how to make a working gametype, where as other gametypes you may only need to know what two tags mean.