22 replies to this topic

#1 Mariya

Mariya

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:17 AM

Hi there,
    Children do not need cell phones anymore than they need an extra nose growing out of the side of their head.
    I personally think that when they can pay for one with their own money is when they can have one. There for personally I think mobile phones could be banned in primary schools.
    What is your opinion?

#2 Goth

Goth

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 56 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

Hi, welcome to ibotmodz.

And No, only teenagers.

When i was 8, i had a gameboy, and a cheap laptop,

now, 8 years old have cell phones, and a xbox 360.

#3 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:33 AM

^ if you're that age and have a laptop of your own then your just spoilt and tbh children should have phones when there old enough not to lose or break them I got my first phone when I was 11 it was preaty cheap but still none the less a way a could communitcate with otheres. A year later I baught one from my own money for 5 times the price and now I'm rocking an iPhone 3gs which I baught my self last year

#4 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Lol misread what u said goth just forget about the laptop stuff.

#5 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:11 AM

Hi there,
    Children do not need cell phones anymore than they need an extra nose growing out of the side of their head.
    I personally think that when they can pay for one with their own money is when they can have one. There for personally I think mobile phones could be banned in primary schools.
    What is your opinion?

They already are........
    You can't even have a cellphone in most highschools. Honestly kids with cellphones are spoiled rotten. My dad told me upfront I needed a job to get my cell phone and I only bought it to talk to him. Although all my friends have cell phones so thats a plus, most of them have their parents pay for it.

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:39 AM

Most kids at the younger age are getting them, so there parents know where they are 24x7 and can remain in constant contact with them. Thus, the parent(s) pay for the service. Of course its exploited to the point that the main purpose of the phone is for friend to friend contact, but I'm sure theres been enough situations that the phone has saved lives to warrant its use.

#7 michael iz pro

michael iz pro

Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 355 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

Most kids at the younger age are getting them, so there parents know where they are 24x7 and can remain in constant contact with them. Thus, the parent(s) pay for the service. Of course its exploited to the point that the main purpose of the phone is for friend to friend contact, but I'm sure theres been enough situations that the phone has saved lives to warrant its use.

999 Call FTW :D

#8 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:12 AM

Hi there,
    What is your opinion?

No, kids don't need cell phones. I don't need a cell phone, I have one cause I want to have one.

They already are........
    You can't even have a cellphone in most highschools. Honestly kids with cellphones are spoiled rotten. My dad told me upfront I needed a job to get my cell phone and I only bought it to talk to him. Although all my friends have cell phones so thats a plus, most of them have their parents pay for it.

^Some kids are spoiled, but I basically agree with the rest^

hah, I wish. I pay my own phone bill.

#9 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

Same I have to in pay as you go so if my mom wants to talk to me she calls me otherwise I gotta top up to call my friends

#10 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

the phone has saved lives to warrant its use.

Not true, Phones aren't used to call now but to text and has the internet and I still remember one case where these 2 girls updated their facebook pages saying they needed help.

#11 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

If they didn't have that phone to update their FB then what would of happened :o

It comes down to a very small percent that the phone actually saves lives for. For that small percent, I'd keep them for children.

#12 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

If they didn't have that phone to update their FB then what would of happened :o

It comes down to a very small percent that the phone actually saves lives for. For that small percent, I'd keep them for children.

If I had the chance I would take out the texting function and video function if it has one because of child protection laws.

#13 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Just remove the internet on phones. 7 years ago phones didnt have it and we got along just fine. These days people would die if they didnt have internet on them constantly.

Im cool with kids having cell phones but not ones that cost more than their parents car. When I have kids, they will get their first phone when they are 13, but if they want internet and texting, they have to pay for it each month.

#14 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

When I have kids,

Sucker.

#15 michael iz pro

michael iz pro

Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 355 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

When I have kids, they will get their first phone when they are 13, but if they want internet and texting, they have to pay for it each month.

your kids will hate you lol

#16 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

your kids will hate you lol

Hey. Ill buy the cell phone and pay for the basic stuff. Im letting them upgrade if they want but they gotta pay the extra.

its pretty fair.

#17 connorss

connorss

Corporal Grade 1

• Members+

• 127 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

i bougth my own phone and pay for my own plan. im 12 but i find it's worth it. i hav txting only plan for 15$ and it's fine for what i use it for.

#18 KarenyME

KarenyME

Recruit

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Well my opinion is, I had a cell phone as a kid (not primary school, but middle school) because my parents liked to know where I was when I went to friends houses, stayed after school, wouldn't be home for dinner, etc. Also a cell phone is extremely useful in case of an emergency. I can see why having a cell phone would be useful even to children of that age.

#19 SunilSamuel

SunilSamuel

Apprentice Grade 2

• Banned

• 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

i think there in no reason to give mobile phone children specially under 15 age....

#20 fattwam

fattwam

General Grade 2

• Sub-Admins

• 3,979 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

If they want a phone they should have to pay for it themselves, still have rules about it in school and such but having parents just give their kids phones primarily their first phone is just more of a reason for that kid to grow up into a cock son of a bitch.