•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Halo Reach @ E3Today at the Microsoft Press Conference we saw the first demo of the Halo: Reach campaign. It showed four Spartans (perfect for 4 playe

• Please log in to reply
    28 replies to this topic

#1 Alloyy

Alloyy

Private

• Members+

• 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Today at the Microsoft Press Conference we saw the first demo of the Halo: Reach campaign. It showed four Spartans (perfect for 4 player co-op we presume) being assaulted by numerous drop-ships on the surface of the planet. We got a look at combat against Elites, who have returned after their hiatus. During the battle, the main character's shields regenerated but his health did not.

There are definitely armor abilities in single-player as the main character used "sprint" during the fight while his co-op partner used armor lock. The group of Spartans charged across a battlefield while enemy drop pods fell and stormed an overrun human base. An animated assassination was shown in the hall, as the Spartans loaded a ship and blasted off into space.

Then the demo really took off as the ship launched and entered into space combat. Lasers and explosions filled the screen just above the planet of Reach.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    info directly copied and pasted from: http://xbox360.ign.c.../1097028p1.html

#2 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

It looked alright. The graphics are still shit.

#3 Alloyy

Alloyy

Private

• Members+

• 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

wow, you either have down syndrom, or your just a ******* asshole who hasnt played any of the halo games...

#4 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

^^epic rape^^

#5 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Campaigns suck.

I buy the game for the MP.

#6 Lockon

Lockon

"I never asked for this"

• VIP

• 1,896 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:21 AM

^ Sad just sad your like a CoD player who only buys it for online

#7 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Campaigns suck.

I buy the game for the MP.

Only because AI can't send hate mail.

#8 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

wow, you either have down syndrom, or your just a ******* asshole who hasnt played any of the halo games...

How about you shut the fuck up and gtfo. In case you haven't noticed, the 360 can't handle dick all when it comes to the graphics department. Hell, you want an example, play fallout 3 on PC, get NMC's texture pack, and play it. Then tell me I'm retarded for saying that the graphics still suck. I'm not stupid, or ignorant, I find it odd that one modder can make better textures for a game than a whole company. Mind you, I guess its not entirely their fault, look at the hardware they have to deal with.

#9 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

Your typical Halo fanboy. I bet you also believe halo invented the FPS.

#10 Rogue Modder

Rogue Modder

Class of 2008

• VIP

• 1,328 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

Your typical Halo fanboy. I bet you also believe halo invented the FPS.

It was the first good FPS for a console though ;)

#11 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

It was the first good FPS for a console though ;)

Golden Eye.

#12 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Halo is the only reson y people put up with the crap that Microsoft gives it's customers and as soon as halo hits ps3 that will be the end of xbox if there were no exlusive games halo , gears etc the xbox wouldn't have sold half the amount of units It did. I've gone through 10 xbox 360 7 got rrod and I have 3 infront of me. I only baught the 360 for halo just like many others playstation will kill the xbox of Microsoft don't get there act togher and stop ******* up soo much.

#13 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

Golden Eye.

the first lan capable

Halo is the only reson y people put up with the crap that Microsoft gives it's customers and as soon as halo hits ps3 that will be the end of xbox if there were no exlusive games halo , gears etc the xbox wouldn't have sold half the amount of units It did. I've gone through 10 xbox 360 7 got rrod and I have 3 infront of me. I only baught the 360 for halo just like many others playstation will kill the xbox of Microsoft don't get there act togher and stop ******* up soo much.

halo is owned by microsoft, so that will literally never happen.

Only because AI can't send hate mail.

Mostly because you kill them

#14 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

It looks like it could use more polishing. That level looked like it had been cut in half in the interest of time. I bet there is a lot more ground to cover outside the base and a lot more CQB inside the base in the final game.

#15 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

No halo or bungie is not longer owned by Microsoft it's now own by activation(multy platform) and any game produced by bungie after halo reach actavation decides what happens with it and them being money whores(looking at what the did with cod) chances are they are going to **** up everything we know and love about halo/bungie as if game company don't stop getting so ******* gready they are gonna kill the gamming industry. I hope bungie get full rights to all products because actavation is gonna make bungie worth as much mw2(can't rember the producers right now) ya lots of money but when the games become rushed and flaws are desocved (jtag lobbys) it's gonna kill the title and kill the repuation of the producers not to mention risk closing the producers completly.

Look at mw2 acvation rushed the shit out of over priced it, no beta testing , charge unbelivable amounts for add ons, not fix problems fast enough ( shottys range is still un****ing bealivable), ahh so much and on top of that not pay producers fair amounts causing over half of the team to leave and join EA. Now with hardly left on the team all the can do is produce maps and don't have the man power to make a new game. Acvation stuck In multy law suits so they still can't pay the reaminig crew bounsess. I can go on all day but this should be enough sorry for the long read.

#16 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Btw I don't know If anyone has played the new transfomers game(by acvation) but it's totally cod withrobots you make classes there's perks kill streaks and don't forget 1 shot melly kill any whare in the body. They are just millking cods tittle of all it's worth just like they are goin to do with halo

#17 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

Btw I don't know If anyone has played the new transfomers game(by acvation) but it's totally cod withrobots you make classes there's perks kill streaks and don't forget 1 shot melly kill any whare in the body. They are just millking cods tittle of all it's worth just like they are goin to do with halo

reach was confirmed final halo. I lost interest in halo after 5 months of halo 3.

#18 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:19 AM

Wow how can you lose intrest in halo omg I still play halo wars but they also said halo 3 was the last one then they announced odst. They said that was the last on then they announced halo recon which changed to reach and said it's the last one but I doubt it as there's some un answerd question left possably a halo 4 on the way to continue for halo 3

#19 jmdalmighty

jmdalmighty

Admin

• VIP

• 1,242 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

So far the story line is : halo 1-> halo 2->halo odst-> halo reach->halo 3 don't know whare halo wars fits in

#20 Quinn

Quinn

Colonel Grade 3

• Global Mods

• 2,323 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

So far the story line is : halo 1-> halo 2->halo odst-> halo reach->halo 3 don't know whare halo wars fits in

Actually, your wrong.
    It goes:
    Halo Wars --> Halo Reach --> Halo 1 --> Halo 2 (first bit) --> Halo ODST --> Halo 2 (second bit) --> Halo 3